Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 01-08-2005, 11:52 PM   #61
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

oh my god oli was wearing suspenders right?
Old 01-08-2005, 11:54 PM   #62
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

i new that was him!!!

f**k! [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2005, 11:55 PM   #63
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

btw i saw you, i was the girl hu was eves dropping your conversation with oli whilst waiting to get into the stage area, i just thought is was oli and i wasnt sure and i wanted to hear the accent [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2005, 12:01 AM   #64
moll
Eskimo Friend

yes, oli was wearing suspenders. He is the most amazing guy and you seem to think similar - he will be astounded to see there are so many posts about him! glad you like the accent i have to say im a huge fan of the irish accent - AMAZING!

x
moll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:04 AM   #65
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

oli and i are great pals, well online, i wanst sure it was him, but i kept staring at him, and he saw me llok but he didnt react, fook oh u might have seem me, click here http://public.fotki.com/ItsMissPink/Edited by: Miss Pink
Old 01-09-2005, 12:05 AM   #66
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

wen ur talking to him next tell him the girl that was staring at him was pinky [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2005, 12:06 AM   #67
moll
Eskimo Friend

yes i think i recognize you, were you stood very near the front next to the door?
Old 01-09-2005, 12:09 AM   #68
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

kinda in the middle, when i was inside the stage place, but i was standing scarely close to uz and oli wen uz were tlkn outside the inside door, infront of the mini bar and the admo shop, near the loo's.

WWoah. toungue twister, do u no what im on abt?
Old 01-09-2005, 12:12 AM   #69
moll
Eskimo Friend

Yes it does ring a bell, i hope you didnt get the bit about kidnapping damo and lisa and putting them in a box and making them play day and night for me?!
Old 01-09-2005, 12:15 AM   #70
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]no, but sice uv posted it, yes yes i did lol

Oh how i wanted to chat to oli SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO much.

your not the friend that he used to go over to their house just to use their computer are u? lol [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

oli is never online any more [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2005, 12:17 AM   #71
wil69
Eskimo Baby

hey i was at the gig and it was great,i had no ticket but the bouncer let me in he must of felt sorry for me or sumtin.i was right at the front wit only the guy wit the dreadlocks in front of me.i was so lucky!!!!!

wil69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:19 AM   #72
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

WERE U THE LITTLE DUDE HU WAS TLKN IRISH TO you friends, they were behind me
Old 01-09-2005, 12:20 AM   #73
moll
Eskimo Friend

I hope i didnt block you wil, i tried to keep my hair back but can see how it may be annoying!

misspink - i think oli would be very appreciative to talk to you so keep tyring he seems to be online quite alot i think.

I wasnt the friend he used for the computer, or thats what i tell myself after the years of therapy!
Old 01-09-2005, 12:24 AM   #74
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

lol! Well its bed time for me! But yeah i always send olia message, but alas it ages b4 he gets them! But if ur tlkn to him tell him i was asking lots for him, and yes that was me, the 1 hu was staring at him when uz were talking to him, at the toungue twister place [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]lol

Night all xxxxxxxx

OLI COME BACK! [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2005, 12:27 AM   #75
moll
Eskimo Friend

good night miss pink

OLI WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!?! - LOOK AT HOW MUCH SPACE + POSTS YOU HAVE TAKEN UP ON HERE!! x
Old 01-09-2005, 12:35 AM   #76
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

miss pink i saw you walking around temple bar before the gig... and then waiting to go in... at least im pretty sure it was you... didnt approach you cos i wasnt sure and im waaay too shy[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 01:11 AM   #77
eskimo_friendly
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3892
Finishing off with Cold Water was so appropriate don't you think?!
Actually I was kinda thinking it would be a nice song to dedicate to the victims of the tsunami disaster but because of the words may come across a little bit insensitive...
eskimo_friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:24 PM   #78
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeweller

miss pink i saw you walking around temple bar before the gig... and then waiting to go in... at least im pretty sure it was you... didnt approach you cos i wasnt sure and im waaay too shy[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

that was more than likely me, i was walking around and around like a pleb, waiting for my friend, then when she came, we sat down and then queued up.

Ah u fool why didnt u say hello! [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img], I had a cream bag and a little army jacket on, and my newly straightened hair all tied up yeah?
Old 01-10-2005, 10:46 AM   #79
Thomas9
Eskimo Friend

Anyone see me. . . ?

My name's Thomas. I was wearing a Diesel jacket with a Dublin jersey underneathand I've long-ish hair.You'll probably remember me as the small fella badgering everyone for a ticket who walked out of the box office! I also held a lighter up during "Delicate" and shouted a few words up at the stage too; it was a good laugh!

Anyway, I finally got a ticket and legged it straight into the place. Pint of Guinness please, then straight into the auditorium. There was only about two people in front of me at the stage, I well could've spat at Damo (if I were so inclined [img]smileys/smiley15.gif[/img]), I was that close.

Anyone remember me? I heard some-one talk about a fella called "Will"; are you the fella that had a big animal rug-sack and a guitar withyou? I was glad to see you got in in anyway!

Good concert in all. Vyvienne set the tone nicely, she was real buzzy, but Damien didn't seem too friendly; it almost seemed as if he just planned on getting up there, playing, and just getting off the stage. He smiled once or twice, which brightened up the atmosphere in the place, but then it seemed to just go a bit dreary again. . .

Talk to me people!Edited by: Thomas9
Thomas9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:48 AM   #80
*Killian*
If Carlsberg Did Eskimos

yeh u asked me for a ticket i think! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2005, 10:50 AM   #81
Thomas9
Eskimo Friend

I've an idea. . . how about people tell me whom I didn't ask for a ticket![img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2005, 10:53 AM   #82
*Killian*
If Carlsberg Did Eskimos

yeh i felt kinda sorry for ya [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]but at least u got in [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2005, 11:12 AM   #83
Thomas9
Eskimo Friend

Yeah I think a few people were pitying me -- more than once I heard along the lines of "That lad's been here since 6 O'Clock looking for a ticket.", which was closely followed by an"awwww".

Thanks to the two people that actually approached me in the end with a ticket!

The people in the place were dead friendly too; I went there on my ownbut ended up going into the Mezz with aboutten different people (some of whom were female... [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img])
Old 01-10-2005, 11:30 AM   #84
Banjaxed
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas9

Yeah I think a few people were pitying me -- more than once I heard along the lines of "That lad's been here since 6 O'Clock looking for a ticket.", which was closely followed by an"awwww"

yeah i remember you.you have brown E.T. Kid style hair. You had between 50 and 70 euro held out in your hand all the time and were positively hyper bouncing from foot to foot chanting 'any spare tickets?'. It was quite funny.

When I saw you, the two girls who travelled from Sweden and all the people that had pre-made signs begging for tickets I decided not to try too hard to get one. I went fora walk, passed Lisa and Tomo having a smoke at the side door and spent 20mins listening to a busker playing a rather groovy version of "girls just wanna have fun" and some mellow tom waits.

i told her she should go play outside TBMC where there were hundreds of ppl queuing, but then she told me she hated damien rice... beforepanic flashed acrosscrossed her face and she said "oh my god, you're damien rice aren't you?". I left her wondering (I'm not by the way!).Edited by: Banjaxed
Old 01-10-2005, 11:37 AM   #85
rileyf
Eskimo Regular

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2005, 12:32 PM   #86
Thomas9
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjaxed

yeah i remember you.you have brown E.T. Kid style hair.

One second now and I do a quick google image search. . .

Oh some diginity please! My hair's well longer than that, plus it's split in the middle.

[quote=Banjaxed]

You had between 50 and 70 euro held out in your hand all the time and were positively hyper bouncing from foot to foot chanting 'any spare tickets?'. It was quite funny.

[\QUOTE]

€60 to be exact![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]For the first half-hour I just took it easy, I didn't wantto be irritating people or anything; but then when the clock struck 7 I just got all panicky and said f**k it I'll ask everyone.

[quote=Banjaxed]When I saw you, the two girls who travelled from Sweden and all the people that had pre-made signs begging for tickets I decided not to try too hard to get one.

[\QUOTE]

...anyone else think they sounded like prostitutes?

The fella with the sign didn't seem enthusiastic enough to me, he just walked around silently, expressionless -- you've got to be a pest!

(Don't ask me why the quotes didn't turn out right!)
Old 01-10-2005, 05:13 PM   #87
moll
Eskimo Friend

Just incase anyone is interested i have managed to upload my pics form the gig:

http://public.fotki.com/moll/damien_rice_tbmc_060105

P.s. sorry to viv for the first pic i know she wouldnt be happy if she knew it was publically available!!

Chris
Old 01-10-2005, 05:20 PM   #88
mestonf
Eskimo Regular

they are great pics, cheers

did you get to the gig extra early to be able to have your photo taken with damo and the band?
Old 01-10-2005, 06:09 PM   #89
moll
Eskimo Friend

No my friend was working there late so we had to wait around the club and the band were just on the stage packing up and things and managed to chat a bit and get photos, very lucky
Old 01-10-2005, 06:13 PM   #90
mestonf
Eskimo Regular

ahh i see, yeah that is pretty damm lucky! When i get the money i'm gonna start flying over to ireland for damo gigs.....