Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 05-18-2005, 09:32 PM   #1
noshorterthan3characters
Eskimo Friend

Default What kind of fans does he have?

Ive never been to a gig so i dont know, but what are they like? From personal experience? Are they more U2 than coldplay or more Nick Drake than Jeff Buckley?
I just had horrible images of the people at his gigs being, er, square. Its only cos i heard the gig at the palladium was seated and i was like "ahhhhh!" ykno because being seated is well, ykno... i hope thats not Damiens idea.

Anyway, thankyou for sharing.

Plus i heard som1 talking about going in those shop t-shirts... hmmm.. not for me to say
noshorterthan3characters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
*Killian*
If Carlsberg Did Eskimos

most of his fans are really cool...like me...sure u can see that from the forum...but seriously, theres usually a real mix of different types of people at his gigs...so its hard to generalise really and come up with a generic damien fan....dunno where u got the idea of his fans being square from though and seated gigs arn't a bad thing anyway, iv seen emmett tinley twice seated....2 of the best gigs iv ever been to. depends on the music, it makes it feel a lot more intimate

Last edited by *Killian*; 05-18-2005 at 09:39 PM.
*Killian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:45 PM   #3
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

there all happy spa's... lol

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:00 AM   #4
SilentNight
Eskimo Regular

^
SilentNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:31 AM   #5
3cigarettes2smokemytears
Eskimo Baby

Talking fans and seating

since i recently became a fan, ive made all my friends listen as well. lol we love going to gigs and have been to quite a few seated ones, including ben harper, john mayer, blink 182 and ben folds. we still had an amazing time at each (perhaps besides blink). I think it should be about the music not how your positioned. i havent met any fans besides my friends but im pretty sure we are not squares
3cigarettes2smokemytears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:31 AM   #6
Sniffer
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshorterthan3characters
i heard the gig at the palladium was seated and i was like "ahhhhh!" ykno because being seated is well, ykno... i hope thats not Damiens idea.
I think his music is far more suitable to seated venues than standing- other than at a festival.It's not "dancing music" so I find it nice to be able to have my space and a seat rather than have some drunk wanker knocking into me and shouting in my ear. I'd bet money Damo would rather seated shows.
Sniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:42 AM   #7
Juzzza
Eskimo Regular

Who cares?

I've never liked or disliked an artist based on their fans!

Seems like you are a bit obsessed with what is cool and trying to be cool... lol. I could be wrong so don't take offence.

You know what they say, if you look around a room trying to find the cool people... you ain't one of them.

I've been to two gigs, one was seated... and he was able to unplug his guitar, walk to the front of the stage and sing and play 'delicate' with no mic or amps... it was incredible... then I went to a standing gig where people at the bar kept talking all the way through the show and ignorant drunk idiots kept barging past me and stepping on my feet. I know which one I preferred.

If people want to jump up and down, fight and crowd surf... I don't think they are looking for a Damo show.

Also, not withstanding the artists who are no longer with us, I would happily as would thousands, go to a Coldplay, U2, Nick Drake and Jeff Buckley gig... I didn't realise I would have to choose one or the other.

http://www.myspace.com/justinthorne
http://www.myspace.com/jtintheshadows
Juzzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:02 PM   #8
snowbaby
Eskimo Regular

hmmm i think yes very hard to generalise but he's defo got a good few stoners on his side. also some goths, skaters, surfers and trendies... sure everyone loves damo
Old 05-19-2005, 07:59 PM   #9
cille
creepycute

the guys who go to damien gigs are HHHHOT!!
Old 05-19-2005, 08:19 PM   #10
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

true cille so true!
Vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:13 PM   #11
Hannah650
Wee Wils

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille
the guys who go to damien gigs are HHHHOT!!
I noticed that too. When ive seen Damien in concert ive been in heaven with all the talent. Lotsa scruffy, stoodenty types...... aaaaaahhhhhh