Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 09:00 PM   #121
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancyuber
I remember hearing that last year...

and the year before..
yeah but if you'd read this thread (......) you'd know that there now PROBABLY exists a product which has been/is being mastered in the US right now
Old 08-31-2006, 09:13 PM   #122
ancyuber
Eskimo Regular

I did read this thread. =)
Old 08-31-2006, 09:13 PM   #123
Five Leaves Left
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvinC980t_kid
the term nigger is still a term that only blacks can use between eachother. it is NOT approiate for a white person to refer to their friend as "their nigger"

it is a black term used amongst black people. not for you or i.

way to be ignorant and not prove anything but that fact that you are retarded.
i disagree. i hate it even when black people use the word, it shows ignorance of the past and it is a complete disgrace.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:26 PM   #124
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik
So is it true now with this September release date for Damien's album?

Nope, I can use what i want and i can twist what i want. It's the world of the free. That's the greatest gift we have: using words out of context or twisting words to ridicule their "true meaning". Some people may not understand the healthy, cleansing sarcasm behind that. Have you ever seen the german "apple party"? They poke fun at the nazi parties in Germany while twisting their symbols, programms etc.

you truely are an ignorant peice of sh*t then. come to my town and use the word niggar... i would bet my life on it that you wouldn't leave with out spending a few days in the hospital. if you think it is fine to take words that are degrading to others and throw them around as you please... then you should realize it is idiots like you who are keeping racism alive.

if you don't learn from history you are bound to repeat it

Last edited by carvinC980t_kid; 08-31-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:26 PM   #125
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancyuber
I did read this thread. =)
yes, soz - just felt like being a know-it-all pri*k
Old 08-31-2006, 10:33 PM   #126
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Quote:
it is a black term used amongst black people. not for you or i.

Complete bull****. If "they" can use it, why not "other" people?
how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Old 08-31-2006, 10:47 PM   #127
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

because it was a hurtful word. i don't support them using it, but i also don't support them using it. do give me that bs 2nd grade mentality of "well, if they get too then i get too" are you black? does your history of your race show oppression due to the color of you skin? are there word that were used at one point and time only as a word to make you feel less of yourself just because the color of you skin? if there are for you and you have a history of racism against you, because of your color of you skin... then i'm sure you wouldn't like others calling you it also.

grow up mate. if you think it is ok to use a racial term that is STILL a word that is offensive to others... then you are f*cked in the head. i HIGHLY doubt you'd use that term infront of someone who is black, because you know it is wrong... but of course you have the balls to say it online...
Old 08-31-2006, 10:54 PM   #128
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

It's not a word I use, but I don't see why it should be any different for me to say it. What does it matter if I'm black?

Quote:
but of course you have the balls to say it online...
Could you please quote where exactly I said it?

-- Simon Armitage
Old 08-31-2006, 10:59 PM   #129
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

BEZZOOOMY funkstars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlttrGrrl
Shut it down! shut it down! This is really truly stupid and absurd. And I thought the dr forum people were bad...

It's called a TOPIC people! seriously...
AAAAh don't go there foo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmeanie
I dunno whether the comments were racists or not, but just had to say something about this bit since it irks me when people say stuff like that - there is no such thing as 'speaking the english language intelligently'. 'English', just like every other language, is made up of different forms or dialects, which all have their own grammar or language rules. The type of language which people were mocking is just a dialect like any other. No one dialect is more or less complex than another, and so can't be used to gauge intelligence. There is an idea that there is a correct way of speaking, but this is a social idea, not based on linguistic fact. If you mean they aren't using 'standard english', then that's true, but standard english is also a dialect, again no less or more complex than other forms.
was gonna say! true that!

H, political satire is one thing, but u can't go round screaming what u fancy. Not cos u've got no right to. But because it'll causes chaos.

Carvin, put ur head in an ice bucket, and chill. even taking the piss out of someone's voice is harsh. Irrispective of their colour. Although i respect u defending urself against being called a racist, That doesn't mean ur not being prejudiced. Just cos prejudice against the under-educated, the illiterate, the working classes, or even those who just have their own speaking form, isn't as taboo as racism, it doesn't mean it isn't as damaging.

Spam. I can't be bothered to fall into some tit-for-tat debate wit ya, so i'll say nout. I think u backed off now so no need to be telling ya ta chill atleast. Glad spoke out or whatever, but i think u missed the mark. that's my opinion though, and i'd rather leave it at that.

Doors. I think the fact is words only mean the intentions behind them. Nigger is primarily identified with degrading the black person it refers to. That's the feeling behind it. so if you say it it's oftern asumed that's what you mean to imply. A black person is generally considered to say the word in terms of comeradeship. So that is generally accepted. I understand what u say about double standards. So the diction warfare can only subside when social change takes place and black self-image is clarified.

Can we (everyone) leave it at that (the race issue that is)?

Last edited by PenguinBoy; 08-31-2006 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:03 PM   #130
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

it wasn't being ANYTHING when i simply made fun of people putting more effort into typing like "y0 d@wgg" then just typing "yo dog" i was making fun of that. it isn't prejudice or anything. i don't care if you talk that way, but i was just making light fun of putting more effot into typing in a weird manner then just normal typing.

Closing Doors, i wasn't quoting you.. i was stating that you will say that it is ok for whites to use it if blacks can online, but i don't think you'd tell that to a black person.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:05 PM   #131
alumni
Eskimo Regular

Hardly any black people in Germany. Thats the problem. Isolation breeds ignorance, whether they are good person or not at heart.

Also, hardly any in Ireland too. So understand carvin that people dont know about how badly they would be beated up if they dont have any black friends. Doesnt mean Closing Doors a bad person, just different culture.

Last edited by alumni; 08-31-2006 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:12 PM   #132
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Quote:
Closing Doors, i wasn't quoting you.. i was stating that you will say that it is ok for whites to use it if blacks can online, but i don't think you'd tell that to a black person.
I'd have no problem telling anyone how amazingly hypocritical it is. It doesn't really take a huge amount of balls... just a little common sense.

Where's Jason when you need him

-- Simon Armitage
Old 08-31-2006, 11:14 PM   #133
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumni
So understand carvin that people dont know about how badly they would be beated up if they dont have any black friends. Doesnt mean Closing Doors a bad person, just different culture.
You know I don't have any black friends, how?

-- Simon Armitage
Old 08-31-2006, 11:15 PM   #134
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumni
Hardly any black people in Germany. Thats the problem. Isolation breeds ignorance, whether they are good person or not at heart.

Also, hardly any in Ireland too. So understand carvin that people dont know about how badly they would be beated up if they dont have any black friends. Doesnt mean Closing Doors a bad person, just different culture.
i understand that. i've spent sometime in germany and i didn't really see any black people except for at this little mall thing in berlin where there was all this cheap 50cent chains and tupac shirts. other then that i didn't really see any. i understand that it is different there and that is why i mentioned try coming to where i live and act like it is no big deal. come to american where their opression was such a big deal, learn about it, and then i don't think people like closing doors would be speaking like this.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:19 PM   #135
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Quote:
and then i don't think people like closing doors would be speaking like this.
People like me?

The simple fact is if the word itself is so offensive, no one should be using it. Anything else is just hypocritical.

-- Simon Armitage
Old 08-31-2006, 11:21 PM   #136
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

of course it is hypocritical, but since they are using doesn't make it ok for you to use it? unless you too would like to be a hypocrite
Old 08-31-2006, 11:24 PM   #137
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

I want to talk about album! UG UG

what do u think it's gonna be like?

If u'd only listened to O u might thing that Damo was a "chillout" type music person.

If this album was like really heavy and explicit and a heart torn open. I'd love it, shunned by critics who'd call it "unlistenable tripe".

Or do u think he'll play the "buy my single" card? I doubt that. I think it'll be somewhere in the middle. O definately wasn't a an album written, it was songs written and put into an album. Would this time round be more thematic, cos of the fact that it's like probably been contemplated as an entire album? Would it be more artistic statement this time, than personal autobiographical self-lamentation(because of the pressure to write "a good album"?

I wonder.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:31 PM   #138
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

Quote:
it wasn't being ANYTHING when i simply made fun of people putting more effort into typing like "y0 d@wgg" then just typing "yo dog" i was making fun of that. it isn't prejudice or anything. i don't care if you talk that way, but i was just making light fun of putting more effot into typing in a weird manner then just normal typing.
yeah it was minor and insignificant, but i was just pointing out that it wasn't 100% unfounded. aaaaah shouldn't have replied.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:35 PM   #139
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Quote:
of course it is hypocritical, but since they are using doesn't make it ok for you to use it? unless you too would like to be a hypocrite
Don't be a child. I never used it and in fact I stated that its not a word I say. It's just ridiculous if people get angry if a white guy says it as opposed to a black guy.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing,
and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal....Oscar Wilde

-- Simon Armitage
Old 08-31-2006, 11:36 PM   #140
Timeé
Intello

my family are a bunch of racists bar me.

i have a nigerian black friend at school and he is cool, intelligent brilliant and i hate when my parents dont acknowledge that there are other people in the world apart from rural farmerish paddies like ourselves (well not me im mild).

alumni is 100% correct when saying "isolation breeds ignorance".
its merely the fact that they havent met anyone black properly nevermind befriended one. im too lazy and inferior to give them a lecture.

-Tim
A couple of bucks from you?
Old 08-31-2006, 11:43 PM   #141
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closing_Doors
Don't be a child.
take your own advice mate
Old 09-01-2006, 12:00 AM   #142
administrator
forum administrator

thanks everyone for being so grown up... i appreciate you ignoring my previous post in this thread... i'm now closing this thread. i don't want to have to babysit you... you've been rude and unfair to the people who wanted to talk about Damien Rice... there are other sites you can go to to fight with people if that's what you want to do...

Closed Thread