Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 10-08-2003, 12:29 AM   #1
Burningman
Eskimo Friend

hes about to go on.

hell yes.

although this is a very big show here in the states.

no doubt he is going to own.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:38 AM   #2
shrimpboat
Eskimo Baby

VOLCANO W/ VOCAL DISTORTION ON END CHORUS

shrimpboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 12:40 AM   #3
Burningman
Eskimo Friend

yea um,

nothing short of amazing.

that distortion was just begging to continue for another couple of minutes.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:48 AM   #4
VolcanoLola
Eskimo Friend

brilliant! since hearing that song live esp. w/ the distortion it almost feels incomplete without a long jam session at the end...ah well it's tv. I love how Lisa just lurks in the background until it's her time to sing...she's so chill...it's great.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:26 AM   #5
WOODSTOCK
Eskimo Regular

long time lurker, but after watching tonight i had to post....leno was so awsome, i turned it on and i thought i had missed but the cd was sitting on the coffe cup....i turned the tv up

lisa was sitting on the stage, just chilling, waiting to sing, damon was playing the guitar, he had a little fohawk, like chris carraba, and just to add, that sh*t is hard to play, i have not been playing the guitar verylong, but im preety good for the couple months i have been playing, and playing three hours a day, his hands move pretty fast,

the distortion was really nice, nice change, and a bit of a rock out on it, to me it was the second best preformance i have seen on late night t.v., i like cold water better on carson, but thats probably because its my fav on the album

hes doing 2 shows within two hours of my house and i get to got both, which is a happy thought
Old 10-08-2003, 04:45 AM   #6
mierk
Eskimo Regular

Ahhhh crud, I totally forgot about this. Hope somebody tapedit and will be able to put it online. I've been spoiled being a DMB fan and knowing that absolutely anything and everything they do will beavailable for downloadin a couple days.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:10 AM   #7
brian
Eskimo Baby

For anyone with sky digital it's being shown in Ireland on the FTN channel-channel 269 at 10 o chloig tonight i do believe. It'll be mad to see Damo on one of thosemassive swankyAmerican shows...
brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:21 AM   #8
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

He got ripped on Leno on the other shows he got much more time... The show was so freakin borring they should have let him play atleast two songs don't you think? He rocked though, very cool....
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:22 AM   #9
Shoover
Eskimo Baby

i enjoyed it, but the performance seemed really rushed. and then leno and guests rushed over and leno spent more time talking to/up heraldo and damien was just standing there.
Shoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 10:01 AM   #10
ben_taylor
Eskimo Baby

no one plays 2 songs on leno, but if anyone deserves to, its damien

great peformance, cant wait for them to come back through CO

benEdited by: ben_taylor
ben_taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 10:02 AM   #11
administrator
forum administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
For anyone with sky digital it's being shown in Ireland on the FTN channel-channel 269 at 10 o chloig tonight i do believe. It'll be mad to see Damo on one of thosemassive swankyAmerican shows...

thanks

administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 10:14 AM   #12
cartman
Eskimo Regular

wooo thanks brian,

afaik its not 10 coz dilbert is on b4 hand just to raise the feeling as dilbert rocks

i tihnks it usually about 12
Old 10-08-2003, 10:20 AM   #13
jschau2
Eskimo Friend

Did anyone notice that Damo was wearing a Mic Christopher t-shirt??? It warmed my heart.
jschau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 12:32 PM   #14
The Kitten
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschau2
Did anyone notice that Damo was wearing a Mic Christopher t-shirt??? It warmed my heart.

Fair paly to Damien, MC was a bit of a genius too
Old 10-08-2003, 01:09 PM   #15
kavu478
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalogh
He got ripped on Leno on the other shows he got much more time... The show was so freakin borring they should have let him play atleast two songs don't you think? He rocked though, very cool....
yep...ditto on that one! Seriously, Damo was the only redeeming factor in an otherwise lame show. Leno's pathetic attempt at an Irish accent was embarassing! On behalf of the U.S., sorry.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:23 PM   #16
Shoover
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu478
Leno's pathetic attempt at an Irish accent was embarassing! On behalf of the U.S., sorry.
i was cringing!! and he did it not once, but several times. it was like watching a lucky charms commercial or some such crap.
Shoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 02:29 PM   #17
Angela
Eskimo Regular

I turned ity on in te last minute (almost missed it [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]), so I wasn't exposed to Leno's attempts at speaking with an Irish accent. Just managed to throw in a tape and off we went!

Sometimes I start wondering how many more times I'll be able to listen to Vulcano without tiring of it! [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 02:30 PM   #18
farwellbooth
Eskimo Friend

Really good show. I thought he was going to get bumped they played so late etc. with Schwarzenegger Geraldo etc. on the show. Too bad they hardly ever/never panned over the drummer.
farwellbooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 03:26 PM   #19
arrow
Eskimo Baby

Jay Leno has never been a fav of mine. Prefer David Letterman. It was apparent Leno had no appreciation or understanding of who Damien is. Throughout the show, prior to the commercial breaks, he muttered out who would be performning as though he had a mouth full of mush. He rushed past the referencewithout any focus or excitement. Understandably with the whole announcement of Arnold's Governorship came thedelayed programing ofall major networks, I still couldn't help think...poor Damien, the performance was forced to be rushed and no great attention was directed to him. It was awkward. F----in Leno. The F---in network!
arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 03:48 PM   #20
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

Hey I feel the same way I actually wrote a letter of complaint you guy's can copy this link here http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_S...Leno/feedback/ and write a letter also...
Old 10-08-2003, 04:11 PM   #21
ben_taylor
Eskimo Baby

you are seriously complaining??? about what!? a stupid attempt at an accent?? who gives a damn...i think its a great thing that such a talented group of musicians got on in the first place and got to spread their music to others over a very popular late night TV show here in the states....to COMPLAIN about anything is looking a gift horse in the mouth

*edit* ok i read the couple of posts above mine, and even though they rushed through a song and didnt get enough props in your mind...not everyone thinks the same of damien and his music, its a musical artist, and i have NEVER seen jay treat any artist that i enjoy "better" than the rest....who cares, damien got to play and id rather see him play on that show than the majority of other acts out there

benEdited by: ben_taylor
ben_taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 04:28 PM   #22
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

Its called Feedback.. That's what I did. I gave my opinion..Edited by: jbalogh
Old 10-08-2003, 05:15 PM   #23
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Who cares. He was on, they occupied a lot of real estate in the studio and every Amerian has seen Geraldo billions of times and pays no attention. [img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]

All is well.

Jay Leno is the most *mainstream* late night talk show we have. Otherwise Conan rules. Letterman was good ten years ago. I.M.H.O. [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 07:46 PM   #24
farwellbooth
Eskimo Friend

I saw Damien a week ago in a tiny theatre, probably less than 1000 people. How in the world would you expect him to know who Damien is? I'm really grateful he was even on NBC. You should be thanking NBC for having him. Sure Jay sucks, I just watched Dave until Damo came on.

Craig Kilborne is the man.

farwellbooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 08:19 PM   #25
arrow
Eskimo Baby

Hey Ben, would have rathered not seen Damien on Leno at all. Not in that context anyway.A live interview would have been much more enlighting/interesting. And Angella, Leno is the most *mainstream* late night talk show? What the hell is that? Since when did Damien become orwant to be *mainstream*?About Geraldo, people try not to pay attention to Geraldo because it's Geraldo! He's annoying. He is persistance and hisstupid behavior makes it impossible not to pay attention to him. He gets noticed. How sad that he is even mentioned in the same discussion as Damien. The purist and who?
arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 08:30 PM   #26
bennyhuggel
Eskimo Regular

none of these late night shows can mess with The Harald Schmitt show (the probly best late night show)

conan sucks
and Leno sucks even more
saw them a few times and they're boring
bennyhuggel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 08:45 PM   #27
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

i thought damiens performance was great on Leno... he even got on the distorted mic and gave it some... not showing Tomo was hillarious! i was waiting for his cheeky little grin but the cameraman obviously isnt a fan! Leno is a prat but who cares as long as his show has good musicians... and i only heard his irish accent once and it was enough to through me off[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote