Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-29-2015, 10:59 AM   #1
acquadigio
Eskimo Regular

Default Improvisation after Cheers Darlin'

As I was binge listening to Damien Rice (yeah this time of year again, and I'm feeling depressed), I came across this video

it was from this gig http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17299 . Maybe at the time we were too excited about the new songs, that we forgot to notice this.

When he began to improvise, my heart almost jumped out of my chest because I was thinking he's going to play that Houston song (Forgoteen Deers), sounded very familiar. But that means he still remember how to play those hundreds years old songs, which gives me some kind of hope that maybe we will be able to hear Forgotten Deers again someday.

Back to the improvisation, it started serious, with wonderful lyrics:

"Then I got you, and I let you go
Guess I didn't really know, what I had
And nothing is better than something to lose
Nothing's all I ever have anyway, no matter how I choose
In this freedom, lies a lie"

And then out of nowhere he wanted to be funny: "In this freedom in too much wine". Started sinnging about the lady on stage, too drunk to sing anymore but there's people who've paid, some people must be thinking "Oh that guy is a ****e" ....

But it quickly became serious again, him singing about Death

"And everyone is unique and all the same 'cause we're all sitting on this same fast train to death
Darling, to death,
Darling, new song for the new album (hilarious )"

And he ended it with some lines from It takes a lot to know a man (Which we didn't hear at that time) and more improvise:

"What is it you're so afraid to say/do/be"
"I got many fall(???) and wishing well, kiss and tell, the end of this made-up song"

That's all. I'd love to see him with the piano again. What's you guys' thought, Guitar + looper vs Piano ?
acquadigio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:53 PM   #2
verenita
... trusty and true ...

oh my! this is amazing. i hadn´t seen it before. thanks so much for posting it!
the little man keeps surprinsing me time after time... i love when he says "s.h.i.t.e." and that smile...
Old 11-30-2015, 12:17 AM   #3
glo32
Eskimo Regular

It was posted before on here, but thanks for re-posting!
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:08 AM   #4
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i just went through the original thread. haha, it was the time when i was avoiding listening or watching anything live happy for the re-posting