Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 11-03-2015, 02:44 AM   #1
LisaHanniganChile
Eskimo Friend

Default Damien Rice in Perú - 0ct 31, 2015

This I found in the event in Perú. One of the girls made the following review.

"For a dream come true.
Yesterday was a journey of memories: some good, some bad and some sad ... I wait for this for so many years.
The opening was by Peruvian artist Cristina Valentina [...] Then came the hour, although people arrived late and taking pictures with flash. Damien came there with the simplicity that characterizes him, singing "Delicate": had started the night, my night.
Damien invited a fan to sing "Cold Water", making everyone screamed of happiness.
Finished "The Greatest Bastard" Damien invited Valentina Cristina singing a song called "Here it Comes", while he sits to listen.
After the cooperation of Valentina Cristina, invites her to stay to singing "Volcano", and the public also was part of the choir. It was a great closing.
The public was not as expressive as in Argentina or Chile, but we will improve."

Here's the Setlist:

From what I've read there was no After Show. The theater was much larger than in the rest of the countries. And between 4 exit doors, only about 25 people managed to see Damien.

He walked out the door 4, took time to talk to people, to say goodbye to them and give them lots of hugs, but explained that he could not sing because I had flight the next day, in the morning. So he needed rest.

Photos of the concert in Perú: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1338935&type=3

PS: Do not want to be controversial, but I am surprised that in "Eskimo Friends" has made a thread about "South America", and not about every country in South America where Damien was. In that case, should only be 5 thread: America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia. Bye countries and cities! I think that's fair.
Sure, I know that most people have no idea of South America, but that is not our fault. I think that is a lack of respect. Sorry.

Last edited by LisaHanniganChile; 11-03-2015 at 01:29 PM.
LisaHanniganChile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:05 AM   #2
NeoRice
Eskimo Baby

I am glad that the good people of Peru also had the opportunity to know the humility of a true artist as it is Damien.

Thank you very much for the review and photos, Constanza!
NeoRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:52 AM   #3
verenita
... trusty and true ...

thank you for sharing!
Old 11-04-2015, 06:21 AM   #4
carrroline
person

Quote:
PS: Do not want to be controversial, but I am surprised that in "Eskimo Friends" has made a thread about "South America", and not about every country in South America where Damien was. In that case, should only be 5 thread: America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia. Bye countries and cities! I think that's fair.
Sure, I know that most people have no idea of South America, but that is not our fault. I think that is a lack of respect. Sorry.
You've posted this in your other thread as well. I think once was enough. It's also not true.
EF is one on the kindest, warmest online communities I know.
carrroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:07 AM   #5
LisaHanniganChile
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrroline View Post
You've posted this in your other thread as well. I think once was enough. It's also not true.
EF is one on the kindest, warmest online communities I know.
For me that post is true, so ... Also, that phrase applies to every show of Damien in Latin America. I did not say it angry, only was a comment. If some people don't like it, bad luck.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:08 AM   #6
LisaHanniganChile
Eskimo Friend

Full concert in Perú. The video is not perfect, but it looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riq8wP1KCCc
Old 11-04-2015, 11:12 PM   #7
verenita
... trusty and true ...

thanks a mill!
Old 11-05-2015, 01:16 PM   #8
damien lisa
am i breaking u

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaHanniganChile View Post

for me, i don't like to be called asian too, i'm vietnamese. It's fine if u just met me. But the foreign come to vietnam, know that i'm native and still call me asian. That suck.

but what u mention is not the things going on here, eskimofriends. It's "lazy situation", like the ungraceful way we treated to 2015 http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/s...t=17168&page=3

c'mon, don't let that happen to 2016
Old 11-05-2015, 02:35 PM   #9
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^what you guys talking about?
you're exaggerating a tiny bit

for instance, now, there is no Bogota thread, but also no Bogota news, no one from Bogota has posted the setlist... it´s just lack of people, not a CIA-esque conspiracy theory against Bogota

chill out
Old 11-05-2015, 03:09 PM   #10
carrroline
person

^ tis ridiculous
carrroline is offline   Reply With Quote