Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 06-19-2015, 07:01 PM   #1
cookienator
Eskimo Friend

Default Pittsburgh

Did anyone go to the Pittsburgh show? I see he finally did accidental babies!! I'm curious if it was on piano or guitar.
cookienator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:13 PM   #2
mikerennie
Eskimo Regular

I think we need to start a Damien Rice street team and start recruiting members from around the world to report in on concerts.
mikerennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:35 PM   #3
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

once upon a time there was this cool dude named emmett...........

and then our man when on hiatus
davidcotyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:01 PM   #4
verenita
... trusty and true ...

well... emmett is in ireland, so i don´t think he would know
Old 06-19-2015, 10:03 PM   #5
cookienator
Eskimo Friend

I would be more than happy to become an official correspondent. Accepting donations for all future concert expenditures
cookienator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #6
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

If he did accidental babies sure it was on guitar, hes done it before
No piano on stage this tour

Last edited by borneoman; 06-20-2015 at 09:34 AM.
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:34 AM   #7
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

from setlistfm

Cannonball
Colour me in
9 crimes
Bastard
Older chests
Change you
Trusty and true
Accidental babies
The box
I remember
Long long way
Volcano

The blowers daughter
It takes a lot

Looks like a great setlist to me
Old 06-20-2015, 09:45 AM   #8
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Many youtubes but no Acc Babies yet

Looks like he did the 15 min version of It Takes a Lot
introduced as a song about finding the differences between a penis and a vagina
LOL
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H1trzcJXlFo
Old 06-20-2015, 10:02 AM   #9
glo32
Eskimo Regular

great that he played Accidental Babies! It's been too long
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 03:51 PM   #10
DesoleInBoston
Eskimo Regular

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/music...s/201506200025
DesoleInBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:59 PM   #11
Sheslin
Eskimo Baby

It was a great show and a nice surprise to hear Accidental Babies. Great crowd - great sound - cool venue. Trusty and True was amazing. I was glad he sang Older Chests.
Sheslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:46 PM   #12
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Was Acc babies a request??
Old 06-21-2015, 01:52 AM   #13
InspirationDestination
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerennie View Post
I think we need to start a Damien Rice street team and start recruiting members from around the world to report in on concerts.
I signed up for the OLD street team and introduced him to so many people in grad school. No one stuck in with me.

Glad Emmett and Wheels keeps this place running for the diehards.

Next US tour, I say we rent our own tour bus and follow him around. Not weird at all and who needs to work anyway.

Last edited by InspirationDestination; 06-21-2015 at 02:03 AM.
InspirationDestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 01:53 PM   #14
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Sad to say that, but forums seem to be too obsolete these days and it's hard to have new members that specifically sign up to report from gigs.
I have been through the same with the ninecrimes website and things got really better when we opened a facebook group. It's sad that these days all comes up to facebook and social network but, facing reality, that's where all the people hang out now and that's where they post photos, videos and reviews of the things they experience...

Not sure if the street teams are still a thing... They worked maybe ten years ago but now, I think we should simply have a better presence on social network, to engage more people.
Just to stick with the example above - the ninecrimes facebook group (which is private but everyone can request the access) has many people writing now. In the forum it's still very few of us that can't let go.
It's sad to say that because I love forums. Nothing is as organized and user-friendly as in forums. And that's where true friendships get born. I met a lot of people in forums throughout the years and I consider many of them my friends. I don't think that's the case with social networks... But we live in a time where people want notifications to tell them what's happening, they want hashtags etc.

And yes, it's great that the diehards are still on here. I love this forum, and loved how it was filled with people and comments around 2004-2007. I loved the internet much more then

sorry for the banter!
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:26 PM   #15
Sheslin
Eskimo Baby

He mentioned before he started Accidental Babies that it had been requested but it was not like people were shouting out requests - at least not that I could hear. The guitar version was great.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:30 PM   #16
Sheslin
Eskimo Baby

Review...http://www.timesonline.com/columnist...2834d94cd.html
Old 06-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #17
mikerennie
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheslin View Post
"The question now is do I put him before or after Sheeran?" - is this writer kidding me with this? I like Sheeran but come on, he's a little baby compared to Damien.

Glo32. Spot on about social Media ruining things. I too have met and made great fans/friends on this discussion board. Probably more so than I would on Facebook.
mikerennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:07 PM   #18
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
Sad to say that, but forums seem to be too obsolete these days and it's hard to have new members that specifically sign up to report from gigs.
I have been through the same with the ninecrimes website and things got really better when we opened a facebook group. It's sad that these days all comes up to facebook and social network but, facing reality, that's where all the people hang out now and that's where they post photos, videos and reviews of the things they experience...

Not sure if the street teams are still a thing... They worked maybe ten years ago but now, I think we should simply have a better presence on social network, to engage more people.
Just to stick with the example above - the ninecrimes facebook group (which is private but everyone can request the access) has many people writing now. In the forum it's still very few of us that can't let go.
It's sad to say that because I love forums. Nothing is as organized and user-friendly as in forums. And that's where true friendships get born. I met a lot of people in forums throughout the years and I consider many of them my friends. I don't think that's the case with social networks... But we live in a time where people want notifications to tell them what's happening, they want hashtags etc.

And yes, it's great that the diehards are still on here. I love this forum, and loved how it was filled with people and comments around 2004-2007. I loved the internet much more then

sorry for the banter!
what she said......you were always far more eloquent lol
davidcotyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:07 PM   #19
damien lisa
am i breaking u

cheese, i was once check out sheeran stuff, really wasted time
Old 06-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #20
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post

sorry for the banter!
i think i´d be redundant if i said how much i love this place (my "most of nonsense" posts speak for themselves ) and how grateful i am to emm and to wheels for keeping it running and looking after it, although they don´t post ofter anymore... and to everybody who stops by to share whatever. i would be a complete outcast if it wasn´t for the igloo and the lovely eskimo friends, as i´m (proudly) not on any of the social media network.

back to the set list, glad to hear accidental babies is back