Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 06-04-2007, 06:04 AM   #1
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Default Project: Eskimo Concert

How would you all feel about a concert only for the core group of fans (Eskimos)? We are thinking about either an actual concert, or some type of live stream that would be very intimate and only for those active Eskimos on this site. For the live stream, we could submit questions that have not been answered before. Participants would have to pay a minimum fee and then everyone would be encouraged to donate more so that we could reach our goal. It may take a year or two to raise the money, but I think it would be well worth it!

I think it would mainly be an opportunity to really connect with the person who inspires us.

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/

Last edited by LaurenBledsoe; 06-04-2007 at 03:44 PM.
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:17 AM   #2
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

I sent an email the other day to Gemma asking her if she could give me the tour manager's number, let's see if she responds. As more people get interested, we could estimate how many people will attend, if it happens, and then seek a venue. I like the idea of the majority of eskimos finally meeting.
Rue Saint-Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:20 AM   #3
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

yeah it would be fantastic, the only problem is where. we live so far away from eachother, which makes me feel like in order to accomodate everyone we should do a livestream. i guess i cant see an actual concert happening, given everyone living so far away.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:30 AM   #4
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

That is definitely a problem. To solve the problem for those who work we could set it up on a weekend, and for students, during the summer. As for the people who do not have enough money to fly, if we raise more than we need then we could appropriately aid those. The concert does seem like a fallacy, since he has fans world-wide. I wouldn't mind at all if we settled for the live stream, they are both great ideas. Hey, is it too late to make a poll?
Rue Saint-Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:32 AM   #5
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

i have no idea about the poll, but i agree, a live stream would be the most practical idea this is really exciting to think about!

Old 06-04-2007, 06:35 AM
Rue Saint-Denis
This message has been deleted by Rue Saint-Denis. Reason: irrelevant
Old 06-04-2007, 07:51 AM   #7
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Hmm... sounds like a cool idea!

How would you define "core group of fans on this site" though?
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #8
colibriink
Eskimo Friend

Default Planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rue Saint-Denis
I sent an email the other day to Gemma asking her if she could give me the tour manager's number, let's see if she responds. As more people get interested, we could estimate how many people will attend, if it happens, and then seek a venue. I like the idea of the majority of eskimos finally meeting.

1) Is there an event planner in the crowd that would be willing to actually work on this idea for us?

2) May I sweeten the pot for the band by offering free massages to each of the band members? (I am a registered massage therapist - no hanky-panky, just therapeutic massage. Purely out of the goodness of my heart, of course.
colibriink is offline   Reply With Quote