The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 10-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #91
damien lisa
am i breaking u

Old 10-28-2014, 07:20 PM   #92
verenita
... trusty and true ...

and... the hopeless love for the little man is all back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva_arg View Post
I wish it was longer.
same here... too short, but i won´t complain. endless thanks eva for doing this for us, to share this with us!

love he´s wearing flip flops
Old 10-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #93
damien lisa
am i breaking u

Old 10-30-2014, 02:37 AM   #94
Cremallero
Eskimo Friend

I'm not sure if it's been said, but who is the artist behind this fantastic artwork associated with My Favorite Faded Fantasy?

It says it on the back of the Physical Release of the single, but the picture has a glare where the name is...
Cremallero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:42 AM
angela_90115
This message has been deleted by angela_90115.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:47 AM
angela_90115
This message has been deleted by angela_90115.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:29 AM   #95
Accidental Baby
Eskimo Regular

Last edited by Accidental Baby; 10-30-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Accidental Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:02 AM   #96
Accidental Baby
Eskimo Regular

Drowned in sound review, rating: 9/10. http://drownedinsound.com/releases/1...eviews/4148426
Old 10-31-2014, 12:15 AM   #97
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

Has anyone asked him about the similarity in album title to Kanyes My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy?

I can't picture Damien being a fan of hip hop or anything pop, but still, from the day the title was released, I drew a parallel with Kanye. And as of yet, not a single article has picked up on this
radiohead33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:47 AM   #98
eskimo_friendly
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead33 View Post
Has anyone asked him about the similarity in album title to Kanyes My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy?

I can't picture Damien being a fan of hip hop or anything pop, but still, from the day the title was released, I drew a parallel with Kanye. And as of yet, not a single article has picked up on this
When it comes to music these days, there are an incredible amount of similarities (e.g. sounds, concepts, titles) between an incredible amount of new releases and previously released work and I've noticed that these similarities almost never get mentioned or pointed out by critics or anyone else, so I don't imagine these two very similar album titles will really be mentioned by anyone either.
eskimo_friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:07 AM   #99
Cremallero
Eskimo Friend

Number 1 in Ireland iTunes, fantastic.

On a dimmer note, I think to those of us who ordered the bundles online and are due the digital download are going to have to wait till the release date they have, November 10.

This is where I get antsy and wonder... to listen to leaks or to wait it out...
Old 10-31-2014, 04:22 AM   #100
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

so is the album released Nov 3 in Ireland and then Nov 11 the rest of the world?

The fact it leaked nearly 2 weeks ahead of its release in the US, is unprecedented Few albums leak that early anymore. So it would make sense if the Nov 3rd date it the correct release since thats only in a few days
Old 10-31-2014, 04:48 AM   #101
Cremallero
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
so is the album released Nov 3 in Ireland and then Nov 11 the rest of the world?

The fact it leaked nearly 2 weeks ahead of its release in the US, is unprecedented Few albums leak that early anymore. So it would make sense if the Nov 3rd date it the correct release since thats only in a few days
Well its available to download in Ireland's iTunes store in full right now. So I'm a bit confused with the dates too.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:01 AM   #102
mattministrator
Eskimo Regular

Has anyone with a pre-order heard from Warner about either the physical copies being shipped or a download link being sent out? I'm on the verge of additionally buying the iTunes album, but that doesn't feel quite right.
mattministrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:23 AM   #103
InspirationDestination
Eskimo Regular

My iTunes pre-order says it is expected to be available on 10/10.
InspirationDestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:36 AM   #104
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

sadly you´ll have to wait, the release date is today Europe, Monday in the UK and US the following week, and of course you´re not gonna get it earlier... for many other artists, it´s the other way around and Europe have to wait not weeks but months for the release...

plus it didn´t leak 2 weeks before the US release, don´t exaggerate, it was simply put on a streaming site a few hours before the Irish release (Oct 31), maybe it was even Oct 31 already in China

Last edited by borneoman; 10-31-2014 at 09:04 AM.
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:28 AM   #105
Chann
Eskimo Friend

Hm, here in the Netherlands, it also seems to be available on Nov 10th in iTunes.

I'll just be patiently waiting until I receive my physical copy. ^^
Chann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #106
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

weird cos in the Netherlands albums are always released on the Fri prior to the UK release, same as Ireland, Belgium etc... so it should be in the shops today, definitely not on the 10th
Old 10-31-2014, 11:38 AM   #107
carrroline
person

Chan, are you using the Dutch itunes store? (You can easily change stores, even when you're not actually in that country)
I was using the US store for a while (unknowingly)...
It's available in the Belgian store for sure. I can't imagine that it wouldn't be available in the Netherlands.
carrroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:41 AM   #108
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

just checked itunes-Netherlands and the album is indeed available. there is even a big banner when you open itunes-Netherlands!!!
Old 10-31-2014, 11:44 AM   #109
Chann
Eskimo Friend

Ohh, haha, I didn't check. I never really use the iTunes store actually... :P Blond, eh?

Just found out it actually is available in the Dutch iTunes store! Moreoever, it's also nr 1 in the Netherlands!

And, indeed, here's the large banner on the iTunes homepage in the Netherlands:

Last edited by Chann; 10-31-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:44 AM   #110
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

also out in Germany, Belgium, Ireland

not in Denmark until Monday, like in the UK, for some reason
Old 10-31-2014, 11:50 AM   #111
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

anyway, people from the countries mentioned above (Belgium, NL, Germany, Ireland), if you ordered the bundle with the wooden box, you should also have received today the album as mp3s + this exclusive track Camarillas

did people get it???? maybe we can share it via pm I mean, don´t post it in here or yt but share via pm
Old 10-31-2014, 11:57 AM   #112
carrroline
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
anyway, people from the countries mentioned above (Belgium, NL, Germany, Ireland), if you ordered the bundle with the wooden box, you should also have received today the album as mp3s + this exclusive track Camarillas

did people get it???? maybe we can share it via pm I mean, don´t post it in here or yt but share via pm
I didn't get it yet. I ordered the deluxe bundle though. But I only received the download link for IDWCY a couple of days ago. They're not real fast at warner apparently… (hence the itunes download)
carrroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:27 PM   #113
Chann
Eskimo Friend

I also ordered the deluxe bundle with everything in it, but only received the download of IDWCY and the soundcloud link of TGB. Nothing else yet...
Old 10-31-2014, 12:30 PM   #114
melodie
mmm bop.

i also ordered the deluxe bundle, and if anyone wants to share the mp3s with me via pm, i would be more than grateful.
melodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:34 PM   #115
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Just noticed that Warner is selling the FLAC version of the album on their store now... http://store.warnermusic.com/my-favo...ac-615244.html

It bothers me a little that who bought the deluxe bundle will only get mp3's instead... does that make sense?
I don't think the physical version will arrive on release day, soi t would have been great to at least receive a link to listen to the lossless version...
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:03 PM   #116
Cremallero
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
Just noticed that Warner is selling the FLAC version of the album on their store now... http://store.warnermusic.com/my-favo...ac-615244.html

It bothers me a little that who bought the deluxe bundle will only get mp3's instead... does that make sense?
I don't think the physical version will arrive on release day, soi t would have been great to at least receive a link to listen to the lossless version...
You know glo, I was thinking the same thing. To spend money on any of the premium bundles and not get the FLAC files is kind of bs.

I am absolutely leaning toward finding a FLAC torrent and going ahead with listening. Has anyone here purchased the FLAC pack from Warner?
Old 10-31-2014, 05:20 PM   #117
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
sadly you´ll have to wait, the release date is today Europe, Monday in the UK and US the following week, and of course you´re not gonna get it earlier... for many other artists, it´s the other way around and Europe have to wait not weeks but months for the release...

plus it didn´t leak 2 weeks before the US release, don´t exaggerate, it was simply put on a streaming site a few hours before the Irish release (Oct 31), maybe it was even Oct 31 already in China

It leaked yesterday the 30th. The release date is the 11th. Thats a day or two from being 2 full weeks. Its out there. it leaked. thats 12 or 13 days ahead of schedule.

Thats 2 weeks bro.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:07 PM   #118
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
It leaked yesterday the 30th. The release date is the 11th. Thats a day or two from being 2 full weeks. Its out there. it leaked. thats 12 or 13 days ahead of schedule.

Thats 2 weeks bro.
I understand your point, but honestly, it really only leaked a day ahead of its actual release in Ireland. Even though it won't be physically available in the states til the 11th, you know as well as I do, if you wanted it once it was released elsewhere, you could readily find it. Once it's out officially in one country, it's "out" worldwide for those who know where to look.
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:33 PM   #119
tessalasset
Eskimo Regular

I have no qualms with downloading it illegally since I've pre-ordered the most expensive box set. I buy literally everything he releases.
tessalasset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:05 AM   #120
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
I have no qualms with downloading it illegally since I've pre-ordered the most expensive box set. I buy literally everything he releases.
I have no qualms either. And, I buy every release as well. Just sad that I'll have to wait til the 11th (or possibly later due to shipping) to listen to it on vinyl. I may have to go to my local record shop and buy another copy if it doesn't arrive on release day.
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote