The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-22-2005, 09:46 PM   #61
cille
creepycute

hahaha, yeah i think we have a match!
Old 12-02-2005, 06:55 PM
jasonAVO
This message has been deleted by jasonAVO. Reason: because im being cyber stalked by someone and want to get rid of personal stuff
Old 12-02-2005, 07:05 PM
jasonAVO
This message has been deleted by jasonAVO. Reason: because im being cyber stalked by someone and want to get rid of personal stuff
Old 12-03-2005, 06:34 AM   #62
LukieGal
Eskimo Baby

As long as he performs in NYC before I relocate, I will not complain. Either that or I'm flyin' to Ireland....
But the only soldier now is me
I'm fighting things I cannot see
I think it's called by my destiny
That I am changing changing changing

~Marlena on the Wall by Suzanne Vega
LukieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:54 PM   #63
Spraoi
Eskimo Baby

This whole thread probably goes against the whole grain of what damien wants with putting his music out there!! Stop arguing lads, its getting too serious and ye seem to be missing the point. Theres nothing wrong in expressing an opinion and then someone replying to it but dont waste so much bloody energy! I dont think macfriends post was meant to be a personal attack on Damo and his work ethic (only an opinion, dont jump on me 4 it!)
Enjoy what we have, and by the way me is also dying to see Damien live again!!
The wait will be worth it!
Spraoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:50 AM   #64
federalist8997
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonAVO
recently, my family got together at my sisters house for her wedding. 5000 miles away in california. i said i wasnt going . plain and simple, i didnt want to go. its a 5 hour airplane flight. my father who i havent spoken to since 12 was going. big party(cant stand). due to work schedule i would be flying in at 10 at night and leaving the next day at dinner. i would be spending 500 dollars to simply see her say 'i do' . i said i wasnt going. i was taking my family on vacation 2 weeks prior to this wedding. i told my sister we would take it in california and spend a bunch of time with her. she said she preferred my going to the wedding than spending time with her. i reluctantly said i would go after getting an earful of guilt. this is counter to the core of how i believe i should live life to find happiness. sure enough...i was miserable. grouchy. stressed. took about a week to realize it was because i was living counter than how i believe i should. so i changed my mind. im not going. my sister wrote a letter to me(after ignoring my phone calls) saying she wasnt mad. BUT.....then came the guilt trip . i was ruining her wedding. im a horrible person. how could i not? how could i do this to her?
most people think i was wrong to not go. i will never feel that way. i almost allowed myself to be guilted into it. i was unhappy during that brief time. i was happy as soon as i took my life back and did what i wanted to do.(or not do in this instance). my mother still wont speak to me civilly. for what? i understand its the norm for people to go to these events. but i dont see marriage as others do. its just not important to me. the ceremony itself i mean. i had no more time off. i dont enjoy big parites. i dont like being around my father. i thought it a waste to spend 500$ on a daytrip to the other side of america. none of this mattered however because of how others expected me to be there. my happiness, to those that claim to care and love me, was secondary to the perception of how the wedding should be. for notice it wasnt about seeing me at all. she wouldve had 2 weeks with me had i taken vacation there.

...my happiness was supposed to take a backseat to others feelings.
So because its not important to you, it shouldn't be important to her? Anyway, seems to me you think those that "claim to care and love" you shouldn't have made your happiness secondary to your sister's feelings, and yet that is precisely what you did to those you "claim to care for and love" - made her happiness (having you be a part of her wedding day) secondary to your feelings (avoiding situations you dislike). You expect her to be completely understanding and accepting of your feelings, and yet her feelings appear to be entirely irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonAVO
she didnt want that...she wanted me in the pictures. and that just isnt important to me.
I'm quite certain it meant more to her than you being in the pictures. The fact you so casually dismiss as unimportant the fact she wanted you to come to wedding and her associated feelings as simply her "wanting you in the pictures" illustrates a hypocrisy about you that I dare say you fail to recognize.
federalist8997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:23 PM   #65
cille
creepycute

The horse is dead, so stop flogging.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:12 PM   #66
alumni
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator
i'm sure he'll do a full irish tour early in 2006 at the latest.
HA HA HA
alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:17 PM   #67
Bumpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille
Oh come on now, it's only a year later.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:26 PM   #68
alumni
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarBar
Time to grow up now and be a big boy.
I agree
alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #69
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille
The Boss: "After all, there's no point in killing a dead horse."
Dilbert: "You mean: there's no point in flogging a dead horse."
Boss: "Why would anyone flog a dead horse!?!"
Dilbert: "Why would anyone kill a dead horse!?"
Boss: "It might kick you"

how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Closing_Doors is offline   Reply With Quote