Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 09-25-2007, 01:05 AM   #61
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuuliem
just managed to get back to NYC, I havent checked the internet, so i didnt know pedestrian were playing the next day. otherwise I should have tape it
for the vids : I havent upload my castllebar gig yet, then I have to upload another artist (sara bareilles) AND THEN YOU WILL GET the Greek Theater concert. or at least what I will have. i'm so stupid, i forgot to erase one of my memory card before the show, so i went out of memory at the end, and I didnt understand why. stupid me.
Dont expect anything before october 15th. If i have nothing to do in my life, you'll get it sooner
Thanks for your efforts cuuliem, it's really appreciated
Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:08 AM   #62
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuuliem
just managed to get back to NYC, I havent checked the internet, so i didnt know pedestrian were playing the next day. otherwise I should have tape it
for the vids : I havent upload my castllebar gig yet, then I have to upload another artist (sara bareilles) AND THEN YOU WILL GET the Greek Theater concert. or at least what I will have. i'm so stupid, i forgot to erase one of my memory card before the show, so i went out of memory at the end, and I didnt understand why. stupid me.
Dont expect anything before october 15th. If i have nothing to do in my life, you'll get it sooner

thanks For taping!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... you take as long as you need .... just knowing that we'll see something is enough for now!!

But if you could maybe hibernate for some time and only work on the videos ... it would be great ...haha juuuuuust kiiiiding!!!

wooo hoooo!!! you taped the castlebar gig too!!!

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...

Last edited by mariaoran; 09-25-2007 at 03:54 AM.
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:30 PM   #63
olive31
French Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
anyone took pictures????? I had my camera but was so focused that forgot to take pictures lol
Here are a few pics...

olive31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:49 PM   #64
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

If you downloaded you should have a series of flac files.....now you need to convert them to mp3s - google Switch and dowload that program for free......this program will walk you through converting the files....enjoy!
davidcotyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:58 PM   #65
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Nice pics Olive!!! ... thanksssss!!

what was the gong for??

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
Old 09-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #66
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I think Vyv played the gong at the end of the Coconut skns>Jam... just like to mark the ending... but she was rather shy when playing it...
Old 09-25-2007, 06:30 PM   #67
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleillily
oh, i still danced and i still sang i was just mindful to do it quietly and not do it when damo was quiet as well.
There is no way anyone is gonna keep me from dancing!

Maybe next time damien will see me outside a gig and invite me to watch from backstage so I can dance and sing all i want! haha..*wishful thinking*
I love you chica, but I would have glared at you for the singing, too. Frankly, Damo's tickets are too expensive for me to listen to anyone other than Damo sing. I've never understood why people can't just lip-synch? Is it really that hard? It guarantees no one will glare at you or say anything to you. Don't you want to hear Damien sing it? Plus, I've heard that Damo generally dislikes it when people sing along, except in certain parts maybe (the la la la's at the end of the professor for example)...
Old 09-25-2007, 07:23 PM   #68
viv
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaoran

what was the gong for??

That's what I was thinking before the shows that I went to started. But Vyvienne was pretty funny winding up to hit it at the end of cococut skins. She took that job VERY seriously!
viv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:50 AM   #69
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Old 09-26-2007, 01:53 AM   #70
Soleillily
Eskimo Shutterbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlttrGrrl
I love you chica, but I would have glared at you for the singing, too. Frankly, Damo's tickets are too expensive for me to listen to anyone other than Damo sing. I've never understood why people can't just lip-synch? Is it really that hard? It guarantees no one will glare at you or say anything to you. Don't you want to hear Damien sing it? Plus, I've heard that Damo generally dislikes it when people sing along, except in certain parts maybe (the la la la's at the end of the professor for example)...
VALERIE!! It was an open air theatre and I did sing under my breath...not busting out normal voice for full songs.

What really bothered me was the glares for dancing in my chair...like swaying back and forth or nodding my head to the music.

Maybe he just thought i was strange.

Hope you're doing well btw
Old 09-26-2007, 04:03 AM   #71
CSL
didactic destiny schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleillily
VALERIE!! It was an open air theatre and I did sing under my breath...not busting out normal voice for full songs.

What really bothered me was the glares for dancing in my chair...like swaying back and forth or nodding my head to the music.

Maybe he just thought i was strange.

Hope you're doing well btw

Let me repeat....

It's a f***ing concert, not a library....

Don't worry... no one is upstaging Damo.

I really don't think ANYONE has a right to declare conduct rules for ANYONE else for ANY concert. There are certainly people at every concert I've ever been to that are much crazier than me... and those that just sit and listen... all is accepted... we need to accept EVERYONE'S experience and be tolerant....

Basically (and I'm probably going to sound like a b*%ch here), be patient with others, people.

I'm not saying people should SCREAM while they are singing, or disrupt him in the gentle parts of "Delicate" or "Older Chests", but if he's belting "Woman Like A Man" or "Coconut Skins" or the pinnacle of "I Remember": "I wanna hear.... what you have to say about me.... hear... if you're gonna live without me"... I'm singing along.... you can't hear me anyway (hopefully, if the sound system in the venue is sufficient)...

Kick me out if you think that is unacceptable.... and then try to tap into your inner hippie... music, especially live music concerts, are not about sitting, folding your hands and listening.

I'm just saying.

Borneoman and I are starting a campaign.

Last edited by CSL; 09-26-2007 at 07:44 AM.
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:20 AM   #72
olive31
French Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
Let me repeat....

It's a f***ing concert, not a library....

Don't worry... no one is upstaging Damo.

I really don't think ANYONE has a right to declare conduct rules for ANYONE else for ANY concert. There are certainly people at every concert I've ever been to that are much crazier than me... and those that just sit and listen... all is accepted... we need to accept EVERYONE'S experience and be tolerant....

Basically (and I'm probably going to sound like a b*%ch here), be patient with others, people.

I'm not saying people should SCREAM while they are singing, or disrupt him in the gentle parts of "Delicate" or "Older Chests", but if he's belting "Woman Like A Man" or "Coconut Skins" or the pinnacle of "I Remember": "I wanna hear.... what you have to say about me.... hear... if you're gonna live without me"... I'm singing along.... you can't hear me anyway (hopefully, if the sound system in the venue is sufficient)...

Kick me out if you think that is unacceptable.... and then try to tap into your inner hippie... music, especially live music concerts, are not about sitting, folding your hands and listening.

I'm just saying.

Borneoman and I are starting a campaign.
I totally agree with you CSL.
That's why I prefer venues where this audience is standing rather than numbered seats and people who don't want you to move...
How can you remain seated when you hear "I remember".
This was my 8th Damien gig this year and I really prefered the ones where I was standing (if possible on the front row in the middle of the stage ): both Paris Olympias, Oslo, Marlay Park.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:22 AM   #73
CSL
didactic destiny schemer

Talking

I MARTI AND OLIVIER!!!

LET US ALL BAND TOGETHER AND ENJOY CONCERTS HOW EVER WE WANT!!!!

CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:02 AM   #74
eskimo_prague
Eskimo Regular

Finally got a chance to upload my pictures

http://simple.myfabrik.com/toffoland...C3BFB107A77991
eskimo_prague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:21 AM   #75
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Thanks soooo much!!!
haha i see he's workin it with the Orange snickers!!!

thanks again!!

Old 09-27-2007, 08:29 PM   #76
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

IMO moving/dancing in your seat should be a human right!!! People having conversations, talking on the phone, people singing/screaming on top of their lungs, that's annoying... but what's wrong with shaking a bit in your seat????

I went to see Tori Amos in London and with my friend we were moving a bit in our seats, and this lady taps me in the shoulder and tells me: can you please not move!!!!!! arggggggggggg I didn't even answer and I gave her the angriest look ever Next they're gonna ask not to breathe...

Luckily at the Greek everybody in my row was kinda dancing ont their seats, so it was no problem. Besides, it was freezing cold, so you kinda needed to move a bit...
Old 09-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #77
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
Next they're gonna ask not to breathe...

to be completely honest, if I were to see Damien live I don't know if I could even stop myself from moving!!! Honestly, I think I would be on the verge of hysteria!!! But for sure....I would just make sure that I wasn't taking away from anyone else's experience
Old 09-27-2007, 08:47 PM   #78
viv
Eskimo Regular

I don't see how anyone could ask anyone else not to dance in their seat! I mean GEEZ! But it is slightly annoying, especially when you're near the front and everyone is trying to sit/chill and listen and one person stands up. Then if you are behind them you have to too and so on...... I love it when people get up and dance durring cococut skins and the like, as long as they're not in front of me or as long as they sit once he's gone to a more mellow song. I've been to plenty of concerts where people stand just to stand and I've never understood that. I mean the whole audience is just standing there, with their arms crossed. Why?

Of course you paid for your ticket too and have the right to do whatever, but you should still be curtious to other fans around you. I mean, do you want to be the dip-sh*t that ruined the concert for 20 people behind you?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:52 PM   #79
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I meant moving in your seat but without standing up, and during fast/rocking songs...
Old 09-28-2007, 10:07 PM   #80
viv
Eskimo Regular

my post wasn't directed at anyone specifcally, just my thoughts in general.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:45 AM   #81
1mug
Eskimo Friend

i think that people may have a problem with others dancing in their seats because they find that anything that takes their mind out of the concert itself is a distraction. Personally, especially with damien's shows, anything that makes me realize that there's more people there (such as singing and dancing) takes me out of the music. I'm sorry, but I really like complete and total quiet and obedience from the audience because the music is so moving that I get upset when other people end up taking me out of it. I can assure you that I wasn't one of the people who told you to stop what you were doing, but on a personal level, the music touches me so much that I don't want it to feel like a concert, I want it to be an experience.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.
1mug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:50 PM   #82
Ca11um
Eskimo Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mug
i think that people may have a problem with others dancing in their seats because they find that anything that takes their mind out of the concert itself is a distraction. Personally, especially with damien's shows, anything that makes me realize that there's more people there (such as singing and dancing) takes me out of the music. I'm sorry, but I really like complete and total quiet and obedience from the audience because the music is so moving that I get upset when other people end up taking me out of it. I can assure you that I wasn't one of the people who told you to stop what you were doing, but on a personal level, the music touches me so much that I don't want it to feel like a concert, I want it to be an experience.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.
snap
Old 09-29-2007, 06:17 PM   #83
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

IMO, there are moments in a concert that call for complete silence, but there are moments like with the rockier songs in which I think people should be more tolerant... what's wrong with you people? you must be dead inside or something if you don't even move slightly during Volcano or I Remember... different people, different concepts of a concert, but I think you're a bit intolerant if someone cannot slightly move his shoulders while sitting in his seat...

by the way 2 great clips from Olivier!!!!!!!

Cannonball...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySFh1...elated&search=

and Childish...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0yJt...elated&search=
Old 09-29-2007, 09:45 PM   #84
She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite
Eskimo Regular

yep, well said by borneoman..totally agree
Old 09-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #85
1mug
Eskimo Friend

ok, let's all calm down. i didn't want to offend anyone, and believe me, i would've danced in my seat and sang along if i knew it wouldn't be bothering anyone. it just bugs me sometimes, that's all.
1mug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:02 AM   #86
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mug
ok, let's all calm down. i didn't want to offend anyone, and believe me, i would've danced in my seat and sang along if i knew it wouldn't be bothering anyone. it just bugs me sometimes, that's all.
Oh I don't think anyone is upset or offended! And it does seem to be a difficult thing to know was is acceptable when we're at a concert....and one gig can have such a different atmosphere from the next Haha, it's all very confusing actually!
And very nicely said Marti!
Old 10-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #87
olive31
French Eskimo

Here are my videos.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:07 AM   #88
Soleillily
Eskimo Shutterbug

Sorry the singing along/dancing topic i started got a bit heated (sort of) but it's good to hear what people think about it, esp about the larger venues.

What it comes down to i think is that we should all just do what we want, but be mindful of what atmosphere the artist is trying to set. Obviously I wouldn't dance or sing at a show like the one Damo put on at the Troubadour...that was very intimate and I wouldn't be an a-hole like that.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:26 AM   #89
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Cuuliem's amazing clips for the first 5 shows at the Greek are up at youtube!!!!!!!!!!!! including Insane!!!!!!!!!!!

Rootless tree:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmgFevY7Bxg
Older chests:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc-SZS5qobw
Cross eyed bear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zthPCX8T18
Insane:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwRC8MTVL9g
Elephant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LreN_w6MnII
Old 10-09-2007, 06:36 AM   #90
Lindsay