Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 01-07-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Default The 2010 What Made You Smile Thread

someone that i do care about is, finally, safe. my soul feels peace now

oh... and my little brother got engaged tonight. i´m so happy (and very proud ) for him.

Last edited by verenita; 01-07-2010 at 12:48 PM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:13 AM   #2
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

^ Congrats to your little brother!

Jump Roping!!! Jump roping as a form of high intensity interval training is the best workout I have ever experienced.

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

Congrats to your little brother, ve! Tell him to help his wife-to-be organizing the wedding and not necessarily waiting for her to tell him what to do, it can be quite tiring - I know what I'm talking about
Old 01-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #4
insanebaby
Eskimo Friend

verenita, matrimonio feliz to your brother and his future wife and you please take care and have lots of fun at their wedding
insanebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
verenita
... trusty and true ...

thanks to you all... i´ll tell him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
Congrats to your little brother, ve! Tell him to help his wife-to-be organizing the wedding and not necessarily waiting for her to tell him what to do, it can be quite tiring - I know what I'm talking about
well, there´s not wedding date yet, but as much as i know my brother, he´ll organize almost everything (of course, not the wedding dress ).
Old 01-08-2010, 02:37 AM   #6
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

well, technically it was yesterday, but for me, as i'm still awake at half three in the morning, it's still today... we were having a look at potential rings today and it actually looks like we've found our place to get them. but i tell you people, it was such a weird feeling to have a potential ring on your finger that might going to be your wedding ring... you can't imagine how it is until that thing is on your finger. actually, it was a little bit scary that i'm at this point in my life. but i've got another almost 7 months to get used to the thought of being a wife. everything that evolves around this contract, that you make with another human being... it just dissolves really slowly, what it actually means. i mean, you plainly know what it's about but you can't really get it with your heart until you're there. that's at least how i feel. i mean, if you'd told me one year ago that i'm going to marry the following year and that i'll be planning to found a family with someone, i would've laughed at you. yes, i would have dreamed of it, but i wouldn't have thought that it was actually going to happen. for me this is a miracle that's happening to me and you can't imagine how happy and fulfilled it makes me. and especially to know that there's someone that wants to do exactly the same thing with me. it's a whole new world that's opening its doors for me and at the moment it's just slightly ajar. i can't wait to see what's behind it!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:10 AM
Gatsby
This message has been deleted by Gatsby.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
insanebaby
Eskimo Friend

^hope this miracle stays a miracle till death tears you apart congrats!!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #8
Rai
Eskimontologist

It seems that a "new" The Mary Janes record has surfaced from the depths and is awesome.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
Emelie
I drank a lavalamp...

I got an adorable email with only two sentences but it made my heart skip a couple of beats
Emelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
insanebaby
Eskimo Friend

oh, c'mon.. i'm sure your boyfriend or whoever wrote you that email is not reading this topic, so please , have mercy on us and share those 2 sentences.. unless it's an inside thing or whatsoever..
Old 01-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #11
insanebaby
Eskimo Friend

my girlfriend showing unannounced, i was expecting her to come visit me on the 8th of February, not January
Old 01-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #12
Emelie
I drank a lavalamp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanebaby View Post
oh, c'mon.. i'm sure your boyfriend or whoever wrote you that email is not reading this topic, so please , have mercy on us and share those 2 sentences.. unless it's an inside thing or whatsoever..
haha, he's not my boyfriend, but I'm working on it :P And it wasn't really anything romantic or interesting in that way, it's just that I could read into those words that I'm on his mind at least some of the time, and right now that's fúcking superb as far as I'm concerned

and congrats on your gf, that's awesome
Old 01-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #13
insanebaby
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emelie View Post
it's just that I could read into those words that I'm on his mind
know the feeling.. well, good luck then just be careful, don't screw his mind too much

thanks, now at least for a couple of days i'll finally get the chance to relax and enjoy life
Old 01-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #14
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
for me this is a miracle that's happening to me and you can't imagine how happy and fulfilled it makes me. and especially to know that there's someone that wants to do exactly the same thing with me.
i always thought about such thing as a miracle as well, and i´m so so so happy for you to living it, jo! no matter how far i´m from the real thing, i get what you´re saying. beautiful words, by th way

Quote:
thanks, now at least for a couple of days i'll finally get the chance to relax and enjoy life
oh, that sounds lovely enjoy!
and emelie... i´m happy for you too
Old 01-13-2010, 04:11 AM   #15
verenita
... trusty and true ...

so many eskimofriends joined to the igloo
Old 01-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #16
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i just wrote a story about people around the world for my students. it´s quite simple but i´m damn proud of it

(the idea is they will learn names of countries and nationalities in spanish.)
Old 01-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #17
insanebaby
Eskimo Friend

is the story in spanish? want to read it even if it's spanish i think i'll manage.. i can understand french and italian, so spanish or portuguese shouldn't be a problem either.. hopefully
Old 01-18-2010, 11:24 PM   #18
Rai
Eskimontologist

A local bar is holding quiz nights every monday, and our team has won again tody, for the second time in a row.

On both occasions the prize was a litre-bottle of Olmeca Gold tequila, so we have two litres of this fine beverage for a birthday party on Saturday. There will be fun (especially if I can overcome my newly developed drunk insomnia which is about as annoying as it sounds).

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:46 PM   #19
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
is the story in spanish? want to read it even if it's spanish i think i'll manage.. i can understand french and italian, so spanish or portuguese shouldn't be a problem either.. hopefully

oh, sorry i missed this. it´s not a big deal, but if you want to read it, pm me your email adrees.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:11 AM   #20
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
It seems that a "new" The Mary Janes record has surfaced from the depths and is awesome.

Hell yeaaahhh!! Can you believe I had totally forgotten about this!!!!

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #21
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i went to see juana molina live again. she´s perfect at small venues, but yesterday was at an outdoor park (she was part of this free urban music summer sessions or so) and she was the best! so chatty, so funny and extremely fantastic at her issue: music! she really really rocked!

Last edited by verenita; 01-24-2010 at 07:08 PM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #22
Canadian Island
Eskimo Regular

On January 4th I moved to Mülheim/Ruhr in the western part of Germany to be part of a project called "2-3 Straßen" (article in english describing the project). So for the next 11 months I'm living with a group of interesting people and we are already planning some interesting things concerning art. We have painters, musicians, writers, one guy has an exhibition in his flat and another one just finished constructing a dancing robot. I thought I'd share some pictures:

Where the floors have names: My flatmate and I lived in Dublin for the last three weeks, waiting for our third man to arrive.

I came here just with two bags and my guitar. The first thing I bought was a matress, the second thing was this:

The Building I now live in has 20 floors and this is just beneath the roof (next to the sauna):

Our third man never arrived, so this weekend we moved to a smaller flat in Lisbon.

Being one of many authors in this project, this is where I write and live (small part of it):

So, if anyone happens to visit European Capital of Culture RUHR.2010, come and pay us a visit! And bring your bathing suit!
Canadian Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #23
verenita
... trusty and true ...

wow, oliver. that sounds terrific. i´m glad for you. best of luck

ps: i´m sorry you had to leave "dublin"
Old 01-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #24
Joyful
Eskimama

^^ Very cool! Sounds like a great experience!
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #25
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

i wrote the lyrics to a song last year and the guy who wrote the music to it wants to put it on his next cd! i mean, he's not that big (yet) but who knows?! and i'll get some money for everytime played somewhere or a cd sold. and my name's going to be printed on the cd!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #26
verenita
... trusty and true ...

so cool& congrats, jo!
any chance to listen to the song?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #27
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Island View Post
On January 4th I moved to Mülheim/Ruhr in the western part of Germany to be part of a project called "2-3 Straßen" (article in english describing the project). So for the next 11 months I'm living with a group of interesting people and we are already planning some interesting things concerning art. We have painters, musicians, writers, one guy has an exhibition in his flat and another one just finished constructing a dancing robot. I thought I'd share some pictures:

Where the floors have names: My flatmate and I lived in Dublin for the last three weeks, waiting for our third man to arrive.

I came here just with two bags and my guitar. The first thing I bought was a matress, the second thing was this:

The Building I now live in has 20 floors and this is just beneath the roof (next to the sauna):

Our third man never arrived, so this weekend we moved to a smaller flat in Lisbon.

Being one of many authors in this project, this is where I write and live (small part of it):

So, if anyone happens to visit European Capital of Culture RUHR.2010, come and pay us a visit! And bring your bathing suit!
This is bloody amazing, I WANT TO LIVE THERE!!
Old 01-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #28
Canadian Island
Eskimo Regular

^ Well, there are a few free rooms left. Still I don't know how high chances are by now, but I can ask. There's a meeting tomorrow. Anyone else interested?
Canadian Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #29
cille
creepycute

Well, we have the flat and all and we want to keep it, but I definately dream of living in a place like yours.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #30
Emelie
I drank a lavalamp...

I'm having the first really good day in what feels like weeks. I'm just savouring it while it lasts