filledanse
Eskimo Regular

Terriman,
merci beaucoup")
filledanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #122
rhpot1991
Eskimo Friend

I haven't seen it mentioned here so I need to ask: Is this DVD PAL or NTSC? PAL to NTSC conversions have not faired well for me in the past, and I would like to know before I download.

Thanks.
rhpot1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:02 PM   #123
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhpot1991
I haven't seen it mentioned here so I need to ask: Is this DVD PAL or NTSC? PAL to NTSC conversions have not faired well for me in the past, and I would like to know before I download.

Thanks.
It's PAL
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:05 PM   #124
rhpot1991
Eskimo Friend

I figured so. I have 2 other damo DVD's both in PAL. Converting them normally ended up with my video and audio being out of synch or skipping. Anyone have any luck converting PAL to NTSC ever?
Old 08-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #125
golnazv86
Eskimo Friend

Thank you so much Mirjam, mattministrator, and dawno for all your help. I was able to fix the problem and now it works! dawno was right, i was burning it as a data disk...silly me! oh well now i know how to use my computer's DVD burning software!

Thanks again, you guy are the best!
golnazv86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:00 PM   #126
mattministrator
Eskimo Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by golnazv86
Thank you so much Mirjam, mattministrator, and dawno for all your help. I was able to fix the problem and now it works! dawno was right, i was burning it as a data disk...silly me! oh well now i know how to use my computer's DVD burning software!

It flatters me you've mentioned me, but the honour belongs to dawno. Anyhoo, I'm glad it's working for you now!

@rhpot1991: Which 2 other DVDs are those that you're referring to? And where to get them? I'd be mighty interested..
mattministrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:12 PM   #127
rhpot1991
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattministrator
@rhpot1991: Which 2 other DVDs are those that you're referring to? And where to get them? I'd be mighty interested..
They were of Damien TV appearances, I got them from dime long ago, they aren't on there any longer. I can check and see if I still have them (may have been deleted in a fit of rage when they wouldn't play properly for me)
Old 08-08-2007, 07:50 PM   #128
mattministrator
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhpot1991
They were of Damien TV appearances, I got them from dime long ago, they aren't on there any longer. I can check and see if I still have them (may have been deleted in a fit of rage when they wouldn't play properly for me)
That would be great, cheers.
mattministrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:46 AM   #129
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattministrator
It flatters me you've mentioned me, but the honour belongs to dawno. Anyhoo, I'm glad it's working for you now!
BAH! No honour at all... I'm always happy to help if possible.

I'm glad that golnazv86 is now able to watch the dvd, and if my post helped anyone else, that's wonderful... my good deed for the day
Old 08-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #130
Mirjam
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by golnazv86

You're welcome :-) Glad it worked out for you!
Mirjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 06:33 PM   #131
bjmo11
Eskimo Regular

anyone know why the dvd works on the computer and not the dvd player with my tv? ive tried it on a ton of them. and i dont really know how to burn another copy of the dvd or anything? can anyone help at all?
Old 08-11-2007, 06:34 PM   #132
bjmo11
Eskimo Regular

and also when i put it on my dvd players it either says " not ntsc". or it says play feature may not be available on this disc? when i checked the dvd on here it says its pal. but im not sure how to change it or know if i want too? im very confused.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #133
Terriman
Eskimo Seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmo11
and also when i put it on my dvd players it either says " not ntsc". or it says play feature may not be available on this disc? when i checked the dvd on here it says its pal. but im not sure how to change it or know if i want too? im very confused.
You CAN'T change it. If you live on the States or you have a NTSC system it's impossible to watch it in your system, only on you PC.

Sorry.
Terriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:59 PM   #134
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

some US systems will play both, i had a DVD sent from the UK in NTSC format and it played fine on my player

thanks again for the upload, terriman! i helped seed for a week and have been enjoying the DVD very much. you did a really fine job with the camera work, it's not easy getting a good audience recording like that, it looked professional in parts. so thanks again!
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #135
Terriman
Eskimo Seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
it looked professional in parts. so thanks again!
That's because i'm a pro, but don't tell nobody

Oh, and by the way... in UK they use PAL, not NTSC.
Terriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:42 PM   #136
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terriman
You CAN'T change it. If you live on the States or you have a NTSC system it's impossible to watch it in your system, only on you PC.

Sorry.

it is possible to convert pal to ntsc, but it's very time consuming and often the result is slightly out of sync (audio / video)

that said... i've successfully converted short clips using nero

but, the best choice is to go to best buy or circuit city, and buy a cheap dvd player (korean manufactured ones usually are best) that support pal dvd's

i have 2 high end dvd players, but neither will play the multitude of (pal format) bootleg concert dvd's i own... i spent somewhere between $29 and $39 USD on a 'cyberhome' brand dvd player as a christmas gift to myself two years ago... and can now watch every single pal dvd i own (and that is QUITE a few :-) )

edit: oh btw - when you go to the store - bring along one of your pal dvd's to check that it plays in the machine you intend to buy - much easier than getting it home, setting it up, realising it doesn't work and then having to return it.

Last edited by dawno; 08-11-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:20 AM   #137
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawno
i have 2 high end dvd players, but neither will play the multitude of (pal format) bootleg concert dvd's i own... i spent somewhere between $29 and $39 USD on a 'cyberhome' brand dvd player as a christmas gift to myself two years ago... and can now watch every single pal dvd i own (and that is QUITE a few :-) )
so true, the cheapest the dvd player, the less restrictions it's gonna have
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:29 AM   #138
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

that must be why i never have a problem, i only ever buy the cheap ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terriman
That's because i'm a pro, but don't tell nobody

Oh, and by the way... in UK they use PAL, not NTSC.
you're right, i accidentally switched them around

i should have known you were professional it was so well done, but don't worry i won't tell a soul
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:32 AM   #139
bjmo11
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawno
it is possible to convert pal to ntsc, but it's very time consuming and often the result is slightly out of sync (audio / video)

that said... i've successfully converted short clips using nero

but, the best choice is to go to best buy or circuit city, and buy a cheap dvd player (korean manufactured ones usually are best) that support pal dvd's

edit: oh btw - when you go to the store - bring along one of your pal dvd's to check that it plays in the machine you intend to buy - much easier than getting it home, setting it up, realising it doesn't work and then having to return it.

thats what marti said he was like it works on my cheap ass DVD player, so apperantly i need to go get a cheap one, and bringing the DVD with me is deff a good idea, but i bet the people who work there will probably get pissed if i put some random concert DVD in. so when i go in i need to be like i need a DVD player that plays "pal" format. right? thats my only problem? cause one player i have says NOT NTSC, and all the others ones say "Playback feature may not be available on this disc."

anyways you guys have been helpful.
as long as i dont have to order a DVD player from europe.i think i'll be alright.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:26 PM   #140
got_edge
Funkmaster MKicks

Has the seeding stopped?
got_edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:45 PM   #141
RonjaGirl
Eskimo Regular

I guess it didn't stop, but there not very many Seeders. I'm trying to download since monday and I'm only at 17%. It is really slow.I t would be nice if people could start seeding again. It would be much appreacheated, because I would love to have the DVD and I guess some others want it too...

Lisa on Oct 3rd 2008!!
RonjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:00 PM   #142
got_edge
Funkmaster MKicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonjaGirl
I guess it didn't stop, but there not very many Seeders. I'm trying to download since monday and I'm only at 17%. It is really slow.I t would be nice if people could start seeding again. It would be much appreciated, because I would love to have the DVD and I guess some others want it too...
I've been leaving my computer running overnight for the past few days and I get nothing.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:30 PM   #143
RonjaGirl
Eskimo Regular

I'm at almost 20% now, but that's like three percent during the last (almost) 5 hours...

Lisa on Oct 3rd 2008!!
Old 08-15-2007, 11:34 PM   #144
thismachinekillstheenemy
empty thoughts

okay i feel guilty people arent able to download it so i guess ill start seeding it wen i can. I just can't sleep at night with the computer on humming away!!

Last edited by thismachinekillstheenemy; 08-15-2007 at 11:41 PM.
thismachinekillstheenemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:36 AM   #145
SoCal
Eskimo Pie

This sucks ass. I can't download it. I'll try again later.....

Thanks for putting this up though! I agree....You're now Eskimo of the month!
Old 08-16-2007, 02:44 AM   #146
Scrunch
Eskimo Baby

I'll help seed again. You guys are going to love it. It is definitely worth the wait.

This talk of converting from PAL to NTSC reminded me that I've seen articles about how you can enter some sort of secret code on the remotes of some DVD players that will enable the playing of both DVD formats. I don't know much about it, but it might be worth a Googling.
Scrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:28 AM   #147
SoCal
Eskimo Pie

WAHOO!!!! It's downloading! Estimated download time 2 days, but who cares! For some reason the program I was first using to download it wasn't doing it, so I switched programs and that did it!
Old 08-16-2007, 05:13 AM   #148
SoCal
Eskimo Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal
WAHOO!!!! It's downloading! Estimated download time 2 days, but who cares! For some reason the program I was first using to download it wasn't doing it, so I switched programs and that did it!

I take that back. I stopped at about 2% and I got an error message. I WILL FIGURE IT OUT!
Old 08-16-2007, 03:12 PM   #149
got_edge
Funkmaster MKicks

Thanks so much seeding again, guys! I see some movement with the file now. I figure I'll have it in a couple of days and I'll continue seeding so that others may download in the future.

Thanks again
Old 08-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #150
RonjaGirl
Eskimo Regular

My Internet isn't working anymore!!!
I woke up this morning and the internet wasn't working, so I called our company and they don't really know whats wrong with it , but they are going to check it and say that we sould have internet in about two or three days...
So I can't continue downloading and it was already 20% ...
Hope you all can continue seeding, when I'm able to download again, that would be awesome...
Thanks to all seeders!!

Lisa on Oct 3rd 2008!!