The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 09-20-2006, 01:53 PM   #1
DRQuebec
Eskimo Regular

Default Wussy greek version of BD

Just fell on that again :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dEQf8IUuxjk

You guys ever seen this? This guy is singing his version of the Blower's Daughter in greek... this is completely awful. He even made a music video for it, looks like he's becoming a big star there, I don't know if he was before or if he became that big by singing someone else's song...

You must have seen it before, but I never heard of it here. Oh my god, this gay is faking having emotions while singing it, this is the worst lmao.
DRQuebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:41 PM   #2
cille
creepycute

yes, we hate it. and what about that cell phone he flashes every so often eh?

my (male) hairdresser loves that greek guy though, he was over excited that he was hosting the eurovision song contest this year

Last edited by cille; 09-20-2006 at 06:22 PM.
cille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:07 PM   #3
Falling Slowly
Falling Slowly

My god that was awful. It's so bad it could even be mistaken for some sort of take-off. His about-to-cry-im-so-overwhelmed-with-emotions act is laughable. He's got Greek pop-idol written all over him.
Falling Slowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:25 PM   #4
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

i had nearly blocked that from my mind

its the most cringeworthy thing ive ever seen. At no point does he captivate the song or give it any deeper meaning

cheese please

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:43 PM   #5
Rogue
Eskimo Baby

hmm ... wonder if damien's taken notice of what they've made of his music ... can't imagine he'd be happy about it ... attempt to making blower's daughter "radio-friendly" gone terribly wrong ... do you guys reckon the record company consulted damo before giving permission for this?
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:14 AM   #6
Ranting Thespian
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRQuebec
. . . Oh my god, this gay is faking having emotions while singing it, this is the worst lmao.
I am hoping you meant guy, instead of gay.
Ranting Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:08 AM   #7
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue
hmm ... wonder if damien's taken notice of what they've made of his music ... can't imagine he'd be happy about it ... attempt to making blower's daughter "radio-friendly" gone terribly wrong ... do you guys reckon the record company consulted damo before giving permission for this?
i've often wondered that myself.. he's supposed to have ultimate control over his music but stuff like this makes you wonder.. i doubt he would be happy about, unless he found it oddly amusing or something..
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:12 AM   #8
Rogue
Eskimo Baby

hmm.. maybe.. i remember an interview with him where he said this..

"You know, I sometimes think that if I made up a new name and put on a mask to do this, I could have a blast, I really do."

i guess we all know that he'd never sacrifice his style to draw more attention .. maybe he just gave his blessing to fathom, how far one of his songs would go, if it were produced in a more poppy/mainstream-friendly way ..
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:45 AM   #9
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

i remember that now, that's interesting.. so someone covering one of his songs kind of puts another 'face' on it so to speak.. hmm..

i don't think it's going to go very far with the greek guy though, but i heard the blower's daughter is really hot in brazil because people have covered it..
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote