Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 01-04-2007, 04:19 AM   #1
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Default "Get This Party Started?" :o

I just looked on iTunes and it has a version of "Get This Party Started" by Damien Rice and Lisa Hannigan.... i bought it of course and its quite comical to see how Lisa and Damien made this song their own with an alternative/indie twist. Its pretty much all Lisa singing but Damo echoes her in a bit of it.

Did they have to do this, because it is so random for them to do such a dumb song... However as always they made it pretty damn good for the crap of a song it is...

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:22 AM   #2
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

They did it for the album "even better than the real thing"
All the tracks are covers done in Today fm's studio by various artists. And all proceeds go towards the national childrens hospital in tallaght.

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenBledsoe
I just looked on iTunes and it has a version of "Get This Party Started" by Damien Rice and Lisa Hannigan.... i bought it of course and its quite comical to see how Lisa and Damien made this song their own with an alternative/indie twist. Its pretty much all Lisa singing but Damo echoes her in a bit of it.

Did they have to do this, because it is so random for them to do such a dumb song... However as always they made it pretty damn good for the crap of a song it is...
Ms. Moore is quite a brilliant lil' pop artist actually, if you've only heard the singles, you might be surprised by her versatility. Her first album especially showed some extraordinary vocal soulfulness. While certainly a very unexpected take on so uptempo a number, this ultra bluesy version really isn't too far out of keeping with some of that early stuff Pink was doing before she shifted from being an R&B artist so I wouldn't be surprised at all to find Lisa was a fan of it.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
cille
creepycute

Pink is actually a pretty crafted singstress, although I haven't heard any of the earlier stuff you mention, spammy (I wish I could call you something else but forgot your off screen name )
Can you suggest some titles to listen to?

Lauren, The 'Even better than the real thing' CD's are actually quite cool and well worth a listen or two. The Frames and Bell X1 are also doing some nifty covers on there.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #5
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Have Damien & Lisa ever played it live in concert??
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #6
cestoz
Eskimo Regular

Unhappy

oh no, the most awful thing has happened... i thought about the original version, and the tuine etc, and now i cant get it out my head, i will have to buy the damien lisa version now to cleanse myself.... but for now, take pity on me, and dont let it happen to you!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:57 PM   #7
Bumpman

Never, and my money says they never will either. There's lots of stuff that they've done that they've never played though.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:05 PM   #8
dmbarbie69
Eskimo Friend

i think its kinda funny they did that but like ya'll said it was for a good reason
dmbarbie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:21 PM   #9
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille
Pink is actually a pretty crafted singstress, although I haven't heard any of the earlier stuff you mention, spammy (I wish I could call you something else but forgot your off screen name )
Can you suggest some titles to listen to?
Happy to:

Her debut LP "Can't Take Me Home" is mainly dance-oriented very catchy R&B but there are also a couple of ballads with the definite whoa!!! showcase being the elegantly sung "Stop Falling". On her extraordinary second album "Missundztood" (the one which featured 'Party') there are two more especially fantastic ones "Eventually" and "Gone to California" as well as a blues piano duet with Aerosmith's Steven Tyler called "Misery".

She's also got a breathtaking, nearly a cappella 'letter' to Bush on her brand new album which you can see a gut wrenching fanmade video of at YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCQaOJh_maU

It's Doug, btw, Cilly con Carne.