Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 10-05-2006, 03:49 AM   #31
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

the first scene opened on a close up of someone's eye again.. this time it was juliet's..

i thought it was really good.. the beginning was kind of shocking, i thought we were in suburbia then i was like.. wtf? i got the parallel universe feeling again..

i didn't know this but i guess you can watch the most recent episodes for free online on abc.com.. the lost premier is available tomorrow in case you missed it

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

^ there's the direct link
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #32
cprolsen
Parent of a lil Eskimo

Sadly though Lost always provides more questions than anwsers! For every little scrap of information they give you they pose 20 more questions. The situation is getting very frustrating, but I always keep watching thinking they will tell us more. The big question I had was how did they have all that information on Jack and his Dad's autopsy? WTF? crazy crazy!

Cheers
cprolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:14 AM   #33
Greenmeanie
green and mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali
i had completely forgotten that mr. eko was the heroin guy in oz. i found out today

I've been staying away from this thread cos I didn't want to know stuff but I had a sneaky look and ^^ omygod!! I can't believe all this time I didn't realise that Mr. Eko and Adebisi are the same actor!! Thanks for posting. I miss Oz
Greenmeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:58 AM   #34
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

last night's episode was mystical and intriguing.. and kind of trippy! highlights for me were the secret garden and desmond in the buff

when charlie was with locke hunting the polar bear this part made me laugh out loud

"i used to get high and watch nature shows on the beeb.. polar bears are meant to be clever.. very clever.. they're like the einsteins of the bear community."

poor mr. eco tho
Old 10-20-2006, 01:48 PM   #35
Greenmeanie
green and mean

I think he'll be okay. He'd better be - Mr Eko is the best character. Eugh I just find Charlie really irritating The way he was being all 'clever' when Locke appeared and was mute - shut the f*** up! Apart from him, was great! Oh and I also appreciated Desmond losing his clothes
Old 10-22-2006, 01:47 AM   #36
reborn_enoch
Reborn Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
i'm like yay! that desmond is going to be a regular this season! oh i love that sexy scotsman
Hey there again!

Raaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr !!

Where did I put that kilt ???? .....
Old 10-22-2006, 01:49 AM   #37
reborn_enoch
Reborn Eskimo

PS I had to stop reading this thread cause I'm only just done with the 2nd series on DVD .... excellent show, love it.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:03 AM   #38
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborn_enoch
Hey there again!

Raaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr !!

Where did I put that kilt ???? .....

mmm men in kilts
Old 11-02-2006, 04:30 AM   #39
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

if you didn't see tonight's episode, stop reading.

did that really happen? did they killed him? they ruined the show, what were they thinking? he was the best character on that island. bastards

Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #40
Greenmeanie
green and mean

I just watched it now!!!! No - it can't be!!!!

The only way out, I thought, would be that maybe it wasn't him, maybe it was the thing that was his brother, since it turned out his brother wasn't really his brother (if you know what I mean there). I hope!!! You're right, if he's gone it's ruined for me too Best character by far.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:23 AM   #41
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

i missed it last night

now i don't know if i want to know what happened
Old 11-05-2006, 12:38 AM   #42
Bumpman

I think it was genius, they're setting the series up to be something no-one expected it to be: unafraid to kill the thing that makes everyone love it. Did anyone else think that the timing of killing off one of the most beloved characters on the show, and threatening to kill (arguably) the most beloved of all was a bit more then convenient. (By the way, if anyone didn't see the previews for episode six, they're coming pretty close to killing Sawyer)... It was definitely the most shocking twist I've seen in it in the 50+ episodes thus far... Completely f*cking unexpected.

And incredibly upsetting, I do agree that it's hard to see how it could ever be the same again. I have complete faith in the writers though...

Last edited by Bumpman; 11-05-2006 at 12:40 AM.
Bumpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:34 AM   #43
Greenmeanie
green and mean

It's weird cos Eko hasn't been in it that long, but it's a testament to both the writers and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (yes I cut and paste that) that he's so loved. He also played my favourite charcter in Oz, despite his raping spree... Devastating, but you're right Bumpman, I'm sure it'll come good in the end. I still think he may come back, in some other form maybe *crosses fingers and everything else that can be crossed*

Having said that, Kill off Sawyer and I will hunt said writers down...

EDIT: Just read that he asked to be written out after losing both his parents http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Adewale_Akinnuoye-Agbaje
How terribly sad Guess he won't be coming back then

Last edited by Greenmeanie; 11-05-2006 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:35 AM   #44
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
ah for gods sake, it says "only viewers in the united states may watch these full-length episodes..."

i finally needed to watch it and ABC screw me up the bum... shower of..

i downloaded 1-5 but number 4 wont work now, i downloaded it twice and no cigar.. bollocks if im waiting 2 weeks for it to catch up on tv

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:51 AM   #45
come2whereimfrom
Lil Bit Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet
So you're starting a thread for:
"The Sopranos"?
"Six Feet Under"?
"The Wire"?
"Oz"? (Harold Perrineu's previous genius series)
"Deadwood"?
"Curb Your Enthusiasm"?
"Rescue Me"?
"The Shield"?
"Weeds"?
"Homicide: Life on the Streets"?
"Monty Python's Flying Circus"?
"Seinfeld"?
"The Simpsons"?
"Curb Your Enthusiasm"?
"South Park"?

Someone forgot to mention "Arrested Development". Freaking funniest show ever!

And in regards to Lost:

I was totally bummed when they killed off eko... i mean WTF!

Also, I watched the first 2 seasons on dvd in the span of like 2 weeks so this wait every week and sit through a bazillion commercials is kinda new to me and i gotta tell ya... it really sucks ass.

It almost makes me wanna just wait til its over and download it all on itunes. But that would take too much will power that I dont have so im just gonna have to deal with it
"You think I don't appreciate art? You think I don't understand fashion? You think I'm not hip? You think I'm pathetic? A nerd? A lard-ass fat-so? You think I'm sh*t? Well, you're wrong, 'cause i'm champagne, and you're sh*t. Until the day you die, you, not me, will always be sh*t."
come2whereimfrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:39 AM   #46
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate
ah for gods sake, it says "only viewers in the united states may watch these full-length episodes..."

i finally needed to watch it and ABC screw me up the bum... shower of..

i downloaded 1-5 but number 4 wont work now, i downloaded it twice and no cigar.. bollocks if im waiting 2 weeks for it to catch up on tv
really? try setting your time zone to u.s. eastern (GMT -5) or something, it worked for the 9 stream..

or here, maybe bumpman has a good bt link for episode 4.. seano, help a brother out?
Old 11-10-2006, 01:14 AM   #47
Bumpman

Well, I get all my episodes from The Pirate Bay, that ABC stream reads by IP though, not the clock, so it won't be fooled unless you connect by proxy or something, and that would just be plain crazy. If you want a reasonably fast download of it on DivX though, then Projectw.org will have it, they have a thread concerning Lost.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:44 PM   #48
Greenmeanie
green and mean

No more lost til february At least Sawyer's not dead
Old 01-05-2007, 01:18 AM   #49
Nine
Inuit

i would be so devastated if sawyer died...
he's the most incredible thing that ever graced my eyes with his presence :P

(except damien of course!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
I think it was genius, they're setting the series up to be something no-one expected it to be: unafraid to kill the thing that makes everyone love it. Did anyone else think that the timing of killing off one of the most beloved characters on the show, and threatening to kill (arguably) the most beloved of all was a bit more then convenient. (By the way, if anyone didn't see the previews for episode six, they're coming pretty close to killing Sawyer)... It was definitely the most shocking twist I've seen in it in the 50+ episodes thus far... Completely f*cking unexpected.

And incredibly upsetting, I do agree that it's hard to see how it could ever be the same again. I have complete faith in the writers though...
i agree, i really admire the writers for being different enough to do that and not following the generic us drama format.

cant wait til feb!
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:12 AM   #50
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

listen. desmond has become unstuck in time..

now that time travel has entered into the plot line, lost is officially my favorite show of all time i noticed that a couple of books showed up in earlier episodes that foreshadowed the time travel theme, and i always kind of wondered about it but it never tied in until this last episode

the first episode back was last week, it kind of had a "luke, i am your father" moment.. shades of clockwork orange too..

is anyone else watching? didn't the new episodes start over there tonight or something?
Old 02-17-2007, 06:18 AM   #51
Topspin047
tennis pro

i don't want charlie to diee.. : (
Old 02-17-2007, 12:16 PM   #52
Bumpman

What an incredible episode, I never saw the thing with Charlie coming. They've never done an episode like that before... It was a genuine shock.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:59 AM   #53
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

i think charlie's a goner, poor guy

i thought it was ironic (and kind of funny) what with all of the flashbacks in the show, that desmond was the one to realize he was in a flashback and was experiencing flashforwards too.. i still say he's a key element in what's going on with the island.. i've always gotten a very jesus-y vibe from him, and he already sacrificed himself once by turning the key and getting blown out of space/time.. i think in the end he will be key to the resolution of a lot of the mysteries and maybe even everyone's salvation
Old 02-19-2007, 03:11 AM   #54
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Lost is one of my favorite shows, but I feel like it's going downhill fast. It used to be huge but I don't think it's ratings are that great anymore. Ratings were soarin when the played Damo, but ever since they have steadily declined. Coincidence? I think not.

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:14 AM   #55
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

oh and P.S. if Sawyer dies, I will stop watching, because the main reason I watch it in the first place is too see Sawyer half naked for 10 minutes a week. The southern accent and bad boy demeanor make me swoon.....

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:30 AM   #56
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

it's the irish and scottish accents that make me swoon, southern accents do nothing for me.. but yes hurrah for bad boys, god love em.. they're every girl's dream and every daddy's nightmare
Old 02-19-2007, 03:40 AM   #57
Nine
Inuit

SAWYER IS GOD

my lord, that man is ridiculously attractive in everyway - what an accent, what a body, what a character....

Desmond is also scrummy.

And I agree - this episode was absolutely brilliant. I genuinely don't understand why the ratings are plummeting, I know they are - but as far as I'm concerned it just gets better and better.

I trust everyone is noticing all the Wizard Of Oz references.... there was a reeeally big one in this ep.

Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:19 AM   #58
Topspin047
tennis pro

haha i never expected lost to last too long 'cause j.j.abrams produced it, and all the shows he produces are amazing the first few seasons then he runs out of storylines and repeats eppys forever and ratings decline and the show dies. it's a trend.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:44 AM   #59
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

Lost is a ballin show!! i missed the first one of the half season or whatever the hell it is cause of someone being trigger happy. i need VHS so i can tape sh*t again!
carvinC980t_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:07 PM   #60
Bumpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
And I agree - this episode was absolutely brilliant. I genuinely don't understand why the ratings are plummeting, I know they are - but as far as I'm concerned it just gets better and better.
Don't believe too much of what you read. At the moment there's this huge thing in the media where all the reviewers are waiting around for the show to collapse, and every time even the smallest thing happens they start making a huge fuss. In reality the second season had an average of 15.5 million viewers in the states, the seventh episode of the third series had 14.5 million viewers in the states. That's not much of a basis for making a fuss. In fact it's good news, considering that they were able to retain almost 15 million American viewers after two seperate three month breaks.