Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-11-2006, 04:20 AM   #1
Adelaide
Eskimo Princess

Default Your top 3 live performances.

I have a huge collection (fine, not as big as srahman24's but still) of live performances but there are only certain ones I listen to and I want to know what I am missing out on.

Tell me what your favourite performances are and I shall listen.

Mine:
1. I Remember/Can't Get You Out of My Head from Bonnaroo Festival
2. tie between Eskimo from Paradiso Amsterdam and Eskimo from BBC Four Sessions
3. The Professor & La Fille Danse from Toronto in July. my sister taped it & youtube'd it if you want to see! Okay maybe I'm biased but that was a stellar show....

edit. if you can transcribe the extended French parts of number three, I shall love you forever. thanks

Last edited by Adelaide; 11-11-2006 at 05:32 AM.
Adelaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:46 AM   #2
PEIeskimo
Andy Staples

I Remember from BBC Four sessions, but maybe that's only because I haven't heard the bonnaroo version...

Where can I find it?

oh and La fille danse with lisa helping out on mbe

Last edited by PEIeskimo; 11-11-2006 at 04:51 AM.
PEIeskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:28 AM   #3
eamo_rice
meh

1. I Remember from BBC4 Sessios, which i just reheard tonight for the first time in ages... wicked version of it, really demonic-sounding, more so than than the NRK version from this week. and the camera catches Damo's face at the end, its a real cheeky looking grin, like he knows hes just wreaked havoc on the audience for the previous 5 mins, but he doesnt give a toss!

2. Cold Water from the Tower Theatre Show, 15/04.04 i think, amazing rendition of my fave song from O. Damo is actually screaming over the top of the layered vocals at the end, and it always sends chills down my spine. hes just really into the song at that point and it shows.

3. Im gonna say the whole gig from his second gig in Vicar St this august. i cant pick any one moment really, the whole thing was amazing. Volcano sticks out in my mind though - they really rocked out to that one!
eamo_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Riven
This message has been deleted by Riven.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #4
ste_swann
Stupidest Eskimo

This is a fantastic thread, well done adelaide!

It's so hard to choose...

1) Elephant in Florence in 2004...beautiful, the only time I've heard him singing it so fast (and the first time I've heard this song)

2) I Remember, I can't choose between the last monday Oslo version or the one he performed at the Olympia (dont have idea of where it is) , that is I remember plus Can't get you out of my head

3) Can't choose between the slower version of Rootless of the KCRW session and the one he played in Oslo
ste_swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #5
eamo_rice
meh

[quote=Riven]Does anyone know where I can download this recording!? It sounds very cool! Or, would someone be willing to email it to me? (timdphillips@hotmail.com) Thanks!QUOTE]

I've just put the track onto my computer, but my email wouldnt load the attachment right now cos its experiencing some problems, so i'll try and email you the track when i get in later. Cant guarantee what the quality will be like but i think itll be alright.
eamo_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:31 PM   #6
liswyn
Eskimo Regular

I like 'Cold Water' and 'I Remember' at the Four Sessions... really wicked, especially the end. Also his Union Chapel performance of The Professor and La Fille Danse was just incredibly funny.
liswyn is offline   Reply With Quote