Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 05-05-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Default Salt Lake City?

How did it go? No Eskimos from Utah!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #2
hysterical.useless
Eskimo Baby

I was there – I thought it was a great concert, but then again, I’ve never heard any bootlegs (aside from the ones on the B-Sides EP!). This is a little mini-review I emailed to my friends who are fans but weren’t able to attend (it includes the entire setlist):

The concert last night was great – Damien is freaking incredible live, as he sounds just as good, if not better, than he does on record. The only saddening part of the night was that the woman that does some of the vocal duets with him on the albums (Lisa Hannigan) was not present. I learned later that they severed ties a couple months ago, so Damien sings pretty much every part now. Everything was great regardless. He was a really personable guy – on most of the songs he told the story of what the song was about and how it came to be (he beat around the bush nicely, but more or less revealed that Me, My Yoke and I was about masturbation). I was able to type in the setlist into my phone (thanks to texts) and I thought I’d share it:

Set
The Professor & La Fille Danse
Delicate
Volcano
Cannonball
Coconut Skins
Woman Like a Man
9 Crimes
Dogs
Me, My Yoke and I
The Rat Within the Grain
Older Chests
Never Leave You (Vyvienne Long, the cellist)
The Animals Were Gone
Rootless Tree (Piano)
I Remember

Encore
Accidental Babies
The Blower’s Daughter

I’ll just reminisce over a few of the highlights of the night. First, the opener, The Professor & La Fille Danse, was absolutely amazing. I loved this track on the B-Sides EP and I thought it was a great way to open the set with a lot of energy. Woman Like a Man was really intense in a good way – once again, a lot of energy here and the whole audience got really into it. 9 Crimes was absolutely beautiful and breathtaking, even without Lisa’s vocal accompaniment. Me, My Yoke and I was along the same lines as Woman Like a Man, brimming with a lot of energy. It was also the only song Damien used an electric guitar on, so it was pretty sweet. Lastly, I Remember was a wonderful way to end the set leading into the encore. The first half was beautiful which nicely contrasted the intensity of the second half. Overall I was very pleased with the set. I think the only song they didn’t play that I wanted them to play was Elephant. But I’m not complaining.
hysterical.useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysterical.useless
The only saddening part of the night was that the woman that does some of the vocal duets with him on the albums (Lisa Hannigan) was not present. I learned later that they severed ties a couple months ago, so Damien sings pretty much every part now.
By every part of the music do you mean all the music that Damien wrote himself? Lisa did nothing except sing it.
Moves-My-World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
hysterical.useless
Eskimo Baby

Yeah, that's what I mean - sorry for not clarifying. ^_^
hysterical.useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:10 PM   #5
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Thanks for sharing!!!
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote