Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 09-18-2014, 08:54 AM   #331
Larissa
Eskimo Friend

I have tickets for Brussels but i live in the Netherlands, if anyone would like to exchange, let me know
Larissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:07 AM   #332
nottoolatetostart
Eskimo Baby

Hi! First time poster, but have been reading this forum for 8 freaking years trying to find out more info on when a new album would be coming out. Thank you guys for everything! Figured I would finally join with all the craziness of presale going on...

In 2006, I flew to LA to see him at the Orpheum for two back-to-back nights. It was magical.

I was able to get London seats! Also got 1 Warsaw ticket. Super excited. I've been telling my husband for years now that he would go back on tour and to be ready.

Good luck to everyone trying for Friday.
nottoolatetostart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #333
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^I was at those shows at the Orpheum, amazing shows, with the Swell Season opening if I remember correctly

anyway, does anyone know where to the sale for London is tomorrow? again at dr.com or in some other place?????
Old 09-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #334
RenataAQP
Eskimo Regular

Default The Box tickets

for anyone who bought tickets for The Box, was your credit card already charged? I bought two tickets and i don't see any pending or posted transaction for it on my credit card. I did get the email confirmation though.
i wouldn't mind not getting charged for the tickets hehe but just getting nervous.
has anybody else not being charged yet?
Old 09-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #335
mikerennie
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenataAQP View Post
for anyone who bought tickets for The Box, was your credit card already charged? I bought two tickets and i don't see any pending or posted transaction for it on my credit card. I did get the email confirmation though.
i wouldn't mind not getting charged for the tickets hehe but just getting nervous.
has anybody else not being charged yet?
I have a full charge from ticketweb for the Brooklyn show and an Authorized Temporary Merchant authorization - waiting for final amount from merchant for the Saturday Box Show.

I don't want to scare you but you should look into.
mikerennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #336
RenataAQP
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerennie View Post
I have a full charge from ticketweb for the Brooklyn show and an Authorized Temporary Merchant authorization - waiting for final amount from merchant for the Saturday Box Show.

I don't want to scare you but you should look into.
i do have a full charge from the Brooklyn show but nothing for the saturday one...:S
yeah, might have to call my cc company
Old 09-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #337
bonesmcgee
Eskimo Baby

Does anyone know when the tickets for the public sale go on sale tomorrow? It is not clear on the DR website. Thanks
bonesmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #338
commonsense
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenataAQP View Post
i do have a full charge from the Brooklyn show but nothing for the saturday one...:S
yeah, might have to call my cc company
Mine says "Pending-OCC*Official Community" then theres a phone number and my state. total charges $116.00, which is the correct amount.
commonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #339
Topspin047
tennis pro

Default awful presale

I'm not sure how everyone else made out in the presale, but my experience was awful. I was ready at 9a.m. with the presale password for Brooklyn, and every time I entered it, it said that code was not yet validated. There was also no place for me to input the amount of tickets. I am very upset with TicketWeb and feel it was poorly managed. When I called them to ask about Tickets as their portal was clearly not working, he said the tickets were sold out. I was never even able to present the presale password (drmfff) that I was e-mailed about. I'm very disappointed about the presale and I hope I can get tickets on Friday. I'm wondering if I should just call them right away at noon or if I should try Ticket Web again. Thoughts? What experiences did you guys have?
Old 09-18-2014, 03:55 PM   #340
Agent99
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspin047 View Post
I'm not sure how everyone else made out in the presale, but my experience was awful. I was ready at 9a.m. with the presale password for Brooklyn, and every time I entered it, it said that code was not yet validated. There was also no place for me to input the amount of tickets. I am very upset with TicketWeb and feel it was poorly managed. When I called them to ask about Tickets as their portal was clearly not working, he said the tickets were sold out. I was never even able to present the presale password (drmfff) that I was e-mailed about. I'm very disappointed about the presale and I hope I can get tickets on Friday. I'm wondering if I should just call them right away at noon or if I should try Ticket Web again. Thoughts? What experiences did you guys have?
Yes, if you read the thread you'll see it happened to all of us. Some inquired and/or kept trying. It seemed the promoter didn't realease the tickets until 10am, and most of us didn't have a problem purchasing then.
Agent99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #341
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

Ditto about the tickets being released at 10 am. Someone on Facebook kindly pointed out that the Ticketweb said the presale started at 10, then moved that to 9. There must have been miscommunication since it definitely went on sale at 10 on the dot. After the disappointment of The Box's presale, it was a relief. Hopefully you can get tickets on Friday, at least to Brooklyn since Warsaw is at least twice the size of The Box.
signalfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #342
Why'dYouSingHallelujah
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramiendice View Post
Paid $60 for my Toronto ticket.. Stubhub wants $330US right around me. What a joke. Hopefully the real fans get tickets.
this is not looking likely. There are already 4 pages of tickets on stubhub for T.O show and people are not having luck logging out with tickets right at 9 on the dot this am, they were already gone. it is so frustrating that such a limited ticket event are being eaten up by bloody scalpers.
I hope I can get something tomorrow but otherwise see ya in another 10 years am absolutely not paying stubhub prices.
Why'dYouSingHallelujah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #343
Shillelagh
Eskimo Bro

Some arsehole scalper has a bunch of front section tickets for $5K
Shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:09 PM   #344
carrroline
person

That's just so wrong... I wonder if all these idiots even have the tickets they're selling.
carrroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #345
Nine
Inuit

Sorry if this has already been said but... I can't BELIEVE how much tickets for London are. It's obscene!
Old 09-18-2014, 08:40 PM   #346
madhat181
Uber Fan

So all the tickets bought directly from DR.com are Will Call?
madhat181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #347
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^yep, anti-scalper measures
Old 09-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #348
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillelagh View Post
Feck it. I'm going and I'm gonna blow the doors off of it. I'll watch the AHole Kings raise their Stanley Cup banner Wednesday, Damo Thursday and the head to Vegas Friday. Up 5 large by Saturday.
Can we be friends? Love that attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post
did you get yours in the end?
I did, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
anyway, does anyone know where to the sale for London is tomorrow? again at dr.com or in some other place?????
Gigs and tours have some, I think!

Hopefully for the next tour (feels nice to be able to confidently say that) they can control the presale link better to try and prevent touts. These sales should prove that Damien can still sell these venues no problem.

Good luck tomorrow

Last edited by Moves-My-World; 09-18-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Moves-My-World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:22 PM   #349
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moves-My-World View Post
I did, thanks!
very happy for you see you there then.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:25 PM   #350
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight View Post
Got a ticket for Chicago!! I had to leave a mandatory training at work and hide in the bathroom, but I logged on my phone right at 9:00 and it went right through. Only I never received a confirmation email so I was sweating it, emailed the help address and they resent me a copy, saying I hadn't received the confirmation because they had typed my email address wrong!

Was trying for floor but got balcony for some weird reason, but after reading all of everyone's woes I'm not complaining! Good luck on Friday, it's not over yet, and I'm sure he'll be back in the new year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawno View Post
Yay! Yay! Yay! So happy for you!!!
me too, melissa. i´m very happy for you

dawno, best of luck tomorrow... you are mrs gig, so you will get yours in the end
Old 09-19-2014, 01:05 AM   #351
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post
me too, melissa. i´m very happy for you

dawno, best of luck tomorrow... you are mrs gig, so you will get yours in the end
Thanks Vere... please send positive vibes my way, I'm not feeling overly confident.
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:09 AM   #352
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhat181 View Post
So all the tickets bought directly from DR.com are Will Call?
Very curious to see if there will be actual tickets or if it's a list that you need to provide id to get in. As much as I love to save stubs, I really hope it's going to be the latter, and that it will screw over any scalpers who bought tix in the hopes of gouging a real fan.
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:44 AM   #353
RenataAQP
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawno View Post
Very curious to see if there will be actual tickets or if it's a list that you need to provide id to get in. As much as I love to save stubs, I really hope it's going to be the latter, and that it will screw over any scalpers who bought tix in the hopes of gouging a real fan.
i'm not seeing any tickets on stubhub for The box and the email confirmation has my name under "ticket pick-up name" and it also says "resale invalidates the ticket"; so hopefully that keeps those dirty scalpers away from getting tickets.
Good luck tomorrow!
Old 09-19-2014, 05:22 AM   #354
Topspin047
tennis pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent99 View Post
Yes, if you read the thread you'll see it happened to all of us. Some inquired and/or kept trying. It seemed the promoter didn't realease the tickets until 10am, and most of us didn't have a problem purchasing then.

Well, I am never very lucky...I did try again at 10a.m. on the dot because I figured that was the case, but there was still no option for me to purchase tickets? It seems as if I could never select how many tickets I wanted to purchase, and therefore it wouldn't let me enter my card info.

Is the time for tomorrow 10a.m. or 12p.m.??? Because I've seen both now. And I'm feeling some deja vu.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:58 AM   #355
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I think they´re doing a good job at preventing scalpers! at least they´re trying
Old 09-19-2014, 07:53 AM   #356
ramiendice
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why'dYouSingHallelujah View Post
this is not looking likely. There are already 4 pages of tickets on stubhub for T.O show and people are not having luck logging out with tickets right at 9 on the dot this am, they were already gone. it is so frustrating that such a limited ticket event are being eaten up by bloody scalpers.
I hope I can get something tomorrow but otherwise see ya in another 10 years am absolutely not paying stubhub prices.
See what happens first you still have a chance, I hope you get something! If not this is only the promo tour, i'm sure he'll do a full tour with more dates everywhere.
ramiendice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:48 AM   #357
Jonboiuk87
Eskimo Baby

Operation get London tickets round 2! very tired after watching the scottish independence vote but ready to go
Jonboiuk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:06 AM   #358
Jonboiuk87
Eskimo Baby

Operation suceeded....sooooooo much better experience than on Wednesday...Good Luck to whoever is still trying to get tickets!!!!

p.s. Try using SeeTickets rather than gigs and tours, site traffic will probably be loewr as wasn't advertised on DR.com
Old 09-19-2014, 09:10 AM   #359
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

but did you get good tix??

I tried but it was giving a seat so so far (row T, which is like row 25), so I didn´t take it, I mean, not gonna pay 100E to be on row 25

Last edited by borneoman; 09-19-2014 at 09:17 AM.
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:13 AM   #360
Jonboiuk87
Eskimo Baby

Right I also have one ticket held for the upper circle in London I can buy it....if someone wants it but must respond in next 5 min!!!! Better going to fans than touts!!!