Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreybyrnes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Avocado
Quote:

are you seriously comparing xavier rudd to dave matthews? if so i just have to laugh at the lack of knowledge over subject matter, no offense
Why yes, I think I am. Falsetto vocals, chord changes, blah blah blah..As for my lack of knowledge, you got me. Last time I saw Dave was over a decade ago while visiting friends with my ex in VA at some rather small bar which escapes me now. I can tell you it sounds all the same with the predictable formula that left us at that time unimpressed even though my gf gave him thumbs up on being hot. I betcha a 6 pack that if we played one of xavier's sound bytes to someone and asked who they thought it was they would say DM. So educate me coreybyrnes, why are these two artist complete different entities that I so erroneously linked together?

haha, i'd rather not... it's late and i must sleep... but you got me... they both play an instrument and sing therefore they are one and the same... i'm laying on the sarcasm pretty thick here if you can't tell... it just upsets me when people are so quick to judge and compare artists when they base it upon false information... it just gets filed under the category of "know what you're talking about or don't talk at all"... i'm not trying to be a dick here... this just hits a sore spot for me...
No need to get upset or do I think you are being a dick. We all have opinions and yada yada yada, you know the saying..
Funky Avocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:33 AM   #62
Sniffer
Eskimo Regular

"thank you for assuming that i was so naively asking about why you called
him a wombat. i must appear stupid or something..."

- The key word is "appear". Perhaps it's the picture of the blonde!
Sniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 12:48 PM   #63
cille
creepycute

i'm just still curious about the skirt thing - he wore (sp?)a skirt?

i have this thing for men wearing skirts you see...[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]not dresses, just skirts... i will not get into detail, let's just say that skirts seem to underline the male anatomy (sp?)very well...

(mojo, my fave dictionary, think i need you now![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img])
Old 06-16-2004, 12:57 PM   #64
sezmo
Eskimo Regular

Will I do? (As I'm here anyway) You got the spelling right! [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]
sezmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 01:10 PM   #65
mestonf
Eskimo Regular

yep men wearing womens things are really a no go!
mestonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 01:10 PM   #66
mestonf
Eskimo Regular

bloody beckham!
Old 06-16-2004, 01:35 PM   #67
coreybyrnes
eskiphotographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillecille
i have this thing for men wearing skirts you see...[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]not dresses, just skirts

cille... i've always thought you were crazy and this statement put it in cement for me... hahaha
Old 06-16-2004, 02:04 PM   #68
mestonf
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

Quote:
i have this thing for men wearing skirts you see...[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]*not dresses, just skirts

cille... i've always thought you were crazy and this statement put it in cement for me... hahaha
hahaha poor cille!
Old 06-16-2004, 04:14 PM   #69
cille
creepycute

Quote:

Quote:
i have this thing for men wearing skirts you see...[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]not dresses, just skirts

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]if you say so...

it's about time we forget about those gender categories, you know? also when it comes to clothes.

jeez, that statement just made me look even crazier, didnt it?[img]smileys/smiley29.gif[/img]

(or just like a boring student who's been studying too much social conctructionism theory [img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img])Edited by: cillecille
Old 06-16-2004, 04:28 PM   #70
absltcit33
Eskimo Friend

Quote:

i have this thing for men wearing skirts you see...[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]not dresses, just skirts... i will not get into detail, let's just say that skirts seem to underline the male anatomy (sp?)very well...

its not really a skirt, its a recatangular piece of fabric that you fashion to look like a skirt. Pretty common down at roo.

Damien Rice- 4/11
absltcit33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 04:31 PM   #71
absltcit33
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Avocado
Quote:

are you seriously comparing xavier rudd to dave matthews? if so i just have to laugh at the lack of knowledge over subject matter, no offense
Why yes, I think I am. Falsetto vocals, chord changes, blah blah blah..As for my lack of knowledge, you got me. Last time I saw Dave was over a decade ago while visiting friends with my ex in VA at some rather small bar which escapes me now. I can tell you it sounds all the same with the predictable formula that left us at that time unimpressed even though my gf gave him thumbs up on being hot. I betcha a 6 pack that if we played one of xavier's sound bytes to someone and asked who they thought it was they would say DM.

So educate me coreybyrnes, why are these two artist complete different entities that I so erroneously linked together?

I'll bet you a 6 pack, play a track for me and I bet you I wont get the two confused. Oh and dave can barely sing falsetto anymore. Im sorry you have a grudge because your gf said dave was hot.

Damien Rice- 4/11
Old 06-16-2004, 05:38 PM   #72
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by absltcit33

Im sorry you have a grudge because your gf said dave was hot.
Well I can't blame you for your creativity with coming up with that synopsis doc.

Frankly I never heard of such a silly statement since high school so I presume thats where you are. Don't worry, with a little work in the insecurity department and some self-esteem boost you too will be able to have a comfy relationship and be ok with having your partner finding others attractive because god knows there are a ton of attractive people out there, even Dave Matthews. Maturity comes in time so don't fret or get impatient.

Now his music, which was what I was thought the topic was on, is another story in my opinion.

Cheers
Funky Avocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 05:55 PM   #73
cille
creepycute

really guys, cut off the personal insults, they're just mudding up the discussion. or continue it through pm's, if you really want to!
Old 06-16-2004, 05:57 PM   #74
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Quote:

its not really a skirt, its a recatangular piece of fabric that you fashion to look like a skirt. Pretty common down at roo.

that sounds so cool! anybody gota pic of damien wearing this?
Old 06-16-2004, 06:01 PM   #75
cneill
eskimo hobo

Quote:
really guys, cut off the personal insults, they're just mudding up the discussion. or continue it through pm's, if you really want to!

I second that
photography!: http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=1820624
cneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 06:58 PM   #76
coreybyrnes
eskiphotographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneill

Quote:

I second that

i THIRD that. it's one thing to state your opinion. it's another thing to insult. and it's a whole different ballgame to not bemature enough to know when to stop.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:21 PM   #77
sezmo
Eskimo Regular

I Fourth that! Can I fourth that? [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
sezmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 07:49 PM   #78
coreybyrnes
eskiphotographer

you can fifth it if you really want to!

back on topic.... did damien wear this skirt while playing?
Old 06-16-2004, 07:55 PM   #79
phishin419
Eskimo Baby

im totally new to this amazing musician, bonnaroo was my first hearing and seeing....it was so GREAT.....does anyone know what song contained what seemed to me to be a free-style lyric section with mentionings of bonnaroo, and different things he could 'see'.....also for someone who saw this show and knows him, my question is is damien and his band ALWAYS that good?
Old 06-16-2004, 08:45 PM   #80
coreybyrnes
eskiphotographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishin419
im totally new to this amazing musician, bonnaroo was my first hearing and seeing....it was so GREAT.....does anyone know what song contained what seemed to me to be a free-style lyric section with mentionings of bonnaroo, and different things he could 'see'.....also for someone who saw this show and knows him, my question is is damien and his band ALWAYS that good?

welcome to the crew... i believe that song would be amie from the descriptions i read on page 2 of this thread about his set... and i even though i wasn't there i would be inclined to say that damien, lisa, vyv, and shaneare always that good and even better when they have tomo (drummer) with them...
Old 06-16-2004, 08:50 PM   #81
cille
creepycute

welcome, d [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2004, 09:08 PM   #82
mestonf
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishin419

welcome to the crew... i believe that song would be amie from the descriptions i read on page 2 of this thread about his set... and i even though i wasn't there i would be inclined to say that damien, lisa, vyv, and shane*are always that good and even better when they have tomo (drummer) with them...

i agree!
Old 06-17-2004, 04:02 PM   #83
cneill
eskimo hobo

Hi phishin419, welcome!. Yeah they're pretty much always that good or better. For proof check out www.damohub.org or www.damienricetrading.tk for some live stuff. The bonnaroo set is now being shared at the damo hub.
photography!: http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=1820624
cneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 12:48 AM   #84
DamosFavEyes
Long Time No SeEskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniffer
"thank you for assuming that i was so naively asking about why you called him a wombat. i must appear stupid or something..."

- The key word is "appear". Perhaps it's the picture of the blonde!

very clever.. [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]get ready for a pm..
Old 06-18-2004, 11:52 PM   #85
shayshen
Eskimo Baby

I was also at Bonnaroo, front row, it was very exciting. The people around me were from North Dakota, they had seen him before, but it was my first time seeing him. I got some great pictures and a one minute video clip from volcano before my camera was full. I wish I would have started on the boards before Bonnaroo, I might have met some of you all there. I went two hours early and did not budge. I was right in front of Vyv the whole time. It was amazing, and fantastic. I cant even describe it in words.
shayshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 03:51 PM   #86
absltcit33
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayshen
I was also at Bonnaroo, front row, it was very exciting. The people around me were from North Dakota, they had seen him before, but it was my first time seeing him. I got some great pictures and a one minute video clip from volcano before my camera was full. I wish I would have started on the boards before Bonnaroo, I might have met some of you all there. I went two hours early and did not budge. I was right in front of Vyv the whole time. It was amazing, and fantastic. I cant even describe it in words.

I was right in front, in front of vyvienne too, what did you look like?

Damien Rice- 4/11
Old 06-19-2004, 05:23 PM   #87
shayshen
Eskimo Baby

Im short, I was wearing a red dress with white polka dots, my hair is in braids and Im italian so my skin is dark olivey.....I'd laugh if you were the kid next to me and we were talking the whole time...I might have taken a drag or two off of your cigarette??

whee

what do you look like?
Old 06-19-2004, 06:52 PM   #88
rileyf
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

I was right in front, in front of vyvienne too

me 2! but i was about 3 or 4 'rows' back. im pretty tall, so all u little folk
just smudged ur way right in fornt of me, but i didnt go down without a
fight! if u know where the big mud puddle was, i was on the front end of
that and had blond hair and was standing next to a guy with a camera.
oh, and im a dude too.
rileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 05:54 AM   #89
shayshen
Eskimo Baby

I didnt get in front of anyone lol. i went two hours early so i would be in front. shortness has ruined many a concert on me, so i have learned to go early or bring stilts, which can get a bit cumbersome.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:07 PM   #90
jwelsh
Eskimo Friend

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayshen

Iwas right in front, in front of vyvienne too, what did you look like?

Odd, lol. My wife and I were just to the right of Vyvienne, in front of the speakers. She had on her Volcano Melts Me Down shirt and I was wearing an Umphrey's McGee shirt. My shots turned out really well and I need to figure out how to share them . . . Sounds like alot of us were right up front!

I call architecture frozen music.

- J.W. Goethe
jwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote