Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 06-02-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
Ithilsul
Eskimo Baby

Default Damien Unreleased etc... hmm

So it's no big secret that Damien has tons of songs that can only be heard live, and many of those unreleased songs i think are the best ones. I'm wondering if he keeps studio recordings of songs like Face, Lonely Soldier, Bottom Shelf, etc, and if he does... will they ever be released or leaked? Wondering this because after Elliott Smith died they went and found all of his unreleased music, makes me wonder what else Damien has that he hasn't revealed.

I reallllly want another b-sides cd full of some of these songs... sometimes live records just don't cut it (with all the crowd noise and all.)

Since I guess he's working on that "green" CD he must have some new songs looming about, anyone notice him playing any new stuff that could be from it at recent live shows?

Ah I'm addicted.
Ithilsul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

A studio version of Lonely Soldier was released in 2004.
how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Closing_Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #3
Ithilsul
Eskimo Baby

!

I remember hearing a version taken from the BBC session video, if thats the one you mean, but i'll look into this... thanks!
Old 06-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #4
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

No, it was released for charity in June 2004. It's mentioned on the official site.
how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Closing_Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #5
Bumpman

Face was released too.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
Face was released too.
As Juniper though, right?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:14 AM   #7
FightthegdFight
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithilsul
I'm wondering if he keeps studio recordings of songs like Face, Lonely Soldier, Bottom Shelf, etc, and if he does... will they ever be released or leaked?
It's a very real possibility with Damien since he uses a studio set up in his home. In that sense, unlike a mainstream band that has to pay for studio time, he can record when ever he wants without too much effort.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #8
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightthegdFight
It's a very real possibility with Damien since he uses a studio set up in his home. In that sense, unlike a mainstream band that has to pay for studio time, he can record when ever he wants without too much effort.
Didn't someone (I think Spamlet) say Damien said he recorded It Didn't Take You Long?
Rue Saint-Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:02 AM   #9
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rue Saint-Denis
Didn't someone (I think Spamlet) say Damien said he recorded It Didn't Take You Long?
Yup, he told me that following the Hiro gig. It was during the "9" sessions but he also said (much like how he explained it in the EPK) that it didn't come out right since they weren't really in the "angry album 2" space. Witness the relatively tame studio versions of intensely angry live fare like "Rootless" and "Elephant" and I'd say he made the correct decision to wait til he truly feels it again.

Consider that particular session scrapped but I wouldn't rule it out at all to be recorded when he inevitably goes back into a bitter place (it's about 8 years ago-amazing how you hold on)

Hey E in the R,
Forgive me if I've asked this of you prior, but where you, by chance, at the legendary Odeon show back in '04?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #10
Ithilsul
Eskimo Baby

Well I must get ahold of this Face recording... some how. He didn't actually record O or 9 at home, did he? I also wonder how he ended up with lisa and vyvienne... i wonder alot, though.