older Chests
Couldn't Love You More (John Martyn)
Cold Water > Hallelujah

Encore:
Prague (cheers darlin tease)
Baby Sister
Cannonball
Silent Night

I don't think I could articulate how exciting this concert was to attend. I had been waiting four months for last night, and it lived up to my every expectation. I had seventh row seats, and though I was happy I wanted to be closer...so during the Frames set I upgraded myself to second row bitches. Anyway the Frames kicked ass, and I respect the lead singer for voicing his opinion about Bush, I have to say I agree with him. After their set I went up and shook the lead singer's hand and asked him if Lisa's voice was going to hold up and he told me not to worry about it.

So Damien's set. All of the songs kicked ass but Ill just comment on a few. Damien seemed very talkative, I was a bit worried he would be burnt out from three shows in three days. Lisa's voice held up very well for being sick. She did have to turn away from the mic a few times to cough.
He told the story about Amie, which he said he hasn't told to often. He said he was pissed off about some small thing and he decided to go over to his good girl friend's house. He was being pissed off at the world and that he couldn't share the bed with this girl. She told him to look up at the sky and look for a sign. All the wile Damien was skeptical until he saw a shooting star. But after a minute he still was pissed and wanted another sign. Then he saw somethign which he couldn't explain.

He talked about Tongue, being a departure from the commercial music he was being forced to write with his former band. He said he needed to make songs for himself even though it was a bit selfish.

Eskimo friend, he asked Vyvienne (sp?) to tell the story because she had heard it so many times. I felt a little anxious for her because she seemed so nervous. Anyway she went into a story about masterbating, and I was tottally lost. Damien informed her she was not telling the story about eskimo friend and she got a little embarressed.

Cold water was amazing, they lowered the lights gradually until it was totally dark. Vyv put a light in her cello and I almost let out a tear. Then they went into Hallelujah, perfect closer.

Encore

Prague had a cheers darlin tease in it, and I was really hoping it would carry over into its own song.
Silent Night was so beautiful, Damein got on his knees during the song, which to me showed great respect.

So yes I could continue on, but I will save you the pain.

Part 2

meeting the band....

Damien Rice- 4/11
absltcit33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:31 PM   #2
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

I can't wait until part 2
GlttrGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:38 PM   #3
Burningman
Eskimo Friend

damn strait.

such suspense.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:09 AM   #4
Venomous Valdez
Eskimo Regular

oh my, a different set list from the night before. i wish i would have been there.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:57 AM   #5
unexplainedmuse
Eskimo Regular

when he got onto his knees it added so much feelingto the song for some reason,

i kept looking back and forth at lisa and damien, i couldnt stick with just one..

ah...i remember one funny bit where they were talking about tomo`s drumming, and damien mocked the leg movements he does

vyvienne goes 'like a horse'

the band kinda stopped and looked at her, after a breif moment of silence damien says 'vyviennes from another planet........a nice planet tho'

and vyvienne lifted up her cello and hid behind it..[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

i wish i woulda snapped a picture of that[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

ok..so noone wants 2 reviews of them same show...so ill just add here and there if i remember anything else
Old 04-13-2004, 08:45 AM   #6
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

Thank you for a great review absltcit33! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]