Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 11-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #121
lod
Eskimo Regular

Every other gig there is a recording of the whole gig,I just think cos of the restrictions no one managed to record it which is a shame cos it was a spectacular show
lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:51 AM   #122
Hillah
Eskimo Baby

That's not too bad because as you said there are so many gigs documented recently, and I'm thankful for that.

It's just that apparently this Trusty & True version seems to be something really special and worthwhile as everybody wrote, and I wish we could hear it.
Hillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #123
lod
Eskimo Regular

It was incredible because of the almost primative sound of the bodhrán played by ronan o snodaigh...like a heartbeat when it came in..Just amazing,and the interaction between the two of them on stage
..I think ronan played with him on that track for the album.. And then the Dublin gospel choir.. Sounded just amazing.. And it being his home town ..that all added to the atmosphere.. He got a standing ovation and well deserved.. and I can still close my eyes and hear it and feel the atmosphere in the room
.the staff in the theatre made it so difficult to tape unfortunately, flashing bright flashlights at anyone who tried to take their phone out..
lod is offline   Reply With Quote