Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 02-27-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
matthewsmithwarren
matthewsmithwarren

Default Any side gigs in NYC this week?

My wife loves Damien's music since we saw/heard in the movie "Closer". For her birthday, I've purchased tickets for the Tibet benefit on March 1st at Carnegie Hall in NYC. Will there be any other performances around town that week? I am hoping to learn that Damien will be stopping by some small club. Is this common? Is this probable? Does anyone have any insight?
matthewsmithwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:42 PM   #2
OrangeKnickers
Buttons For Eyes

i think it's definately possible and probable - i'm in the city too, and i would love to find out if anything is going on, especially since i can't make it to the carnagie hall show.

the only think i can think of is that he MIGHT do something with glen on the 19th - that is, if damo is still in town, which is a maybe.
OrangeKnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:36 PM   #3
mickey13086
Eskimo with a name..Chris

I'll be at the Tibet Benefit concert...I too have been hoping for a small gig somewhere else but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'll take what I can get though, but I hope you enjoy the show as much as I will.
mickey13086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:18 PM   #4
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

he's coming out to LA on the 2nd, so probably not this week unless he shows up somewhere today or tomorrow. But who knows how long he'll be in the states? I keep hoping that he'll show up at the Sounds Ecelectic Evening in LA on the 25th. But I'm pretty sure the super special surprise guests are going to be Franz Ferdinand