Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 05-17-2004, 08:15 PM   #31
DamosFavEyes
Long Time No SeEskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlttrGrrl
I wanna go! It sounds so cool. Our Rock Against Bush CDs and concerts are all these bands that sound the same...and they all suck [img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img]even Steve Earle...I respect his politics and all, but seriously, I can't listen to his music.

YEAH! i got this free rockagainstbush cd and it's the worst thing ever! baah. I HATE POLITICS in general! i refuse to get into this.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:47 PM   #32
coreybyrnes
eskiphotographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamosFavEyes
i refuse to get into this.

you just did!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:19 PM   #33
DamosFavEyes
Long Time No SeEskimo

did i take any side? did i state any viewpoint? i think not, mr. byrnes.[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

so no, i didn't. and i won't. [img]smileys/smiley22.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2004, 09:26 PM   #34
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

I don't condone this whole not getting involved in politics thing. But I'll save the lecture, because I don't think it will make a difference.
GlttrGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:28 PM   #35
-oli
Band Member

i know very little about polotics, so im not on here to comment about it, but to say how cool i think the title.

i aplaud whoever created this![img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

now you may continue
Old 05-17-2004, 09:31 PM   #36
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamosFavEyes
I HATE POLITICS in general! i refuse to get into this.

yeah, you just did... and hating politics is like hating life... everything is politics, gina!
Old 05-17-2004, 10:33 PM   #37
dylanfan
Eskimo Regular

hey give gina a break.hating politicscan just as easily reflect an opinion that both sides of the debate are equally corrupt and close-minded. i foronefind most politicians equally offensive whether they are from the left or the right.
dylanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:35 PM   #38
dylanfan
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by -oli

i know very little about polotics, so im not on here to comment about it, but to say how cool i think the title.

i aplaud whoever created this![img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

now you may continue

as for the title...i dunno i wouldn't feel comfortable going toa rally that was ant-european leader in title...even if that leader came from france!
Old 05-17-2004, 10:35 PM   #39
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

ok this time take my advice

No more politics on this sight....i feel another rice it anti usa again and my god that was ugly........

No more politics.....or i must resort to the miss pink dance again.......puppies kittens and candy bars.....
Old 05-17-2004, 10:38 PM   #40
dylanfan
Eskimo Regular

true! lets avoid this ....

Old 05-17-2004, 11:11 PM   #41
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Just one point... there are more than two sides! Everything is a shade of grey...

Okay, I'm done.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:12 PM   #42
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

peace from now on [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2004, 11:30 PM   #43
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanfan
hey give gina a break.hating politicscan just as easily reflect an opinion that both sides of the debate are equally corrupt and close-minded. i foronefind most politicians equally offensive whether they are from the left or the right.

i didn't mean to down gina or anything - hope she understands that. i just get provoked by statements such as 'i hate politics', etc, whatever is meant by it.she could have meant what you just wrote, but we don't really know that, do we dylanfan?

i'd love to go to rockshows against many european leaders - especially president chirac, that corrupted old bastard!
Old 05-18-2004, 08:51 AM   #44
Louise
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
I don't condone this whole not getting involved in politics thing.* But I'll save the lecture, because I don't think it will make a difference.
I agree!

And I also don't like the idea of banning politics from this site AT ALL. If you don't want to get involved don't get involved but don't stop the rest of us! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] BTW cartman, it actually went completely out of my head yesterday so can I have my deadline extended to 6 today?
Old 05-18-2004, 04:09 PM   #45
dylanfan
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercille

i didn't mean to down gina or anything - hope she understands that. i just get provoked by statements such as 'i hate politics', etc, whatever is meant by it.she could have meant what you just wrote, but we don't really know that, do we dylanfan?

you are right, we don't know. guess i was seduced by her ever so blue eyes...hee hee.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:23 PM   #46
Franchise
Chief Eskimo Penguin

the deadline has past Louise you have let us all down....!
Old 05-18-2004, 07:55 PM   #47
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise
Quote:
I don't condone this whole not getting involved in politics thing. But I'll save the lecture, because I don't think it will make a difference.
I agree!

And I also don't like the idea of banning politics from this site AT ALL. If you don't want to get involved don't get involved but don't stop the rest of us! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] BTW cartman, it actually went completely out of my head yesterday so can I have my deadline extended to 6 today?

And I agree [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]that politics should not be banned from this site. As long as people are respectful, there's no reason we shouldn't discuss something that effects every one of us every day. There's no reason why a political discussion will automaticallybe an acrimonious discussion. If it bores or upsets some people, they shouldn't read the political threads.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:11 AM   #48
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercille

you are right, we don't know. guess i was seduced by her ever so blue eyes...hee hee.
[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]i guess that happends...[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2004, 12:52 AM   #49
DamosFavEyes
Long Time No SeEskimo

i had no idea that statement would make you people talk about me.

SUPERCILLE: yeah, you just did... and hating politics is like hating life... everything is politics, gina!

ouch. cille. i must disagree that everything is politics. i ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich today.. felt no politics there. i fully understand that politics DO affect everybody, but i agree more with this:

DYLANFAN: hey give gina a break.hating politicscan just as easily reflect an opinion that both sides of the debate are equally corrupt and close-minded. i foronefind most politicians equally offensive whether they are from the left or the right.

couldn't have said it better. woot to you, dylanfan. cille, the statement was NOT meant to be provoking. hating politics from my point of view, is hating how people get so passionate about something that (to me) seems so basically irrelevant.

VALERIE: I don't condone this whole not getting involved in politics thing. But I'll save the lecture, because I don't think it will make a difference.

please, let's not hold back here. if we're not going to let pinky stop us fromcommunicating and debating it. lecture the hell out of me.

p.s. dylanfan. thank you. [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2004, 01:00 AM   #50
cille
creepycute

we agree to differ, ok, gina?[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]i happen to see a lotta politics, even in the food we eat. but i'm strange like that...[img]smileys/smiley23.gif[/img]

didn't mean to'ouch' you , really![img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]im really sorry if it came out that way. im just verypassionate about irrelevant, idealisticstuff[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]. one of my best friends say that i live a theoretical life, and he's probably right.[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]Edited by: supercille
Old 05-19-2004, 07:35 AM   #51
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

I hate politics too, Gina. But more on the corrupt/futile/adversarial/power and controlend of the stick.

And Cille, always the idealist!I love that.... a theoretical life.

But Wheels response resonated the most with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels
Just one point... there are more than two sides! Everything is a shade of grey...

Okay, I'm done.

Just allow for the fact that everyone will have an opinion that falls somewhere along the continuum of shades of grey, and that all viewpoints are equally valid (even the free will choice of non participation), and don't use differences in opinion to set someone up as an enemy or "other" or would-be convert. Black/white/either/or/us/themthinking doesn't resolve conflicts. Tolerance and open, respectful communication to find some common ground is more productive toward the ultimate end.... which is peace, right?
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:29 AM   #52
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

This is for anyone who says they hate politics... who says they hate the corruption.

If we have learned ANYthing in the last few years it is how much of an influence politics can have on our daily lives... subtle policy choices can lead to war or peace, friendships or adversaries, ecconomic booms or stock market crashes.

It is of course sickening to see all the corruption, but if those who hate corruption avoid politics we leave it to those who are corrupt... then the problem will get worse. We need good people, who believe in ideals to counteract all the bad politicians.

The more politics sickens you, the more you should roll your sleeves up and do something about it.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #53
cille
creepycute

wheels for president!
cille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #54
daol20
Eskimo irRegular

Ehh so are we voting Wheels for the next General election!?

Well said btw.

To be eligible for membership of the Dáil:
<UL>
<LI>You must be a citizen of Ireland
<LI>You must be over 21 years of age and
<LI>You must not be disqualified from election to the Dáil </LI>[/list]

Off ya go Wheels!! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
To see you now with him
is just making me mad
Oh so kiss him again
just to prove to me that you can
an I will stand here
and burn in my skin
daol20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:29 PM   #55
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Hmm... the money is good isn't it? [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2004, 12:33 PM   #56
cille
creepycute

probably... one problem though...paparazzi[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2004, 12:40 PM   #57
Louise
Eskimo Regular

just got off the phone with the point and the girl there didnt know anything about it. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img] Will make further investigative calls.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:06 PM   #58
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels
The more politics sickens you, the more you should roll your sleeves up and do something about it.

Rock on Wheels! I feel the same way. I tend to be an idealist, like Cille (so when are we getting married?[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]) - a lot it comes from disgust with the current power structure and a belief that we can absolutely do better than this.

I also agree with Cille that everything is politics....even that peanut butter and jelly sandwich...despite the tendency to believe that there are something that are untainted by politics, it absolutely effects whatpeople eat. It's something we generally don't learn in schools in America, and even for those of us who know about it, it'seasy to forget sometimes when all you want is some chocolate (which was most likely made from beans harvested by slaves inIvory Coast).
Old 05-20-2004, 11:24 AM   #59
administrator
forum administrator

GlttrGrrl rocks!

as for the gig, damien will be performing but they haven't arranged any details of ticket prices etc yet
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 11:38 AM   #60
Franchise
Chief Eskimo Penguin

Is the date definetly going to be the 19th of June emmett.....?