Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 04-19-2004, 01:39 AM   #1
EndUvTheWrld
Eskimo Friend

This was the event I was anticipating for more than 3 months. The tickets were literallyburning in my pocket, as my sister and I made our way to the second row in the Beacon Theater. All I have to say.. even after this being my third show.. it was spectacular. The band showed their incredible talent when a fan from the balcony yelled out her request for "Lonelily".. Damien, a little taken aback, without a second thought began strumming the obviously not on the planned setwith no trouble. That right there..again confirmed the immense talent this band has.. I'm still so stoked about it.. I was so close!

The Frames, this being my first show with them, automatically caught my attention. They were amazing.

The overall experience was well.. no other word but orgasmic.. I tell you what.

Anyway... I was taking notes.. and this drunk woman drenched my paper and myhairin her beer. An experience yes.. but, needless to say I was peeved. So here's what I got:

The Professor, Older Chests, Woman Like a Man (which I had never heard live..amazing), Prague, Lonelily, Delicate, I remember, (some song I have never heard before, but I'm going to call it "Let Me Out"),Amie..this is where the woman came in.. then I think Cold Water.. for the encoreLisa and V played a song I had never heard before, gorgeous of course, then Dami came out forBlower's Daughter, Eskimo Friend, and then the lead of the Frames came out for their final rendition of I wanna say "In the Highways", which was hilarious and amazing. I'm sure I left some out..so correct me if I'm wrong anyone

Funny story about Cold Water (FYI my sister's my Damien travelling partner to concerts), but while we were at the Austin show.. we were innocently sitting in the dark, enjoying the song, when a bright light flashed over the audience and nearly gaveus aheart attack (if any one was there, they know what I'm talking about) so.. we were sitting in The Beacon.. and the lights went out, needless to say we freaked out and hid our eyes the entire songand could barely enjoy the song due to our sheer terror for eyes due to last time, anyway.. it was totally different than before..so we wasted Cold Water basically... traumatic..

Anyway that's it..my I guess you could call it a review.
Edited by: EndUvTheWrld
Old 04-20-2004, 02:55 AM   #2
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

Wonderful! I enjoyed reading that! thanks!! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2004, 09:54 AM   #3
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2004, 06:32 PM   #4
thierryhenry
Eskimo Regular

I hope a recording of Lonelily (and this whole show) comes out.
thierryhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 07:36 PM   #5
sadistic_bunny
Eskimo Regular

ah!!! I was the lady who shouted for lonlily...i didnt want to be one of the shouters but i HAD to!! hazza!!!
Old 04-23-2004, 08:35 PM   #6
dylanfan
Eskimo Regular

a shout out forthe home girl who made a good shout out!

yyeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dylanfan is offline   Reply With Quote