Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Vyvienne Long > Vyvienne Long

Old 02-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Amie R.
Eskimo Regular

Default Vyv In Tullamore,Ireland 19th february

OMG!
I'm not sure I have words for that gig. I was all the time paralyzed by the beauty of everything she and her band did. I couldn't move one single muscle!
Her music is definitely art. I believe Vyv is a perfectionist and she does her very best to please her fans. I can say that because I was very pleased and happy to have travelled from Norway to Dublin and then to Tullamore to see her. At first I was going to see the Meteors in Dublin and later she scheduled that gig in Tullamore,what made very happy not having to travel to the scary big London to see her ;-) In a way Vyv ruined the meteor for me because I was so excited about her concert the next day that I didn't really enjoy all the noisy,peoplely (does that word exist?)tv thing...it was finally worth when I got to The Thatch to see her. I took a friend with me and he was very excited too and finally happy to succumb my invitation to get to know Vyv's work. The album is sooooo beautiful,all the songs are heartbreakers and I really wonder how that girl can write such beautiful lyrics! I mean...she is blessed! it was a test of endurance (like one of the songs) for me because at the end of each song I was noticing I wasn't breathing properly during the songs hahahaha I was afraid to cry all the time and I'm a tough girl...It was a lifetime experience and a very intimate concert. I would recommend anyone who has the chance of seeing her to go,just go! Use all the money you can get,abuse of your credit cards,call sick at work and go because you wont regret it! Damien will be very lucky if he gets Vyv to gig with him again,what I say... BTW people! I got 2 albums for 2 eskimofriends and surprise surprise!!!! They are signed,ok? I'm a good eskimofriend and Vyv is an angel for taking time to sign all the 4 albums I bought ;-) Send it later this week.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
Amie R.
Eskimo Regular

When I have time I will write more...just too tired from work today...
Old 02-22-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
eskimo_prague
Eskimo Regular

Thanks for sharing a bit of your experience, it's nice to read you had such a nice time. I wish I had asked you to purchase the album for me, I really can't wait to listen to it in its entirety, and you even got it signed!
eskimo_prague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:34 AM   #4
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^^ you're such a sweetheart and i'm so glad you had the best time
thanks in advance (for the million time )
Old 02-23-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
Rai
Eskimontologist

It seems someone was mentioned on Twitter...

Quote:
enjoyed the gigs on the weekend- thank you to all who came along. Especially those from far & wide. There's Norway I could thank you enough!

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
Amie R.
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
It seems someone was mentioned on Twitter...
That was very sweet of her! I follow her,but it was my sis who sent me a email in the middle of the night to tell me about it! Vyv signed an album for my sis which is a huge fan also!!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:41 PM   #7
verenita
... trusty and true ...

you diserve it