Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #121
totalsellout
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesoleInBoston View Post
Keep your chin up if you were blocked out of the presale today. I was blocked out of the Damien Rice presale for the Box in New York (teeny tiny club), but was able to get a ticket when the regular sale happened. I think the Damien Rice presale can sometimes be just a tiny block of tickets.
This is true. For Philly (non-ticketmaster), only the first 6 rows (of many) were in the presale.
totalsellout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #122
dawno
just mildly free

Got within 1st three rows for Philly, and bought row U orch for the Beacon on the app.

On hold with ticketmaster now because they are apparently obstructed view and that was not indicated when i bought them.
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #123
madhat181
Uber Fan

I got 2 in the Lower Balcony Row A!!! I guess it was easier to get a single in the Orchrestra.
madhat181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #124
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlttrGrrl View Post
That's a glimmer of hope for some. But with the best reserved seats in the house already gone, I'm feeling super deflated.
The might not've sold every ticket in those rows, and speaking from experience at the Apollo, any seat is nice once Damien starts playing. You may not have a great view, but it's still a hell of a show.

dawno, around where in the orchestra are you? I now feel worried that my seat is obstructed too.
signalfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:40 PM   #125
Circa1992
Eskimo Regular

UGH, the stress!!! Tried for Beacon Theater- for some reason the first minute it wouldn't let me click the "search" button after I gave the code and location preference, and I was freaking out! Thankfully, once it actually let me search I did manage to pull 1 orch rowCC seat 13 and grabbed it! After that, I pulled 1in Loge1 row B seat 11.

Last edited by Circa1992; 11-19-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Circa1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #126
dawno
just mildly free

It's weird Casey, I'm row U, seats 104-105. There was no indication of that being obstructed view. I wonder if they are considered that because it's under the loge overhang and you can't see the ceiling. They're about 2 rows behind the soundboard but just to the left of it. I've sat under there before, and while it's not optimal, it's not awful.

Where are your seats?

I may hang on to them anyway and try to upgrade.

And I just looked at my charge, they were only $64.10 as opposed to $88...

Last edited by dawno; 11-19-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:42 PM   #127
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circa1992 View Post
UGH, the stress!!! Tried for Beacon Theater- for some reason the first minute it wouldn't let me click the "search" button after I gave the code and location preference, and I was freaking out! Thankfully, once it actually let me search I did manage to pull 1 orch rowCC seat 13 and grabbed it!
Nice Liz!
Old 11-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #128
conanemily
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circa1992 View Post
UGH, the stress!!! Tried for Beacon Theater- for some reason the first minute it wouldn't let me click the "search" button after I gave the code and location preference, and I was freaking out! Thankfully, once it actually let me search I did manage to pull 1 orch rowCC seat 13 and grabbed it!
that's a great seat!! guess will see you there again
conanemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #129
blindmelonade
Eskimo Friend

I frantically downloaded the app about 20 minutes into no luck with the site for beacon and was able to pull up 1 seat for orch row z...

And as far as i can tell, there are still at least single tickets on the app...
blindmelonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #130
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawno View Post
It's weird Casey, I'm row U, seats 104-105. There was no indication of that being obstructed view. I wonder if they are considered that because it's under the loge overhang and you can't see the ceiling. They're about 2 rows behind the soundboard but just to the left of it. I've sat under there before, and while it's not optimal, it's not awful.

Where are your seats?

I may hang on to them anyway and try to upgrade.

And I just looked at my charge, they were only $64.10 as opposed to $88...
Mine is X 20. Mine was $64.10 as well, no mention of an obstructed view in the email confirmation or anything. Curious. I'm going to try for a better seat in the general sale, and if I can't nab one, at least I'm in the building!
Old 11-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #131
dawno
just mildly free

I tend to doubt that every ticket in the front few rows was set aside for the Philly presale.

It's a beautiful venue, I had 2nd row pit there to see the National. The venue sometimes uses a seat picker during onsales though I don't think that I bought my National seats that way.

Anyway, do we know if the general onsale will take place thru dr.com or will it be through kimmelcenter.org? If the latter, it might be worth registering an account now so as to save time on Friday.

BTW - If anyone has seen the documentary, Mistaken for Strangers, by the brother of the National's lead singer, the last scene takes place at this venue.

Good luck to everyone! Don't give up, there are plenty of great seats available.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #132
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalfire View Post
Mine is X 20. Mine was $64.10 as well, no mention of an obstructed view in the email confirmation or anything. Curious. I'm going to try for a better seat in the general sale, and if I can't nab one, at least I'm in the building!
the really weird thing is it only says obstructed view in the app... my email confirmation doesn't say that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg obsview.jpg (40.9 KB, 42 views)
Old 11-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #133
ashleyz
Eskimo Friend

I think that's something with ticketmaster because my email didn't give me location information of my tickets (left versus right)...I had to view the tickets like that through the website to see more info.
ashleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #134
conanemily
Eskimo Regular

didn't get any confirmation email from ticketmaster at all, which is weird...
Old 11-19-2014, 03:10 PM   #135
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanemily View Post
didn't get any confirmation email from ticketmaster at all, which is weird...
Check your orders. If it shows up there, you should be fine. I got my confirmation, but I have had the email be delayed before.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #136
blindmelonade
Eskimo Friend

Anyone have any experience with row z at the beacon? Im thinking of trying for something a little better for the public sale.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:14 PM   #137
conanemily
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Check your orders. If it shows up there, you should be fine. I got my confirmation, but I have had the email be delayed before.
it's not there either but credit card has been charged...
Old 11-19-2014, 03:14 PM   #138
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Quote:
The might not've sold every ticket in those rows
True. You and dawno give me hope that there are still good seats left, and I have had luck in the past with last minute ticket drops, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
and speaking from experience at the Apollo, any seat is nice once Damien starts playing. You may not have a great view, but it's still a hell of a show.
I confess that I am spoiled. I've never been further back than about row 6 or row 10, except for the show with Fiona Apple at the Greek, and that was probably my least favorite show. I like being close and feeling like he's playing for me and my friends in my living room. I also can't justify the high price of the tickets if I'm so far away from the stage. So I will just keep my fingers crossed.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #139
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindmelonade View Post
Anyone have any experience with row z at the beacon? Im thinking of trying for something a little better for the public sale.
Row Z would be in left orch, yes? You'll be close to the door leading to the lobby.

I had row y center for Oasis many years ago, before they renovated. It wasn't bad at all, except we were in the middle of a heat wave and it was hot.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #140
mikerennie
Eskimo Regular

I managed to grab
  • 1 NYC Beacon ORCH1 Row L Seat in the 26
  • 1 Boston ORCH Row JJ Seat 8
  • 1 Boston ORCH Row B Seat low 108 (For a friend)

I think they are to the side of the theater but I'm happy.
mikerennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #141
ashleyz
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerennie View Post
I managed to grab
  • 1 NYC Beacon ORCH1 Row L Seat in the 26
  • 1 Boston ORCH Row JJ Seat 8
  • 1 Boston ORCH Row B Seat low 108 (For a friend)

I think they are to the side of the theater but I'm happy.
Seat 8 is on the far side and seat 108 is offside but more center for the Boston shows. Still really good though!! I got orch row m so I'm gonna try to get better seats but the Orpheum is great. I've been there so many times and the view/sound has always been good.
ashleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #142
InspirationDestination
Eskimo Regular

Was able to get E for Beacon! Nothing for Philly!

This is too much stress. Toronto tickets already on Stubhub.
InspirationDestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #143
blindmelonade
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawno View Post
Row Z would be in left orch, yes? You'll be close to the door leading to the lobby.

I had row y center for Oasis many years ago, before they renovated. It wasn't bad at all, except we were in the middle of a heat wave and it was hot.
I'm still able to pull up tickets in orch and loge...but I'm a little hesitant because the public sale might have something better.

Plus, now i have the app which apparently brings up tickets immediately, it's really great.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #144
Another Fool
What more can I say?

Chicago was giving me nothing for the first 30 min. Managed to pull some expensive orchestra seats but it was way in the back.

Went with Section FBLC-C , Row B because it's the second row of the balcony right in the center. Should be a good view.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:06 PM   #145
RenataAQP
Eskimo Regular

I just bought two tickets for the show in Boulder, CO. it says GA-Stand only (which is not my favorite) but then the confirmation email says this:
Tickets will be available for pick up at the venue ON THE DAY OF THE SHOW ONLY. Your tickets are guaranteed to be within General Admission Standing. You will receive your exact seat location via email within 4-6 weeks of purchase. ALL SALES ARE FINAL

so I'm confused, is it standing only or is it seated?
Old 11-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #146
madhat181
Uber Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindmelonade View Post
I'm still able to pull up tickets in orch and loge...but I'm a little hesitant because the public sale might have something better.

Plus, now i have the app which apparently brings up tickets immediately, it's really great.
Yea I was trying to pull tickets on my comp and nothing. The app was there straight away. I might try to get better seats on Friday
madhat181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #147
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhat181 View Post
Yea I was trying to pull tickets on my comp and nothing. The app was there straight away. I might try to get better seats on Friday
When I tried for the Beacon on my computer, it said I had a 15 minute wait. It just seemed to hang in the queue.

I pulled row v on the app and threw them back. Then I pulled row u and decided to keep them, just in case. Might also try to upgrade in the gen onsale.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #148
conanemily
Eskimo Regular

I called Ticketmaster customer service, they said my Row C ticket is showing in their system, but for some reason it's not showing in my Ticketmaster account... Ah such a relief!!
Now I have an extra Row P ticket =_= bought again just in case the first one was messed up by the system.

Too stressful for sure!!
Old 11-19-2014, 04:35 PM   #149
citlali
Eskimo Friend

I got tickets in Toronto. I am going to see him for first time, I cannot wait until the Spring.
citlali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:59 PM   #150
tessalasset
Eskimo Regular

My hands are sweaty.
tessalasset is offline   Reply With Quote