Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > www.EskimoFriends.com > Eskimo Friends Shop

Old 01-12-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
cmigliaccio
Eskimo Regular

Default American Apparel

Would it be possible to see some men's American Apparel shirts in the US shop? I like those 9 shirts, but I'm not a real fan of the Hanes t-shirts.
cmigliaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:53 PM   #2
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Hmm... I didn't look at brands... I'll see what I can do.

Okay, I've added an American Apparel '9' shirt for you.

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

So was that one okay for you?

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
cmigliaccio
Eskimo Regular

Yes, many thanks.
cmigliaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:20 AM   #5
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

could you possibly add any ladies American Apparel? sorry, but I just love AA sooooo comfy!

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #6
smartbrian
Eskimo Baby

Default American Apparel and my point of view..

Reasonable Prizes, decent quality and last but not least: A safe sleep.

When I first heard of American Apparel I was quite sure that this is some kind of marketing gag and that the clothes there were nothing but expensive and reserved for tree-huggers only.

But when I left for college and moved in a house with several “greenies” as you may call them. I was quite surprised. Not only did they not wear sack-like clothing but they were all quite preppy and well dressed.
They had lunch at fancy organic restaurants and were all about fair trade and trying to make the world a better place.

After a short time their lifestyle began to rub off on me in some ways.
I’m still not vegan and I don’t always eat organic food, but as far as clothing is concerned I became so much more aware of the importance of fair trade.

For instance, I avoid wearing clothes which are obviously not produced under fair circumstances for their pricing is far too suspicious. This does not mean that I’m buying expensive clothes only but I would say that I stick with American Apparel and sometimes Fruit of the Loom in almost all respecters of fashion.
If I do not buy fair trade products, I try at least to buy high quality clothes of which I am sure to have them for a long time.

This way I can ensure to be part of a target group that is interested in high quality and not in low pricing only.
I also understand people who are saying that they don’t want to wear unmodern , expensive clothes, but in the recent months evolved so many American Apparel stores who offer really cool new designs, so that this should not be an issue anymore.

On the American Apparel site for instance there are a lot of basic tees , everything rather plain and with plausible simplicity – but for those who like it less plain there are nowadays on-line stores like www.Fugoshop.com where you find new innovative street style and classy designs. I personally favour a rather glamorous style so this is where I get my fancy casual wear.
I think that people need to find a balance between price-dumping and their want for quality, not forgetting to mention the good they do by buying fair trade products.

This is it from me, Keep in mind that we can make this world a better place little by little and each day a little more.You rock!

Brian
smartbrian is offline   Reply With Quote