Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 02-01-2004, 09:29 AM   #91
Lemonhead
Eskimo Regular

hi jocelyn! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]my brother was given a compilation cd ages ago off his friend and i robbed it, naturally enough... well anyhoo, aime was on it and i just fell in love![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]it's actually kinda weird, 'cause i remember being in a record shop a couple of months before, picking up his album and goin' 'cool cover! should i buy it for the craic?!' and then i didn't, 'cause i was broke! i still kick myself.......
Old 02-01-2004, 03:27 PM   #92
andrea02
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jclyn311
i too randomly saw his video on vh1 n when i saw it i dunno there was just something about it

me too. did some research on the internet and bought the cd a day later. actually, i may have to buy a new one 'cause i'm wearing out the one i have[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

andrea02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:49 PM   #93
loucha
Eskimo Regular

in the shower!! was gettin ready for a night out, my friend banged on the door to tell me to listen and she put blowers daughter onreally loud so i could hear! i was amazed, it was just my sort of song, i got out and asked about him, then purchased the album soon after. Now i always put damien on when i have a shower!!
Old 02-02-2004, 06:03 AM   #94
marymac
Eskimo Regular

First heard Blower's Daughter and Cannonballbeing played bya friend, whenpeople were randomly playing guitar in my house before going out, then was taken to see him in the Limelight (Belfast) December 2002, by the same person when he was trying to educate me while getting to two Damien Rice shows in two days. He was also trying to ask me out, but he got shy.
marymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 07:23 AM   #95
-oli
Band Member

I FIRST HEARS BLOWERS DAUGHTER ON A MIX TAPE LOUCHA AXIDENTLEY LEANT ME.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:05 AM   #96
mermaid
Eskimo Friend

where did I first hear of DR????on TV...few days ago I saw Cannonball...and I istantly love that song and of course him[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:12 AM   #97
rudy
Eskimo Regular

Well, I read about him in some British paper, got interested and downloaded a song from Kazaa. But that file was a hoax, as it was some pissy boy-band on it... So I thought it was crap. Couple of months later I heard an amazing song (I remember) at a friends house and asked him what it was. "Damien Rice". Next day I bought the "real" Damien Rice-album and it was quite far from the sh*te I got on Kazaa!

rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:52 AM   #98
JonTheRvelator
Eskimo Baby

when I heard 'delicate' for the first time.

I was hooked. I've got a few of his shows and I can't stop listening.

JonTheRvelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:32 AM   #99
paudy
prodigal son

it was around aug/sep 2002 i saw the sleeve in the c.d shop it looked good so i bought it how right was i[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2004, 06:04 AM   #100
sezmo
Eskimo Regular

My brother called me up the day after hesaw his show in Boulder, Colorado last autumn. He was surprised I'd never heard of him. He told me he'd puton a brilliant show, played for 4 hours or something, told loads of funny stories, and even went backstage at one point to quickly learn the chords to a Jeff Buckley song someone requested.

I then texted an Irishfriend of mine here in Holland to ask if he'd heard of a singer called Damien Rice. The reply I got was "are you kidding? the man's a god!" He'd also just found out about Damien that weekfrom his brother in Drogheda. Next thing I know this same friend shows up at my house and plays &amp; sings me Older Chests on the guitar, and gives me the album and a ticket to see him in Utrecht for my birthday. Been hooked ever since.

sezmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 07:05 PM   #101
Lemonhead
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paudy
it was around aug/sep 2002 i saw the sleeve in the c.d shop it looked good so i bought it how right was i[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

same as me, except i didn't buy it...[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]still a couple of months later isn't too bad!

money was tight that year on walton's mountain...Edited by: Lemonhead
Old 02-08-2004, 01:38 AM   #102
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

sezmo... youve got quite a friend there, showing up and serenading you and buying you cds and tickets to shows... where might i find someone like this?[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2004, 05:11 AM   #103
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

my brother, i dunno when but i've known of him since i was in sixth class (about three years ago) and i've liked him since the middle of first year (last year)