AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Default 11/13/06 El Rey - Los Angeles Download here

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=501796

Damien Rice
November 13, 2006
El Rey Theatre - Los Angeles, CA

Taper: Jon Koch
Source: Schoeps MK4 > active cables > Nbox+ > IRiver iHP-120 (Rockbox)
Transfer: IRiver iHP-120 > USB > PC
Edit: wav > Sony Soundforge 7.0b > wav > CD Wave > wav
Conversion: wav > FLAC frontend 1.7.1 > .flac

---PRESERVE THE QUALITY, PLEASE DO NOT ENCODE INTO MP3 OTHER THAN FOR PERSONAL USE---

Disc 1:

01: Intro [00:48]
02: Cannonball* [04:01]
03: Delicate [06:06]
04: I Remember [10:23]
05: Rootless Tree [05:52]
06: Childish [03:22]
07: The Animals Were Gone (false start) [00:39]
08: The Animals Were Gone [05:20]
08: Volcano > [06:02]
10: Then Go > [09:10]
11: Coconut Skins [05:52]
12: The Professor/La Fille Danse [05:30]
Total: [63:05]

Disc 2:

01: 9 Crimes [06:55]
02: Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots#@ [04:23]
03: Eskimo [06:19]
04: Elephant > [06:58]
05: Toffee Pop > [03:43]
06: The Blower's Daughter [06:14]
07: Encore break [02:48]
08: Accidental Babies* [09:47]
09: (Amie) > (The Rat Within The Grain) > (Lonelily) > [08:51]
(Grey Room) > (Cross-Eyed Bear) > (Bottom Shelf) >
10: Cold Water [09:07]
Total: [65:05]

() indicates partial song
* Damien solo
# Vyvienne solo
@ Flaming Lips cover

Notes: If you're going to use your digital camera at shows please turn off the
damn shutter sound. Thank you.
Hiss at quiet parts directly from the PA system.
Never pay for or sell live recordings.

Compiled on 11.14.06
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:13 AM
SisterMidnight
This message has been deleted by SisterMidnight.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:17 AM   #2
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

wow that was fast... thank you jon!
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
jonjin
Eskimo Baby

Another big thank you from me!

JJ
jonjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:55 AM   #4
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Thanks for getting it up here so quickly! This totally made my day!
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #5
dmbo
Eskimo Baby

Thanks a lot jon !
Old 11-15-2006, 02:46 PM   #6
Emelie
I drank a lavalamp...

Now I have something to keep me going for at least another week before he comes to sweden... Thank you!
Emelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
Ramalama
Eskimo Friend

That was a great recording. Amazing quality. Thanks for sharing.
Ramalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:11 PM   #8
Delonelyman
Eskimo Friend

thanks for you hard work
thank you!!
Delonelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:58 PM   #9
flutterby
Eskimo Friend

edited

Last edited by flutterby; 11-15-2006 at 08:16 PM.
flutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:17 PM   #10
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutterby
if anyone has it in mp3, and could up that for me i would be forever grateful

also if anyone wants to check out video from the fingerprints show its on my myspace

http://www.myspace.com/ms_m
Quote:
---PRESERVE THE QUALITY, PLEASE DO NOT ENCODE INTO MP3 OTHER THAN FOR PERSONAL USE---
and again, i'd ask that this not be done. there are plenty of alternatives.

Last edited by AllThatLies; 11-15-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:25 PM   #11
Emelie
I drank a lavalamp...

I've encoded it just to be able to get it on my iPod.. Well, not to mp3, but it's still not flac anymore.. What are these alternatives you talk about?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:25 PM   #12
flutterby
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThatLies
and again, i'd ask that this not be done. there are plenty of alternatives.

ok sorry, im just not torrent ready, or whatever.
ill get it elsewhere.
btw...besides setting up the torrent thing, or asking the question you dont want me to, what are the other alternatives you suggest?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:29 PM   #13
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
ok sorry, im just not torrent ready, or whatever.
ill get it elsewhere.
btw...besides setting up the torrent thing, or asking the question you dont want me to, what are the other alternatives you suggest?
i'm sure people here would be happy to b&p the show for you. i also do not see why you could not take a little time to educate yourself and learn about using bit torrent, it'll be beneficial for you i'm sure. the show will also (at some point in the relatively soon future) be hosted on my personal site so you could download the flac files directly from there.

i'm sorry but it just bugs me when people want to go against the small request that is made by those that tape shows and have to have mp3s because they are, generally speaking, too lazy to read about bit torrent/flac/etc

all that said, i can't stop people from doing what they want
Old 11-15-2006, 06:36 PM   #14
flutterby
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
i'm sure people here would be happy to b&p the show for you. i also do not see why you could not take a little time to educate yourself and learn about using bit torrent, it'll be beneficial for you i'm sure. the show will also (at some point in the relatively soon future) be hosted on my personal site so you could download the flac files directly from there.

i'm sorry but it just bugs me when people want to go against the small request that is made by those that tape shows and have to have mp3s because they are, generally speaking, too lazy to read about bit torrent/flac/etc

all that said, i can't stop people from doing what they want
yes i realize at some point i might have to learn about torrents but for right now, i dont usually need to. i get my music elsewhere and generally if someone has something i want they give it to me in mp3, or have no qualms about converting it for me. sorry, i wasnt trying to go against your wishes. but you did say for personal use, and i would have personally used it. i didnt mean to bug you with my laziness.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:39 PM   #15
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Little question from someone trying to learn about torrents. I think I managed the downloading part and now I got this flac files. Never seen/heard about flac files ever in my life so I don't know how to open them so that I can listen to the files. I just wanna listen, not publish them or anything. Could anyone help in here, please pretty please??
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:41 PM   #16
Emelie
I drank a lavalamp...

If you want to listen to them as flac files, I can't help you, but if you want to convert them to something else, dbpoweramp always work fine!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #17
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

for an act that has so many shows taped i'm amazed at how little the community seems to know.

flac and shn are the standard format all live shows of all acts are circulated in. they're good things to know about. you can convert wav to flac and flac to wav easily using flac frontend. http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html
Old 11-15-2006, 06:51 PM   #18
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
yes i realize at some point i might have to learn about torrents but for right now, i dont usually need to. i get my music elsewhere and generally if someone has something i want they give it to me in mp3, or have no qualms about converting it for me. sorry, i wasnt trying to go against your wishes. but you did say for personal use, and i would have personally used it. i didnt mean to bug you with my laziness.
yes, but you asked someone else to convert it for you = mp3s online = mp3s spread = people start to burn and trade mp3s = nobody has the better quality version anymore, just a bunch of transcoded inferior mp3s all over the place. www.damienricetrading.tk has a lot of info for you as well on taping/trading/damien/etc

and of course, if you want mp3s there's always the option of going to a show yourself and recording it with what you have onto your mp3 player
Old 11-15-2006, 06:52 PM   #19
bryce5.23.88
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
Little question from someone trying to learn about torrents. I think I managed the downloading part and now I got this flac files. Never seen/heard about flac files ever in my life so I don't know how to open them so that I can listen to the files. I just wanna listen, not publish them or anything. Could anyone help in here, please pretty please??

search for "FLAC frontend" on google. Download the program. It's very easy to use, just drag the files into the box, and it will put .WAV versions of the files in the source folder. Then you can burn those onto an audio cd.

Having shows in mp3 is totally fine, as long as you don't pass them on to other people. I put all my best shows into mp3 or m4a files so that i can put them on my ipod. You just can't advertise "I have this show in mp3" because then people will want it, and you start watering down the trading pool with poor quality files.

Miriam, this was my first time using bit torrent. All you need is a program like Azureus. You click on the link above, and download the file... it seems like it will take forever (mine said it would take 14 hours). I left my computer running overnight, and this morning, the show was downloaded.
bryce5.23.88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:56 PM   #20
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Thanks for the feedback on Flap files!! Gonna try!!!

By the way, I used this Azareus today for the first time and it took me maybe 30 minutes max to get the show!!!!
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:59 PM   #21
flutterby
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
yes, but you asked someone else to convert it for you = mp3s online = mp3s spread = people start to burn and trade mp3s = nobody has the better quality version anymore, just a bunch of transcoded inferior mp3s all over the place. www.damienricetrading.tk has a lot of info for you as well on taping/trading/damien/etc

and of course, if you want mp3s there's always the option of going to a show yourself and recording it with what you have onto your mp3 player
well if it was pmed to me then it wouldn't be all over the place. but whatever. maybe one day i will get a mp3 player and learn lots of stuff about torrents. maybe not.
the other bootlegs i have gotten of him, the taper posted it in mp3's. (it wasnt fromt his board)
but like i said before i will get it elsewhere.
i suppose i could have been a video snob and refused to convert and compress my videos, to preserve the quality, but i dont see the point in having such wonderful things and not sharing with everyone.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:32 PM   #22
ste_swann
Stupidest Eskimo

Thanks a lot for posting this!!! I can't wait to hear it
ste_swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:32 PM   #23
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
well if it was pmed to me then it wouldn't be all over the place. but whatever. maybe one day i will get a mp3 player and learn lots of stuff about torrents. maybe not.
the other bootlegs i have gotten of him, the taper posted it in mp3's. (it wasnt fromt his board)
but like i said before i will get it elsewhere.
i suppose i could have been a video snob and refused to convert and compress my videos, to preserve the quality, but i dont see the point in having such wonderful things and not sharing with everyone.
hey, guess what, it is being shared with everyone. if there's a free show somewhere and you don't have a car and refuse to take the bus to it, that doesn't mean it isn't still free for everone including yourself. i'm just trying to preserve the quality here so EVERYONE can listen to the best possible sounding source. if you wanted to hang a painting on your wall would you want the original or a picture somebody took with a digital camera and then printed out?

as for other "bootlegs" (also an incorrect term by the way) and other tapers, there are very few that would spread the show in mp3. those that would likely recorded it in mp3 and didn't really know what they were doing or don't care about others getting a good version. i may do that from time to time too when i just don't care, but i always ask people to only use it for personal use and not trade it.

and as far as your videos are concerned, i personally doubt you converted and compressed your videos much if at all. my guess would be you transferred them directly from your camera and uploaded them because you don't want to take the time to find out how to encode/compress/etc. i'd love to actually be wrong on this...

Last edited by AllThatLies; 11-15-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:52 PM   #24
flutterby
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
hey, guess what, it is being shared with everyone. if there's a free show somewhere and you don't have a car and refuse to take the bus to it, that doesn't mean it isn't still free for everone including yourself. i'm just trying to preserve the quality here so EVERYONE can listen to the best possible sounding source. if you wanted to hang a painting on your wall would you want the original or a picture somebody took with a digital camera and then printed out?

as for other "bootlegs" (also an incorrect term by the way) and other tapers, there are very few that would spread the show in mp3. those that would likely recorded it in mp3 and didn't really know what they were doing or don't care about others getting a good version. i may do that from time to time too when i just don't care, but i always ask people to only use it for personal use and not trade it.

and as far as your videos are concerned, i personally doubt you converted and compressed your videos much if at all. my guess would be you transferred them directly from your camera and uploaded them because you don't want to take the time to find out how to encode/compress/etc. i'd love to actually be wrong on this...
first i didnt say you weren't putting it out there for everyone. i was making a statement that i was willing to convert and compress my videos to share with others, even though quality was compromised. i can understand you wanting to preserve the quality. as for your accusation that i did not in fact convert and compress my videos, HA! first of all it wasn't even my camcorder, i don't own one, so i had to figure our how to get the video from the camcorder to my laptop, that took a few hours. then i realized the video files were going to be about the size of half my hard drive. (15 gb) ouch! so the next night as i was waiting in line for the el rey show, i met a guy who told me to use the windows media encoder thing to compress the files. so last night i downloaded that and figured out how to convert the files in to wma files and in the process compress the **** out of them to a manageable and up-loadable size, so i could share with people, and and have my hard drive back. so really, thank you for doubting me when i said i did something. but as a general rule, i do what i say im going to do and i told alot of people i would get this video up for them, so i had to figure it out.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:05 PM   #25
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
first i didnt say you weren't putting it out there for everyone. i was making a statement that i was willing to convert and compress my videos to share with others, even though quality was compromised. i can understand you wanting to preserve the quality. as for your accusation that i did not in fact convert and compress my videos, HA! first of all it wasn't even my camcorder, i don't own one, so i had to figure our how to get the video from the camcorder to my laptop, that took a few hours. then i realized the video files were going to be about the size of half my hard drive. (15 gb) ouch! so the next night as i was waiting in line for the el rey show, i met a guy who told me to use the windows media encoder thing to compress the files. so last night i downloaded that and figured out how to convert the files in to wma files and in the process compress the **** out of them to a manageable and up-loadable size, so i could share with people, and and have my hard drive back. so really, thank you for doubting me when i said i did something. but as a general rule, i do what i say im going to do and i told alot of people i would get this video up for them, so i had to figure it out.
well good. at least you have some motivation
not sure why you're so stuck on not getting the torrent/flacs then though. just a fan of the easy way out even when you compromise quality?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:15 PM   #26
flutterby
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
well good. at least you have some motivation
not sure why you're so stuck on not getting the torrent/flacs then though. just a fan of the easy way out even when you compromise quality?
im not anti-torrents. i just haven't ever used them and the few times i have tried to figure it out, i got super confused. i have asked people to explain it to me, and it makes very little sense. and frankly i never really needed to b/c i was always able to get whatever i wanted other ways. its never actually been a problem.
also im at work right now, and i cant be downloading a torrent program at work. i dont think that would go over so well. i have lots of motivation for many things. but sometimes when i feel like something is overwhelming and there are other options i prefer the other options.
btw...i dont think it would have been possible for me to upload those videos without converting and compressing them. youtube and myspace both have a 100mb max. for uploads. if there was a way, well boo! b/c i spent like 5 hours last night doing it.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:25 PM   #27
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
im not anti-torrents. i just haven't ever used them and the few times i have tried to figure it out, i got super confused. i have asked people to explain it to me, and it makes very little sense. and frankly i never really needed to b/c i was always able to get whatever i wanted other ways. its never actually been a problem.
also im at work right now, and i cant be downloading a torrent program at work. i dont think that would go over so well. i have lots of motivation for many things. but sometimes when i feel like something is overwhelming and there are other options i prefer the other options.
btw...i dont think it would have been possible for me to upload those videos without converting and compressing them. youtube and myspace both have a 100mb max. for uploads. if there was a way, well boo! b/c i spent like 5 hours last night doing it.
honestly for the torrent you download a torrent program, download a torrent, run the torrent, tell it a place to save. wait until it says it's done. that's about it. now if you have to open/forward ports, etc, then it could be a pain but not everyone needs to do that sort of thing.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:32 PM   #28
Rannveig
Lives Near an Eskimo

Jon, you are an angel, i'm listening to it as i type..quality is just amazing....Thanks a lot!

And yes, about the torrent, i suggest Utorrent, much less complicated than others....http://www.utorrent.com/
Old 11-15-2006, 08:57 PM   #29
J.M.C
Eskimo

I have been reading about all this abit. I just got bit torrent, a player that plays flac files and the damo file. Plz help me with afew questions...

1, Is this all I need
2, Its gona take bout 3 hours to get ths full show with broadband, is that about right?
Old 11-15-2006, 09:03 PM   #30
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.C
I have been reading about all this abit. I just got bit torrent, a player that plays flac files and the damo file. Plz help me with afew questions...

1, Is this all I need
2, Its gona take bout 3 hours to get ths full show with broadband, is that about right?
you need to run the torrent file and have it download the actual show. it can take any amount of time. it depends on how many people you connect to, how many people are downloading, how many people have the full show and are sharing, etc, etc. your download rate could be anywhere from 5k/s to 400k/s. only way to find out for sure is to try it