Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Lisa Hannigan > Lisa Hannigan

Old 09-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #91
Rai
Eskimontologist

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #92
Timeé
Intello

A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #93
Timeé
Intello

A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #94
Rai
Eskimontologist

There are six types of quarks, known as flavors: up, down, charm, strange, top, and bottom.[4] Up and down quarks have the lowest masses of all quarks. The heavier quarks rapidly change into up and down quarks through a process of particle decay: the transformation from a higher mass state to a lower mass state. For this reason, up and down quarks are generally stable and the most common in the universe, whereas charm, strange, top, and bottom quarks can only be produced in high energy collisions (such as those involving cosmic rays and in particle accelerators).

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #95
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

TOPIC TOPIC TOPIC

Take it outside (to another thread) boys.

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #96
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Home, Sweet Home

Lisa and the band will be returning to Ireland in December for a number of dates around the country. Leading up to the Irish tour, they'll be doing four dates in the UK as well. We're pleased to announce LisaHannigan.ie ticket presales for these shows, starting September 29. Log into your account just before the sale starts for your chance to buy tickets before anyone else.

If you're not a site member yet, you can become one right now. It costs nothing to join and we'll never share or sell your information to anyone. Just note that being signed up to the mailing list does not mean you have a membership account.

Ireland & UK Tour
Show Date Venue Location Presale Starts
Nov 22/09 The Waterfront Norwich Norwich, UK Sep 30 @ 9 am BST
Nov 24/09 Club Academy Manchester, UK Sep 30 @ 9 am BST
Nov 25/09 Academy 2 Birmingham, UK Sep 30 @ 9 am BST
Dec 6/09 INEC Acoustic Club Kilarney, IE Sep 29 @ 9 am IST
Dec 7/09 Glór Irish Music Centre Ennis, IE Sep 29 @ 9 am IST
Dec 11/09 Balor Arts Centre Donegal, IE Sep 29 @ 9 am IST
Dec 12/09 The Nerve Centre Derry, IE Sep 29 @ 9 am IST
Dec 15/09 River Bank Arts Centre Kildare, IE Sep 29 @ 9 am IST
Dec 17/09 Dolans Warehouse Limerick, IE Sep 29 @ 9 am IST
Tickets are also on sale now for Lisa's headline dates at the RFH on November 23, Vicar Street on December 3, and support date with David Gray at The Paramount in Seattle on November 5. For details and ticket information on all of Lisa's upcoming gigs, be sure to visit the Engagements page.

LisaHannigan.ie
Old 09-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #97
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

fookin hell, I must have been too stalkerish and scared her away from doing a Belfast gig again. I'll drive to Derry and see her though

Actually scrap that, as it's standing I'll give her a chance to meet me here and if not I'll buy tickets later.

Last edited by Moves-My-World; 09-28-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Moves-My-World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:22 PM   #98
RonjaGirl
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
Home, Sweet Home

Lisa and the band will be returning to Ireland in December for a number of dates around the country. Leading up to the Irish tour, they'll be doing four dates in the UK as well. We're pleased to announce LisaHannigan.ie ticket presales for these shows, starting September 29. Log into your account just before the sale starts for your chance to buy tickets before anyone else.

If you're not a site member yet, you can become one right now. It costs nothing to join and we'll never share or sell your information to anyone. Just note that being signed up to the mailing list does not mean you have a membership account.

Ireland & UK Tour
Show Date Venue Location Presale Starts
Nov 22/09 The Waterfront Norwich Norwich, UK Sep 30 @ 9 am BST
Nov 24/09 Club Academy Manchester, UK Sep 30 @ 9 am BST
Nov 25/09 Academy 2 Birmingham, UK Sep 30 @ 9 am BST
Dec 6/09 INEC Acoustic Club Kilarney, IE Sep 29 @ 9 am IST
Dec 7/09 Glór Irish Music Centre Ennis, IE Sep 29 @ 9 am IST
Dec 11/09 Balor Arts Centre Donegal, IE Sep 29 @ 9 am IST
Dec 12/09 The Nerve Centre Derry, IE Sep 29 @ 9 am IST
Dec 15/09 River Bank Arts Centre Kildare, IE Sep 29 @ 9 am IST
Dec 17/09 Dolans Warehouse Limerick, IE Sep 29 @ 9 am IST
Tickets are also on sale now for Lisa's headline dates at the RFH on November 23, Vicar Street on December 3, and support date with David Gray at The Paramount in Seattle on November 5. For details and ticket information on all of Lisa's upcoming gigs, be sure to visit the Engagements page.

LisaHannigan.ie
No Galway date...but...but....

Lisa on Oct 3rd 2008!!
RonjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:10 PM   #99
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

IST

...and no Cork date either, but she's always here anyway
Old 10-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #100
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

Thanks for saving me petrol Lisa

It's the first time I've ever had to pick, having both ticket pre-sale info in my inbox from Damo and Lisa. Of course I picked the one with Belfast in the title, but it would be interesting if Damo's had said the same....

Having problems buying tickets with my card; Maestro is not being accepted apparently. Just kept clicking 'Confirm Order' so I've probably bought around 25 tickets for her... o well, she's worth it!

Last edited by Moves-My-World; 10-01-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #101
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^i knew you knew something that i was missing, lol.

Another date has been added to Lisa's Irish tour in December. She'll be playing at Mandela Hall in Belfast on December 18 and our ticket presale is on right now.

i´m glad for you
Old 10-22-2009, 11:56 PM   #102
RonjaGirl
Eskimo Regular

From LisaHannigan.ie:

Quote:
We're pleased to announce that Lisa has added three more dates to her Ireland tour later this year.

* December 8 at the Radisson Blu in Galway
* December 12 at Zinc Venue in Kildare
* And by popular demand, a second show has been added at Vicar Street in Dublin on December 20

Tickets for the Vicar Street show are available now, and the other two will be on sale in the next day or so. Keep checking the Engagements page for updates.
Yes!!! A Galway date!!!!

Lisa on Oct 3rd 2008!!
Old 11-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #103
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

Finally got my ticket yesterday, as well as reserving one of her majestic "Lisa Hannigan - Mandela Hall - 18th December" dice posters (the gig is in my students' union). Cannot wait.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #104
RonjaGirl
Eskimo Regular

Went to see Lisa last night in Galway. It was brilliant as always...!

Set List (was something like this...not in order)

Pistachio
Sea Song
Blurry
Ocean And A Rock
Passenger
Venn Diagram
I Don't Know
Courting Blues
Keep It All
A Sail (Brolly Beats)
The Lady Is A Tramp
Teeth
Lille

Blow The Wind Southerly
Braille
Personal Jesus

Lisa on Oct 3rd 2008!!

Last edited by RonjaGirl; 12-21-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #105
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Thanks for the vids Becci! Out of this new batch, Braille has to be my favorite <3
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #106
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

Watched her in Belfast last night

Ehhh well I got there at about seven, an hour before it opened, and you couldn't have guessed a concert was about to take place. Was first in the queue so was able to position myself directly under Lisa's microphone at the barrier.

The opening act, Tom out of "Our Little Secrets", was excellent. He had a very good stage presence dispite being abandoned on stage by the rest of his band and did a very good job of promotion. The crowd had yet to fill but those who were there also appeared to appreciate him.

Then Lisa

The set list which I nabbed at the end was as follows:

Pistachio
Sea song
Blurry
Ocean & a Rock
Passenger
Playground Love
Courting Blues
Venn Diagram
I Don't Know
A Sail (previously Brolly Beats)
Teeth
Lille
__
Blow the Wind Southerly
Keep it All
Personal Jebus
__

Emmm, talking points:

She was joined by a violinist, and although she was introduced about 3 times I didn't pick up her name. Gavin said that "she won a competition to play with the band - she was the tenth lucky caller."

I wanted to get one video and then just enjoy the concert - I was in the absolute premium position for it. So I decided to record the third song, it turned out to be Blurry. I remember reading on the site that Lisa's management didn't want any videos of new songs (I know Blurry is quite old, but it could still apply to this) so I set up the camera on the barrier, let her begin and though "oh sh*t". Then to make the feelings worse, she glanced at my camera twice during the song, aka put it away boyyyyyy. Anyway, long story short, I recorded the whole song and then the video didn't save so I just put my phone in my pocket, thought that's karma and enjoyed the rest of the gig. Thankfully marymac from the site got EXCELLENT recordings. (http://www.youtube.com/user/marymac82)

Passenger was absolutely delightful. Lisa took centre-stage under a blue spotlight while the rest of the band sat at the edge of the stage. The usually busy Mandela Hall (when it's +18 and there's a bar) hushed into an absolute silence for this song. Amazing.

The crowd seemed to enjoy I Don't Know, Lille and Personal Jebus/Jesus the best. There wasn't a great amount of singing along from what I could hear but for these there was. Lisa was very suprised that after about one line of Personal Jesus the whole of the crowd was singing with her. Teeth and Venn Diagram were my favourites, they were definately shivers down the spine moments.

Probably the highlight of the night was Keep it all. Before the song Lisa said she was intigued by a guy that had been whistling alot during the gig. Gavin then asked her to point him out and he'd "sort him out after." Lisa then revealed that she was unable to whistle and could only manage a "pathetic whistling noise", hilarious. She then dedicated the song to the guy and even improvised at a point, which is very worth watching on youtube

All in all, the best time I have seen her live. The band were in very high spirits and it transcended through the music. When we got to the end of Lille and the band moved towards the centre of the stage I wondered what was up. Then they joiuned and bowed and I thought "No way, that can't be time for the encore already." Time just flew and I could have stood idolising right up until Christmas. I honestly was like a kid in a sweet shop, I couldn't take my eyes off her. So Lisa, if you ever read this, I'm sorry for staring
Old 12-19-2009, 04:24 PM   #107
PMF88
Eskimo Friend

Thanks for the review. Good to see Playground Love in the set again, she does a great job with that one.
PMF88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:08 PM   #108
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i´m so glad you have a fantastic time, tim! thanks for the review and youtube link (thanks marymac for those vids that was fast!).

i bet whistling boy had their feet on the air at that moment
Old 12-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #109
marymac
Eskimo Regular

I'm fairly certain the violinist is Lucy Wilkins, although I have an equally poor memory for introductions. I think the lads were taking the proverbial with the competition thing. Herself and Gavin were hysterical with the duelling banjos thing they had going on for 'Keep It All', anyway.

Gavin calling Lisa 'Boss' was great too. As it should be. Ridiculous amount of love on that stage, and I've never ever heard the Mandela that quiet. She has some sort of fascination field, seriously.

I think I used up all my review powers raving about Swell Season on Tuesday, I have nothing coherent to add.

(I didn't know they didn't want us recording. Oh dear. Will wait and see if I get shouted at.)

[Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mary_ma...7623029158416/ ]

Last edited by marymac; 12-19-2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Added photo link
marymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #110
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

thanks for the reviews and pics and videos and everything
eva_arg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:43 PM   #111
RonjaGirl
Eskimo Regular

Lisa on Oct 3rd 2008!!
Old 12-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #112
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

I was just heading over here to post this - excited to see Cillian Murphy randomly in the crowd
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:12 AM   #113
verenita
... trusty and true ...

thanks becci. i really really like her cover of "my personal jessu", although i get a bit tired of the dulcimer.