Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 10-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #1
DesoleInBoston
Eskimo Regular

Default New York/Brookyn locals or seasoned NY travellers

Can you recommend good bars in the immediate proximity of the Warsaw and The Box? I can do the same for you if he ever comes back to Boston

Thanks!
DesoleInBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
thewrightowns
Eskimo Baby

Or pizza places
thewrightowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #3
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

Near Warsaw I'd recommend Manhattan Inn, No Name Bar, and Bar Matchless. Enid's has drinks, but it's mostly a sit down restaurant. Good food though. Vinnie's does pizza by the slice, so it's easy to grab one and then walk out to go wait in line.

Near The Box, I'm thinking either Freeman's or Sweet and Vicious. I might've found myself amongst a lot of Irishmen at Sweet and Vicious after a Hozier gig earlier this year.
signalfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #4
DesoleInBoston
Eskimo Regular

Thank you so much!
DesoleInBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:41 PM   #5
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

You're quite welcome. My sister lives in the same neighborhood as Warsaw. We walked past it on Sunday, and I gave a little wistful sigh. I don't know if anyone's vegan/vegetarian/can enjoy things without meat, but Champs Junior is a quick little sandwich shop nearby. I'm a vegetarian myself and highly recommend it.

I'm sure that people will probably be figuring out the line situation by the time I get there Friday, but I'd be happy to have brunch/a drink with anyone before the Saturday show.
signalfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:52 PM   #6
jwelsh8
Eskimo Friend

If you are fan of beer, I would recommend Torst, which could very well be the best beer bar in all of New York City. That is just a few blocks away from Warsaw. 21 closely watched taps filled with unique beer from all over the world.

And for The Box tomorrow, a good beer bar is Randolph Beer on Broome Street.
jwelsh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:31 AM   #7
blindmelonade
Eskimo Friend

Anyone want to meet up tomorrow? I'm headed to Penn station from NJ at around 230pm by myself because I could only secure one ticket...
blindmelonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:29 PM   #8
LilyT
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalfire View Post
You're quite welcome. My sister lives in the same neighborhood as Warsaw. We walked past it on Sunday, and I gave a little wistful sigh. I don't know if anyone's vegan/vegetarian/can enjoy things without meat, but Champs Junior is a quick little sandwich shop nearby. I'm a vegetarian myself and highly recommend it.

I'm sure that people will probably be figuring out the line situation by the time I get there Friday, but I'd be happy to have brunch/a drink with anyone before the Saturday show.
Ohhh I wish I had seen this before I went back to VA! On Friday we ate in a little place in Queens that served fake chicken and tempeh sandwiches and on Saturday I tried a beet burger at Blossom du Jour in Hells Kitchen. So good!
LilyT is offline   Reply With Quote