Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-06-2003, 04:39 PM   #1
star
Eskimo Baby

Hey everyone!

Don't miss out on the KCRW show at the Universal Amphitheatre on NOv. 22. you can purchase your tickets at Ticket Master or at Universal!! This show is going to be a blast so get ready to take off to outerspace with BEck, Damien Rice, Jurassic 5!!!
Old 11-06-2003, 04:42 PM   #2
tj
Phono Vox

Awww I'd love to go to that! [img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 01:19 PM   #3
semilit
Eskimo Friend

I'm going. I love J5 and Gary Jules too. Actually, the whole lineup is pretty good. I just saw Beck at the Elliott Smith tribute but Polyphonic Spree will be great to see again. Liz Phair just got added to the lineup too. Anyone going to the after-party with the artists? You have to be a KCRW angel gold member, which I am...
Old 11-10-2003, 01:43 PM   #4
kristine
Eskimo Regular

wowowowow!!I soooo wish I'd known about this earlier...I'd LOVE to see that show! I don't know about a cross-country impulsive concert, though...

for those that are going, let us know how it was! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
kristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 02:56 PM   #5
semilit
Eskimo Friend

Didn't see another thread on this show so I thought I'd just post a little something on it. It's been awhile since the show but there are plenty of reviews about it...

http://www.nme.com/news/106832.htm

http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=215673

Damo went on right after a very energetic set from J5 (I'm a longtime fan of theirs)and Beck. Pretty much the standard set of tunes with no new ones of note (Delicate, Volcano, Cold Water, Woman like a Man, Blower's Daughter, Cannonball, I Remember). Lisa did play a little electricguitar part on Cannonball. Also, hereally grateful to KCRW and its listeners, which was cool. Damien was really the headliner as many people seemed to leave right after his set, although Polyphonic Spree was great. I'm hoping next time he comes to town he plays the El Rey Theatre again or, better yet, Royce Hall (since I go to UCLA). The El Rey Theatre show was the best one he did in LA this year and I went to them all. Also, one of these days, Lisa should get a solo likeVyvienneoccassionaly gets.Really great show altogether and Shelby Lynne (a surprise addition to the show) was amazing.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:28 PM   #6
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

Did you go to the after party and meet the band[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Thanks for the info.. Cheers

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 06:57 PM   #7
The Weatherman
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by semilit
I just saw Beck at the Elliott Smith tribute
wow you got to go to that??
what was it like??
Old 12-01-2003, 04:35 PM   #8
semilit
Eskimo Friend

I did go to the after-party but didn't talk to any of the band. I don't think they stayed very long. I'm not very much into the meet-and-greet thing anyway. We just went to hear Felix Da Housecat and Cut Chemist spin and get free drinks I believe there was another after-after-party as well at The Standard. Anyway, it was a good show.

I did go to the Elliott Smith tribute and it was a really emotional night for everyone, especially when Tito Larriva sang an untitled song that he heard Elliott sing the night before his death. Beck was good but Rilo Kiley and Papa M stole the show, IMO. The whole thing was recorded for a live tribute CD. Hopefully it will be unedited.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:57 PM   #9
The Weatherman
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by semilit

I did go to the Elliott Smith tribute and it was a really emotional night for everyone, especially when Tito Larriva sang an untitled song that he heard Elliott sing the night before his death. Beck was good but Rilo Kiley and Papa M stole the show, IMO. The whole thing was recorded for a live tribute CD. Hopefully it will be unedited.
Tito Larriva singing must have been emotional alright.
i know 'papa m' from a domino records compilation.

yeah i hear what you're saying about the cd. it should just be left untouched i think.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:36 PM   #10
semilit
Eskimo Friend

Oh, by the way, there are pics from the KCRW show at http://www.wireimage.com/along with some photos from other events. Just do a search for him or click here.