Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 01-18-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
A Lonely Soldier
Eskimo Baby

Default Remember Dogs?

remember whe damien played dogs on the ellen degeneres show about two months ago? did anyone see that or capture it? ive been dying to see it!
A Lonely Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lonely Soldier
remember whe damien played dogs on the ellen degeneres show about two months ago? did anyone see that or capture it? ive been dying to see it!
It was supposed to be airing in Britain this month I thought I remembered reading. That said, it was one of Damo's most visibly uncomfortable/nervous US TV appearances to date. He didn't use to get like that on American tv shows so I wonder what's changed this year? Either way though, he didn't really relax until he finally got to let loose on the bridge which is 80% of the way through.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:46 AM   #3
Riven
These Living Arms

I recorded it to a DVD when it was on tv. I could try to transfer it to my computer and then put it up on YouTube or something. I've never done anything like that before, but I know someone who can so I'll ask him about helping me with it. It might take a couple days for me to get in touch with him though. But I'll try tp have it up on YouTube eventually.

I'll post again when I get it up.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:49 AM
LaurenM
This message has been deleted by LaurenBledsoe.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #4
administrator
forum administrator

i have it now, and i want to put it up... but the file is a bit too big... i'm trying to figure out how to reduce the size of an mpeg file...

also, i don't think he looks even slightly nervous in it! and they all seem to get on really well with ellen, big hugs all round like they're friends.

administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:32 PM   #5
Riven
These Living Arms

Ok, so I have the video now and I was all ready to upload it to YouTube, but when I got to the upload page I saw this warning: " Do not upload any TV shows, music videos, music concerts, or commercials without permission unless they consist entirely of content you created yourself.""

So I guess this means that I won't be able to upload it afterall?? I don't have permission and it is a TV show. I don't want to do anything against the rules, so unless there's some exception I'm not going to do it.

But I know there are a lot of other clips of Damien on TV on YouTube, so is this a rule that is not really enforced? Do you think I'd be ok if I put it up? If you guys think I can then I will still go ahead and upload it.
Riven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:39 PM   #6
beatleboogie
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riven
Ok, so I have the video now and I was all ready to upload it to YouTube, but when I got to the upload page I saw this warning: " Do not upload any TV shows, music videos, music concerts, or commercials without permission unless they consist entirely of content you created yourself.""

So I guess this means that I won't be able to upload it afterall?? I don't have permission and it is a TV show. I don't want to do anything against the rules, so unless there's some exception I'm not going to do it.

But I know there are a lot of other clips of Damien on TV on YouTube, so is this a rule that is not really enforced? Do you think I'd be ok if I put it up? If you guys think I can then I will still go ahead and upload it.

SIN SIN SIN!
beatleboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:50 PM   #7
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

yeah thousands of videos are uploaded to youtube every minute. there's no way they'll even see it, and if they did you wouldnt get in trouble. the fact is the youtube people don't even care.
i say STICK IT TO THE MAN!

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:26 PM   #8
caeskimofriend
Eskimo Baby

The worst they will do is take it down. People put videos like this up all the time.
caeskimofriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:33 PM   #9
Riven
These Living Arms

Yeah, well the way I see it it's not like you could even buy it if you wanted to, right? I'd have a problem with uploading a video that you could buy, because that would be cheating the artist. But for something like this a lot of people couldn't see it when it was on TV just because they were in a different country and that's unfair.

So anyway, I'm uploading now!
Old 01-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #10
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

yay!

Old 01-20-2007, 07:52 PM   #11
ste_swann
Stupidest Eskimo

Thank you!
ste_swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #12
Riven
These Living Arms

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uilnuzosp8

Sorry for the bad YouTube quality.

I also think that he doesn't look very nervous in it - he seems to be enjoying himself! He's certainly a lot more comfortable than when he did those 9 Crimes performances earlier.

(Edit: Looks like its not really up yet. But that should be the link when it is...try it again in a couple minutes)
(Edit2: It's working now! Enjoy)

Last edited by Riven; 01-20-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Riven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #13
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Thanks alot for posting it up. I think he looks nervous but not uncomfortable. Seems the lights are quite bright for him due to the rapid eye movement

i didnt think they were going to pan the camera onto any of the rest of the band for a while. seemed all about damien.

Sounded great tho

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:23 PM   #14
sissy0584
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riven

Thanks for posting!!!! i was looking for it and i couldn't find it...

So f**k u, f**k u, and all we've been through
I said leave it, leave it, it's nothing to u
and if u hate me, hate me so good
that u can let me out, let me out,
let me out it's hell when u r around

MySpace
sissy0584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:25 PM   #15
walker
The Masked Eskimo

Nice video! I wonder who's on his t-shirt?
walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #16
ste_swann
Stupidest Eskimo

Thanks a lot, great performance! I love this song!
ste_swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:00 PM   #17
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Riven, thank you so much for posting that video. I actually had my Dish DVR set to record the show but I apparently didn't confirm the recording with my TV so I ended up missing it. But yeah, thanks again.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:48 PM   #18
GoodCatGoneBad
Chicago Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenBledsoe
there's no way they'll even see it, and if they did you wouldnt get in trouble. the fact is the youtube people don't even care.
Not true. I uploaded Ray LaMontagne on Jay Leno and was contacted in less than 24 hours due to copyright infringement on behalf of Universal or whatever company it was. (That was quick!) They took it down, gave me a slap on the wrist although my account was not deleted. But I was warned not to do it again, or YouTube would give my account the boot.

Last edited by GoodCatGoneBad; 01-20-2007 at 09:51 PM.
GoodCatGoneBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:28 PM   #19
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodCatGoneBad
Not true. I uploaded Ray LaMontagne on Jay Leno and was contacted in less than 24 hours due to copyright infringement on behalf of Universal or whatever company it was. (That was quick!) They took it down, gave me a slap on the wrist although my account was not deleted. But I was warned not to do it again, or YouTube would give my account the boot.
oh wow what a pain in the arse

Old 01-20-2007, 10:30 PM   #20
Soleillily
Eskimo Shutterbug

Thanks for uploading...I'd been looking out for it
Old 01-20-2007, 10:34 PM   #21
GoodCatGoneBad
Chicago Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenBledsoe
oh wow what a pain in the arse
Exactly! I just wanted to share it with a few Ray fans, I didn't mean any harm....Although I do believe it wasn't YouTube who found it, it must have been Universal who contacted YouTube because in the email they said it was on behalf of the 3rd party. Maybe some of the talk shows have some type of legal teams who search for stuff like this. I thought it was going to be ok, because I saw a crap load of Leno videos up. Oh well.

but anyways, I hope the Ellen show stays up!
GoodCatGoneBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:39 AM   #22
Ships_Were_Sailin
Eskimo Regular

thanks for posting that up it was awsome

no matter if you get in trouble, its worth it to see a damien show.

Rice fans are rebels without a cause!!

Yet i keep going to where it seems i'm meant to go
Ships_Were_Sailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:19 AM   #23
Goshou
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet
It was supposed to be airing in Britain this month I thought I remembered reading. That said, it was one of Damo's most visibly uncomfortable/nervous US TV appearances to date. He didn't use to get like that on American tv shows so I wonder what's changed this year? Either way though, he didn't really relax until he finally got to let loose on the bridge which is 80% of the way through.
I'd say he was a little nervous, but he also seemed to be quite sick (note the ridiculous amount of reverb) and that, I think, was the source of his nervousness. Regardless, pretty neat performance.
The trees of the mountains harm themselves, / Grease in fire roasts itself. / Cinnamon can be eaten, / Hence, it is cut down. / Lacquer can be used, / Hence, it is stripped. / Everyone knows the use of the useful, / But no one knows the use of the useless. ~Zhuangzi
Goshou is offline   Reply With Quote