Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 04:35 PM   #91
Rootless
Eskimo Baby

I've been debating too about posting to this topic.

I am well aware that it is frowned upon to post personal stuff about Damo and co. on this forum. But Lisa leaving the bad isn't personal or private - its public knowledge and it affects me personally because it means that when I bought my ticket, I was paying to see Lisa perform too and now because of this, it won't happen and that does affect my enjoyment of the product that I bought.

I believe it is disrepectful to dismiss this thread by asking people to let it die. As far as I am concerned Emmett holds the key to that responsiblity and his choice if he wishes to lock it - his forum his prerogative. For everyone else, if you don't like what someone is saying, its not a good enough reason to try to coerce others not to post and smacks of censorship.

Fame & money v privacy & anonymity. Damo was not naive in making his choice and it is reasonable to assume that people might speculate about Lisa's departure, and it is reasonable to assume that people might do so here. Another trade off lies in him giving us more information so that we don't have to speculate - no reason why he should but it would call a halt to the speculation.

I'm not going to post on this thread again, suffice to say my issue is with the unofficial "policing" going on here.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:54 PM   #92
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

FYI

I have seen Damien 4 times in the past few years, Lisa has only been there once.
When you bought tickets in the past you never knew which band members would be there.
He has always had an open policy with the band.

To feel cheated because you "bought tickets" based on Lisa being there just really doesn't hold water. She has never been written in stone to be at each concert Damien has been booked to play.

I understand now things are different, but guarantees have never been part of the deal

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice

Last edited by julia; 04-13-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:57 PM   #93
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Okay, this thread has run it's creative course... Everyone has had ample time to state their opinions... and restate them... nothing new is being said here. It also seems that many of the posts are just people trying to get the last word.

So, it is now locked.

Closed Thread