Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

View Poll Results: So, have you ever seen him perform live or just met him accidentally on the street?
yep 28 71.79%
nope.. 11 28.21%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2010, 09:57 PM   #31
cmigliaccio
Eskimo Regular

1) Benefit Show in March '06 (just a couple of songs)
2) Central Park, Summer '06
3) Tower Theater, December '06
4) Radio City, May '07
5) WAMU Theater, Sept '07

Got into him in '04... will always be sad I completely missed the O tour.
cmigliaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #32
dawno
just mildly free

i've been so fortunate, always sitting within the first 6 rows at every gig. i've had the pleasure of meeting him twice, actually met the whole band outside of the beacon in may of '04 who were so gracious to talk to us in the rain (my husband held an umbrella over lisa's head and actually carried vyv's cello onto the tour bus for her that night)

tower theatre apr. 2004 (front row!)
beacon theatre - april 2004 (front row!)
beacon theatre - may 2004
central park - summer 2006
tweeter center, camden summer 2006
hiro ballroom, nov 2006 (front row!)
mann center, philly may 2007
radio city, may 2007
wamu @ msg, sept 2007 (front row!)

i think that's it, but i had tickets for three more shows (tower theatre & 2 beacon shows in dec. 2006) which i didn't attend due to my mother's unexpected death.
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:20 PM   #33
Brandinian
Toffee Popper

Thankfully and surprisingly I got to see him last night, after wanting to see him for many many years.
Brandinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #34
Canadian Island
Eskimo Regular

Only once, Berlin 07. A friend of mine just gave me the albums, then we went to Berlin and I was expecting a really quiet concert. The band came on stage and did 20 minutes of noise (probably Volcano and Yoke, I didn't really know the songs back then). Then Damien unplugged his guitar and silenced the room doing Cannonball. At this point I would have been absolutely satisfied shaking his hand, saying "thank you" and go home. Out of that moment came some kind of energy that I didn't feel before and I knew what I wanted to do with my life. One year later I played my very first concert. More concerts followed, then I travelled as a busker and recorded an album. I am far away from being big or famous or anything in that direction and very very often out of money. But I just want to repeat and repeat and repeat writing and playing no matter what. I only saw him live once and it made me change my life. It also was the last evening with Lisa being part of the Band.

Oh, I almost forgot. I saw him again playing only one song. Berlin 08, The Swell Season, second Encore. Glen said "There's this one guy that always helped us...". Of course, it had to be Damien, I thought and I was wondering which of his songs they'd do now and then he entered the stage doing 'The Professor'. Two days later I for the first time played a gig with a full band formation. I no longer believe in coincidences, but that's many other stories...
Canadian Island is offline   Reply With Quote