Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 06:11 PM   #91
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

thats kind of what i was getting at V! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2004, 06:12 PM   #92
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]yeh ok!! sarcasm was lost on me there then!
Old 09-08-2004, 06:14 PM   #93
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

yeah i know .....when you get pissed off htese subtle things tend to go unnoticed!
Old 09-08-2004, 06:16 PM   #94
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

true, very true!!

well i'm gonna leave this wonderfully enlightening conversation to go and dye my hair!! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img](not blondeby the way)

Old 09-08-2004, 06:18 PM   #95
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

not blonde...she doth protest too much!![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]its blonde....admit it!!
Old 09-08-2004, 06:19 PM   #96
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

um yeh ok it is i'm natural (collars and cuffs match!!) [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

kidding!
Old 09-08-2004, 06:20 PM   #97
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]well have fun anyway...and mind you dontr get any in your eyes![img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]see ya later!!
Old 09-08-2004, 06:22 PM   #98
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

haha cheers shaun....cya later [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2004, 06:23 PM   #99
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

by the way v...are u from bristol....my aunt lives there im over a lot!
Old 09-08-2004, 06:24 PM   #100
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

yeh well i'm at uni there...going back up next weekend!
Old 09-08-2004, 06:26 PM   #101
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

cool what u study there...its a nice college.....and near fopp on park row as well...sweet!
Old 09-08-2004, 06:28 PM   #102
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

hehe now i'm making myself sound thick!! i'm actually at UWE studying spanish and business systems....but i live right in the centre at the end of corn street so yeh i'm dead near fopp, i love that place!!
Old 09-08-2004, 06:30 PM   #103
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

argh i really gotta go but i'll talk to you soon xx
Old 09-08-2004, 06:31 PM   #104
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

its like a mecca for me.....cds are so expensie hre...cheaper in northern ireland but still dear....and i flock to fopp whenever i can and spend like a madman!! oh my aunt went to that college so you dont sound thick at all!! its a cool town thought bu i never really got to go out in it so i dunno what the nightlife is like!
Old 09-08-2004, 06:46 PM   #105
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

popped back in while the hair dye is taking!

well i love the nightlife....especially the 'rock nights' cos there's nothing like that round here! it's more like home to me in bristol now than my actual hometown! just wish i coulda spent the summer there but couldn't afford it!!

you should let me know when you're next coming over and i'll get trish over from cardiff and any other eskimos who fancy a journey!! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

right i really am going now!! adios
Old 09-08-2004, 06:49 PM   #106
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

well have fun vienna!! and thanks for the offer i;ll take you up on that sometime!!! see ya later!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:18 PM   #107
cille
creepycute

wow, this thread has been.... QUITE an experience to read!!! first a pretty good discussion, then unabashed's cynical attacks thus failing to get his point through cause of the mean-ness, and then chatting about dying hair and bristol and sorroundings...[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

...seriously, unabashed surely has to be banned by now, right?[img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]i guess it's easy to sit somewhere anonumously and crap all over other people... it has to stop, that's all i have to say about that [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]Edited by: cillecille
Old 09-08-2004, 09:23 PM   #108
Hannah650
Wee Wils

god to see the eskimo love again[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2004, 12:20 AM   #109
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead

you shouldn't say that they're bad albums just because you don't like or agree with the music or points he was trying to get across... i'm guessing you don't share his beliefs but you should try to be at least open and respect them, not say that they are horrible!! that's kinda ignorant.

you can't say that 20 years of his creative life were bad, they were just as good, only different, and that is exactly one of the reasons that they were good!!! dylan was never afraid to be different, and i hate hearing people slate him for the works he produced in that period... if he had to courage to change his lifestyle and work for what he believed, you should try to accept that and be personally influenced by it... if you still don't agree, then fine.

oooh look at me... ranting![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
I have absolutely no problem with Dylan's religious conversion (which I assume is what you were referring to), everyone is free to believe whatever they want to believe, my repeated statements of admiration for the work of Sufjan Stevens (and I REALLY love his music) surely prooves that I don't have a problem with music of a devotional nature (where's Valarie when I need her to back me up?), I simply think that in the main the material that he released over that period (looking at the stuff that he released over that time I now realise that one of my favourite Dylan songs "Most of the time" dates from then, I like "Gotta Serve Somebody" also and I've allready expressed a liking for "Sara") was of rather poor quality compared to his output from outside that time period (particularly before when he produced what I'd consider to be 3 near perfect albums in Blood on the Tracks, Highway 61 Revisited and Blonde on Blonde).

And I'm perfectly within my rights to say that I think they're bad albums if I think they are, it's all subjective and my opinion doesn't negate any opinion of yours that they were worthwhile additions to his canon. I really don't see why people take it as an insult when someone expresses a distase for music that they like, to that extent I would question the need for the existance of this thread, but to each their own and I'm digressing.

I'm living in my universe, you're living in yours. In mine I think that they are bad albums and you think they are good, theat means that in my universe they are bad albums; in yours you think that they are good albums and I disagree, that means in your universe they are good.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:15 AM   #110
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

What a moody little thread. Why are we even caring about what ppl on the cluas site have to say anyway? (What is the cluas site anyway??) But seriously I don't give a crap what other ppl say about Damien or(us) his fans. I used to, especially if someone dissed Damien,but now I think it's silly really. Do you think Damien cares? Probably not, but I wouldn't know because I don't know him. Sometimes it just gets taken all too personally.

And no it doesn't look as if Unabashed IV has been banned yet, Cille. Maybe Emmett's tired of banning him cos he always just comes back in a different incarnation. Or maybe Emmett thinks this forum needs an instigator? Or maybe Emmett just doesn't care anymore! [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]That's kind of like saying god is dead, isn't it? [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

mooodyyyyyy...... mooooodaaayyyy........

Old 09-09-2004, 09:19 AM   #111
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight

maybe Emmett just doesn't care anymore! [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]i can't even imagine he'd stop caring [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

...but maybe unabashed is really emmett's alter ego..?[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

nah, let's not go down that road again...[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

(i don't really think he is, don't worry[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img])Edited by: cillecille
Old 09-09-2004, 06:04 PM   #112
Enoch
Eskimo Regular

Ignore Trolls
Old 09-09-2004, 09:10 PM   #113
cille
creepycute

trolls???
Old 09-09-2004, 11:54 PM   #114
administrator
forum administrator

hi guys. i didn't see this thread until now so i'm sorry for not banning unabashed earlier. i've banned him a few times now and he keeps re-registering. if he tries to register again can you let me know please? and if anyone ever starts disrupting things like that, please let me know in case i don't see it. thanks. and sorry again.

Closed Thread