Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 04-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #31
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

huh I must have missed that english class..........I did catch star but staring is capiche so still not following - I thought I explained the gray matter is in neutral today?!
davidcotyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #32
Rai
Eskimontologist

^Then sadly I cannot help you. Subtle cross-cultural phonetics nazism only works for the clear-headed.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #33
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

I had some coffee but apparently not enough - I am impressed though at your fondness for the bubbly - how some notion of nazism was introduced befuddles my shallow gringo brain so I guess we do leave it at that.

Notwithstanding this little foray into phonetics and the ability to spell exceedingly expensive brands of champagne, I still think his hanging with crowds as mentioned above puts him dangerously close to getting labled as a putz.

Last edited by davidcotyalex; 04-29-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:28 AM   #34
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotyalex View Post
I had some coffee but apparently not enough - I am impressed though at your fondness for the bubbly - how some notion of nazism was introduced befuddles my shallow gringo brain so I guess we do leave it at that.

Notwithstanding this little foray into phonetics and the ability to spell exceedingly expensive brands of champagne, I still think his hanging with crowds as mentioned above puts him dangerously close to getting labled as a putz.
only putzes call other people putzes. whats the matter, did your forum get trashed again? what's this, twice or three times now damien's management saw fit to completely erase all of your blatherings? that's too bad, really. but i can safely say you're not welcome here. you're the biggest jerk over there on the official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srahman24 View Post
Hmmm... wasn't sure this was worthy of a new thread but... I found him!

He's been partying with Salma Hayek - he was invited to her wedding!
don't know if this was covered already but..

About 150 friends and family members were in attendance, including Penélope Cruz, Edward Norton, Woody Harrelson, Olivier Martinez, Luis Miguel, Ashley Judd, Charlize Theron, Stuart Townsend, Bono, Gael García Bernal, Enrique Murciano, David Blaine, Ziyi Zhang, Anna Wintour and former French President Jacques Chirac. The wedding was a black tie affair. Guests wore black and gold masks as they arrived for the nuptials.

http://www.people.com/people/article...274705,00.html

the mask thing sounds kind of freaky, no?
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:05 AM   #35
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

I think it worked in a weird way considering there were paparazzi everywhere, not to mention tourists -- http://www.popsugar.com/3076038
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:29 AM   #36
Rai
Eskimontologist

^^ Jacques Chirac??????? That is just wrong.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #37
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

I don't see why Damien hanging out with famous people would be a problem . . . first of all, he is famous himself (why else would his name be mentioned in the article?) and secondly, I don't see how hanging out with famous people is going to hurt or change Damien. How is going to a friend's wedding a bad thing?
bearbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:46 AM   #38
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

^I think we're all just jealous he isn't hanging out with us.

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:43 AM   #39
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight View Post
only putzes call other people putzes. whats the matter, did your forum get trashed again? what's this, twice or three times now damien's management saw fit to completely erase all of your blatherings? that's too bad, really. but i can safely say you're not welcome here. you're the biggest jerk over there on the official.

Huh such venom - I must complement you though for side-stepping Wheels rule that it isn't nice to be not nice.............of course had you spent much time on the other board you would know that I couldn't give a rats *** as to what "you" think of me - I tell it like I see it which is a heck of a lot more than I can say for most - of course if memory serves correct you have been gunning for me since I had the audacity to disagree with you on the viability of ticket brokers like two plus years ago..................and thanks for the welcome!!

Nice to see aside from yourself some found the concept at least thought provoking enough to comment - yes hanging with Chirac is wrong as is the mentality that invades the soul once you go down that path.........while sure I can appreciate the romanticism of the evening my only point was where does that leave our lonely searching dude in his own space? Of course one evening does not make the character and of course he is famous - my point was that LA, Sundance and now this suggest it is a little something more - and trust me you start hanging with crowds like that and your view of life changes - and most always not for the good..............

To me this wreaks of James Blunt-itis but what the heck I do I know as I am just a "jerk!"

And thanks as that makes me chuckle..............

Last edited by davidcotyalex; 05-02-2009 at 03:48 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:53 AM   #40
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

David, I don't think Damien is at risk of becoming an elitist. From interviews, he seems to really be down-to-earth, and most of the celebrities he's "hobnobbing" with are notorious for being extremely nice. Plus, he is dating a celebrity (again) so of course he will be amongst more well-known people. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that his "view of life" will change. Give him a little more credit than that. And, for the record, I think you're nice and always enjoy your comments.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:00 AM   #41
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Well that my dear is very encouraging.........and good to hear - and please I wasn't calling out Selma or anyone - just the notion of the hobnobbing - I do though agree that it is his intelect that got all of us into this same "boat" (apparently some more than others!!!) and hopefully it is that that carries the day so he still sees past all of the bs that accompanies said lifestyle............

And thank you very much - I got my "peeps" sis both here and yonder!!! So no worries!!

Hope you are well............
Old 05-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #42
Cerque
Resident Irishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
^I think we're all just jealous he isn't hanging out with us.
Quite possibly
Cerque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #43
Samart
Nothing unusual...

Damien's do what he wants. He was bored with Juniper ? He quits. He was bored with Lisa and the band and so on ? He quits. It's just a fact of life.
I did not know he was prolific or something like that. If he have the material to make a GREAT record, like O or 9, maybe he will feel the need to "spit it out", just like he said. Then, maybe I will feel the need to listen to it.

Until then, I will be happy to know him happy.
Samart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #44
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Old 05-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #45
Cerque
Resident Irishman

Damien is lapping it up.
Cerque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:24 PM   #46
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

happiness is in the eye of the beholder..............

or..........

Old 05-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #47
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

I don't think he's hobnobbing.. His new girl is BFF with Selma so he probably just got dragged along, got drunk and stole the show!
Moves-My-World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #48
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

lets hope so indeed!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #49
Shaftell
Eskimo Friend

Who's his new girl?
Shaftell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #50
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Ok had to find damien in his own words to annunciate my fear which seems to be not garnering much endorsement!

He is aware, naturally, of the artistic dangers inherent if life smiles on him too much. “The day I get happy I’ll probably just stop,” he says.

The unhappiness, the busquing (sp?), the searching had a heck of a lot to do with the emotions that flow through his songs like a gushing river...........

read it here - on this site - circa 2004

http://www.eskimofriends.com/interviews.asp?times=yes

I am not at all trying to suggest that one's career is doomed once met with success - all I am saying is that success certainly does influence the career............I await this next cd from a "happy" damo with open arms!

Last edited by davidcotyalex; 05-05-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:27 AM   #51
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

^I prefer depressed Damo :/ haha we can always hope things go badly with...just kidding!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:41 AM   #52
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
^I prefer depressed Damo :/ haha we can always hope things go badly with...just kidding!
well at least you appreciate where I coming from!

and for the record I have never had one of my obnoxious passages discarded from the web nor have I ever been banned from ever having the right to post them! it just so happens that your - insert favorite fantasy characterization - shut down the forum on the "official." hah!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:20 AM   #53
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Maybe a full-fledged intervention is necessary. We'll send out undercover Eskimos to follow him around and try to mess up his day. You know, fake parking tickets, "accidentally" making him trip and fall, stealing his bike, squirting him in the face with a water gun....anything for a third album! Geez, Damien should count his luck stars he has such dedicated fans (but not get too happy about it, mind you!).

Old 05-05-2009, 03:57 AM   #54
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Maybe a full-fledged intervention is necessary. We'll send out undercover Eskimos to follow him around and try to mess up his day. You know, fake parking tickets, "accidentally" making him trip and fall, stealing his bike, squirting him in the face with a water gun....anything for a third album! Geez, Damien should count his luck stars he has such dedicated fans (but not get too happy about it, mind you!).
Nice!

I will NEVER forget sitting with some recently made friends in Louisville at a cafe across from the venue when damien, joel and shane walk out the front door because our boy wanted a seven up! now that my friends was not one chirac-worthy dude so still sayin............

Last edited by davidcotyalex; 05-05-2009 at 04:02 AM.