Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Musician Stuff

Old 03-25-2004, 08:03 PM   #31
Patricia
Eskimo Regular

It's a sort of youth House. In mine, I did ballet, silk painting, acting and now a sort of jam every week. My brother did badminton, and you can take English lessons and do all sorts of stuff too. But its not only for young ppl... There are retired ppl who have a club and some activities too.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:49 PM   #32
somma
fisherman's woman

it's all cultural , sport and social activities at low prices.you've got one in almost every town in france ( if theres +5000 inhabitants)
Old 03-27-2004, 07:58 AM   #33
RosasAzules
Eskimo Baby

wow i wish we had something like that...

as for singing, a couple years ago i was in a guitar class and when i had to sing in front of people i would start crying...eventually i got over it and now i'm pretty good. people aren't analyzing you as much as you think they are.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:29 PM   #34
Wolf_eyes
Eskimo Baby

As a vocalist, the inner insecure me is saying "either you got it, or you dont', but I'm not sure thats the truth. I have friends who sing on broadway, baroke, on tour, chorus, you name it, and this is an argument they love to have. Eventually, I guess I have decided that if you're ever going to be a truly great vocalist, you are born with immense talent, and develop it. Just like any other 'great'. That said, I think just about anyone can develop a tolerable voice, and those with hidden potential can even break through to 'very good'. I hope that doesnt sound snobbish, I'm just trying to give my honest opinion.Further, there are, and have been, plenty of 'greats' who could barely sing tolerably (though this is a matter of opinion). See Bob Dylan for details. I would say: get some lessons, and sing on!
Old 04-17-2004, 09:58 AM   #35
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia

It's a sort of youth House. In mine, I did ballet, silk painting, acting and now a sort of jam every week. My brother did badminton, and you can take English lessons and do all sorts of stuff too. But its not only for young ppl... There are retired ppl who have a club and some activities too.

sounds cool... we have the ymca? not quite as cool, but i guess it can sort of be compared, yeah? [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]