Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 02-28-2004, 12:08 PM   #1
helly
Eskimo Friend

It was amazing to see damien last week in brixton[img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img], He really did himself justice, anyway he did seven nation army by the white stripes it was so good the whole crowd stood up!!and i was wondering if anyone could tell me the best place to get recent d.r. concerts recording or downloads??thanks [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
helly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 12:32 PM   #2
cille
creepycute

well, there are quite a lot of people on the Soulseek file sharing thingy who's got great live recordings - just dl the program and join (free program + spyware/adware free!).

You can get it here: http://www.slsknet.org/download.html

[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2004, 01:14 PM   #3
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Damien did 7 Nation Army? Not Vivienne???
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 01:55 PM   #4
prague
Eskimo Friend

Vyvienne did it on Saturday night (with a little assistance from Lisa on drums!!). The others were not on stage as far as I remember.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:59 PM   #5
Tomarse
Eskimo Regular

On the Friday, everyone was standing the whole time. Was it different on the Saturday then? [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2004, 02:05 PM   #6
prague
Eskimo Friend

Yes. They all went off stage after an hour. It was very shortly after one of Damien's little "strops". I thought at the time he had left in annoyance, but I am not sure (what do others think? toilet break? cigarette break?). Vyvienne and Lisa came back on after 5 minutes and did Seven Nation Army. Then the others came back on for 40 minutes. When he came back Damien apologised for having been in a bad mood and there were no more "strops". Edited by: prague
Old 02-28-2004, 04:54 PM   #7
JamesD
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomarse
On the Friday, everyone was standing the whole time. Was it different on the Saturday then? [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Yeah - it was a wee bit different. Both nights there was plenty of distraction from people just talking all the way through, but for some reason on Saturday Damien had a enough and (as is well documented!) spoke out.

If you went to Friday only then IMHO then you got the best gig, esp if you got near enough to hear Hallelujah properly. On Sat there was a different order to the set list, and of course Seven Nation Army and Silent Night, instead of Be MY Husband and the "Interfearence song" plus Come together...

Always good to hear Vyv.Often overlooked, she's an excellent musician, and very sweet too.

Anyone else go to both nights and think Fri was better than Sat?
Old 02-28-2004, 04:56 PM   #8
JamesD
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomarse

Yeah - it was a wee bit different. Both nights there was plenty of distraction from people just talking all the way through, but for some reason on Saturday Damien had a enough and (as is well documented!) spoke out.

If you went to Friday only then IMHO then you got the best gig, esp if you got near enough to hear Hallelujah properly. On Sat there was a different order to the set list, and of course Seven Nation Army and Silent Night, instead of Be MY Husband and the "Interfearence song" plus Come together...

Always good to hear Vyv.Often overlooked, she's an excellent musician, and very sweet too.

Anyone else go to both nights and think Fri was better than Sat?
Old 02-28-2004, 05:00 PM   #9
Tomarse
Eskimo Regular

Cool. I was just about close enough to hear Hallelujah but as the idiots got louder so did everyone else trying to shut them up! [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]

Interfearence song? Is that one of DR's? There were two songs that I didn't recognise and I think that was one of them. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2004, 07:10 PM   #10
helly
Eskimo Friend

thanks supercille!

ya there two songs i didn't regonise ether, the one with the guitar solo was class, i loved the disco ball but wish i'd gone friday night aswell!oh well!

helly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 09:16 PM   #11
Tomarse
Eskimo Regular

Yeah that disco ball was awsome!! [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]It totally tranformed the crowd when they turned that on!