Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 12:36 AM   #1
seanbryantkbq
Eskimo Baby

Default Heffa label

Hi everyone my name is Sean. Does anyone know if thier is a website for Heffa or an email for the label? That would help very much. Thank you.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:42 AM   #2
Nine
Inuit

ahhh another Sean

i have no idea, but if you find out, let me know. Intreguing.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:37 AM   #3
Niko
Eskimo Regular

The old "DRM" label website was just a part of the old-style damienrice.com site. I'm guessing if there is a Heffa website, it'll come up at the same time as when the official site finally makes its reappearance.

Woohoo, four uses of "website" or "site" in two sentences!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
Nine
Inuit

so, never then......
the running of dr.com is an absolute joke and an embarrasment.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:26 AM   #5
Niko
Eskimo Regular

Ah, it's not that bad. They just take a relaxed view of things. Nothing wrong with taking your time, it's just that today's society wants everything here and now.

So long as Damien's still out there making music, they can take as long as they want.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:34 AM   #6
Nine
Inuit

It's not so much that I want it now - I just think it's wrong to lead people on.
Give us a date when they may actually think it will be updated - rather than changing it every three days.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:05 AM   #7
Niko
Eskimo Regular

Aye, that's fair enough I guess. Although they're only following Damien's example - he'd been saying the second album was almost ready since about 2002
Old 11-16-2006, 10:10 AM   #8
Bumpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
ahhh another Sean
I changed my name to '…' I think it's better.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:17 AM   #9
mattatatat
Polarbear with sore head

why do u think its an embarrassment?

damienrice.com is actually a really funny place sometimes, the conversation flows freely and you rarely get the same topics coming up twice, its always lively and has some great characters there that really know how to make u giggle....the fact that its not governed, or appears not to be - works for everyone there too, they can say what they want and not have to worry about being censored, when theres no need...and the reason theres no need is because we all govern it by our collective moral consciencesness....when someone comes out with something stupid they are told they are an idiot and if they carry on they are ridiculed...and it works.
its radically changed from when it first started and they had lots of spammers posting nasty pictures, or people coming on just to call other people names and then leave again...its grown into something akin to this place, a community...but it hasnt got the restrictions placed upon the members that this one has....i have shifted my view from being one that believe this place is crap because its censored to accepting it as a place where people who arent quite ready to live in the real world can go to to...like a creche

so this place works too, it accomodates the people that felt scared or out of place there but still wanna talk about to each other under the umbrella that protects them...

...its nice to stand out of the rain for a while
Old 11-16-2006, 10:23 AM   #10
Lovers
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
so, never then......
the running of dr.com is an absolute joke and an embarrasment.

Yes I totally agree with you nine. They are so nasty over there too. The amount of racism and vulgarity over there is apalling. I feel sorry for kids aged between 10 - 16 that are subjected to the profanities and sexual inuendo over there. Surely Damien is worth so much more than that.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:26 AM   #11
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Topic

Old 11-16-2006, 10:28 AM   #12
mattatatat
Polarbear with sore head

i should point out that there are some lost causes that no amount of ridiculing will ever open their eyes too, with them u just have to humour them...

Old 11-16-2006, 10:32 AM   #13
Lovers
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattatatat
i should point out that there are some lost causes that no amount of ridiculing will ever open their eyes too, with them u just have to humour them...

Very true matt, but thats the problem when there is no moderator in place. People do and say what they like. I mean they go on about moustache rides over there all the time. I think that is a highly inappropiate topic for a 14 yr old to be reading. I dont even want to know what a moustache ride is, but I can imagine and you people over there are sick sick sick!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 10:37 AM   #14
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Topic

Old 11-16-2006, 10:38 AM   #15
Niko
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovers
Very true matt, but thats the problem when there is no moderator in place. People do and say what they like. I mean they go on about moustache rides over there all the time. I think that is a highly inappropiate topic for a 14 yr old to be reading. I dont even want to know what a moustache ride is, but I can imagine and you people over there are sick sick sick!!!
If you value moderators so much, Lovers, kindly listen to Wheels when he asks you to get the topic back on track.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:40 AM   #16
Lovers
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels
Topic
My apologies wheels. I take it you a moderator?? I am quite new here. I thought Niko was a moderator or is he just a wannabe??
Old 11-16-2006, 10:46 AM   #17
mattatatat
Polarbear with sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovers

a case in point...

and with regard to the topic changing, i dont see it as a bad thing i was simply responding to someones comments within the thread...

but such is the way with a censored site that the content becomes less important than the rules...
Old 11-16-2006, 10:49 AM   #18
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Quote:
and with regard to the topic changing, i dont see it as a bad thing
If someone asks for information they deserve an answer if one is available. Threads which go off topic prevent the original questioner from finding the information they need easily and prevent others knowing what topic is being discussed in a thread. It makes everyones life a little harder and there is no need for it.

Old 11-16-2006, 10:51 AM   #19
Lovers
Eskimo Baby

Hmm interesting point matt. But prehaps it is better not to change topics within a thread, as it is hard to keep track. I mean you dont want to open a thread that has a title ' Damos upcoming gigs', then find 10 pages of moustache ride references, profanity and sexual inuendo. Surely they belong to another forum altogether.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:52 AM   #20
Lovers
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels
If someone asks for information they deserve an answer if one is available. Threads which go off topic prevent the original questioner from finding the information they need easily and prevent others knowing what topic is being discussed in a thread. It makes everyones life a little harder and there is no need for it.

Agreed
Old 11-16-2006, 10:56 AM   #21
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
why do u think its an embarrassment?

damienrice.com is actually a really funny place sometimes, the conversation flows freely and you rarely get the same topics coming up twice, its always lively and has some great characters there that really know how to make u giggle....the fact that its not governed, or appears not to be - works for everyone there too, they can say what they want and not have to worry about being censored, when theres no need...and the reason theres no need is because we all govern it by our collective moral consciencesness....when someone comes out with something stupid they are told they are an idiot and if they carry on they are ridiculed...and it works.
its radically changed from when it first started and they had lots of spammers posting nasty pictures, or people coming on just to call other people names and then leave again...its grown into something akin to this place, a community...but it hasnt got the restrictions placed upon the members that this one has....i have shifted my view from being one that believe this place is crap because its censored to accepting it as a place where people who arent quite ready to live in the real world can go to to...like a creche

so this place works too, it accomodates the people that felt scared or out of place there but still wanna talk about to each other under the umbrella that protects them...

...its nice to stand out of the rain for a while

Mat, Lovers - i'm sorry, you misunderstood what I meant - I didn't mean the forum. i quite enjoy the forum. I just meant the rest of the site - the way it's run. The forum is fine and I have no problem whatsoever with anyone over there.

x
Old 11-16-2006, 11:09 AM
mattatatat
This message has been deleted by Wheels.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:23 AM   #22
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Seanbryantkbq, Nikos original reply is the answer you need. I'm now closing this thread.

Closed Thread