Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 12-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #781
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva_arg View Post
U2 are playing in the city where I live in March. not only that, they're bringing Muse as their support band!! I love them, I saw them in 2008 and it was one of the best shows I've been to.

they added another gig (on april 2nd), since the first one is sold out. eva, did you get your ticket already? i think they´ll spend a few days in buenos aires.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #782
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

thanks! I didn't know. I got a ticket on Tuesday for the first night after about 4 hours of queuing... I'm tempted to go the other night also, maybe if I can get one of the cheapest ones
eva_arg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #783
verenita
... trusty and true ...

borrow a banco fracés credit card for pre-sale... they will be on sale from dec 15th. good luck, and i´m glad you have your ticket
Old 12-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #784
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille View Post
Because it's *&%¤&#!!!* Expensive?
lol. It's so true... it's taken me this long to save up for it!
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #785
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i bought two pretty summer dresses at a charity clothes fair...

and, finally, i finished my work! (just sent it). i am free now

Last edited by verenita; 12-13-2010 at 02:26 AM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:52 AM   #786
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

yay for verena! how do your new dresses look?
Old 12-13-2010, 02:26 AM   #787
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ (i also bought a skirt and a funny bag.) one is blue, classic summer dress and the other one is more beautiful, full of colours, which main colour is orange (quite weird for me, cause i don´t like orange for clothes).

for today: beautiful day in the mountains by the river and such a great weather. i enjoyed sunday so much
Old 12-14-2010, 12:07 AM   #788
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

oh, lovely! i'm just dreaming of summer here right now - it's just so cold... brrrrrr... all those layers! it just takes so long to put them on and off all the time...

anyway - my big smile for today only got bigger! as i already wrote in the random thread a dream came true for me today: i found a j.s. bach collection with all the pieces he ever wrote, including 157 cd's (i guess i remember right), 2 dvd's and one dvd-rom containing all the scores! which means several thousand pages! and he's been my favourite composer ever since i was little (4y). and it was even affordable for everything that it contains! so, i was over the moon when i found that, almost cried when i saw it, etc.
BUT what made me smile more was when my husband came home because i discovered a cd i thought he might like as he loves rachmaninov, played some pieces himself. and when he was at school he got a tape of rachmaninov playing rachmaninov, the 2nd and the 3rd piano concert. then he borrowed it to a girl and never got it back. so he tried to find it (more or less actively, but still). so i showed it to him, saying that i hope that he doesn't have it already and he just sat there (thankfully) unable to move. and when he'd collected himself again he told me that he'd been looking for this recording for over a decade. and this made me smile even more
Old 12-15-2010, 01:38 AM   #789
Emelie
I drank a lavalamp...

Holy wow that Bach thing sounds absolutely epic in the true sense of the word! I'm so happy for you! If I could find something like that for Chopin I'd be the happiest little girl..
Emelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:51 AM   #790
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
oh, lovely! i'm just dreaming of summer here right now - it's just so cold... brrrrrr... all those layers! it just takes so long to put them on and off all the time...

anyway - my big smile for today only got bigger! as i already wrote in the random thread a dream came true for me today: i found a j.s. bach collection with all the pieces he ever wrote, including 157 cd's (i guess i remember right), 2 dvd's and one dvd-rom containing all the scores! which means several thousand pages! and he's been my favourite composer ever since i was little (4y). and it was even affordable for everything that it contains! so, i was over the moon when i found that, almost cried when i saw it, etc.
BUT what made me smile more was when my husband came home because i discovered a cd i thought he might like as he loves rachmaninov, played some pieces himself. and when he was at school he got a tape of rachmaninov playing rachmaninov, the 2nd and the 3rd piano concert. then he borrowed it to a girl and never got it back. so he tried to find it (more or less actively, but still). so i showed it to him, saying that i hope that he doesn't have it already and he just sat there (thankfully) unable to move. and when he'd collected himself again he told me that he'd been looking for this recording for over a decade. and this made me smile even more
that's a super sweet story! and i like how you both seem to have such a huge shared passion

it's two days until i go home for christmas
Old 12-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #791
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emelie View Post
Holy wow that Bach thing sounds absolutely epic in the true sense of the word! I'm so happy for you! If I could find something like that for Chopin I'd be the happiest little girl..

check this out
http://brilliantclassics.com/search_...omposer=chopin

oh, that's lovely, livi! how long are you over for? are you doing the erasmus thing for a semester? then it might be over soon, won't it?
Old 12-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #792
Emelie
I drank a lavalamp...

^ Now I'm gonna try and find that but with the sheet music as well and if I do... WIIIIIIIIIIIII
Emelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:39 AM   #793
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

well, the first one says it includes a cd-rom. so i guess that might contain the sheet music. but well, it's just a guess... i wouldn't know anything else that it could be
Old 12-16-2010, 02:20 AM   #794
rachlanee
Eskimo Regular

I am addicted to this blu ray player we have now. It has Pandora radio and am listening to a lot of great artists I've never heard of before. And I can watch youtube as well. My favorite musicians and videos on a 52" screen... ahhhh, was I complaining that it's cold outside?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:18 PM   #795
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ that sounds good

as for me... i´ve just finished one of my jobs! they were two hard weeks that are over now. i am so tired that i can´t enjoy it properly now... but i will i´m going to listen to my friend singing (i´ve never seen her singing with her choir) and i´ll spend two days in the mountains this weekend

plus: i´ve just been told that roxette is coming to buenos aires next april they were my favourite band when i was a teen and i so love marie´s voice
last, but not least... it´s friday, my friends! i hope each of you find something worthy to do this weekend that brings you smiles and laughter. many hugs and much love
Old 12-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #796
Ships_Were_Sailin
Eskimo Regular

So ive been playing guitar for about 5 years, but it never occurred to me to try and sing.... so recently, for the first time ever i wrote a song with vocals! Its something ive been really self conscious about, and ive been back and fourth as to whether or not to show it to people. But this morning ive been getting some pretty positive feedback on it, it made my day!

Here is the track if you guys wanna hear it: http://www.purevolume.com/Qas

Also, as a side note, theres a lyric in the first chorus that i wrote about a girl that i like, and that very same girl listened to the song and said on my facebook page 'Qas, Marry me...' haha!

That also made my day! Im quite happy this morning

Yet i keep going to where it seems i'm meant to go
Ships_Were_Sailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:23 AM   #797
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ (haven´t listened to the song yet, i´ll tell you what i think once i hear it.)

as for me... besides of the beautiful day in the mountains, something that really made me and my friend (who i traveled to ireland with) smile. we were at the supermaket, buying some stuff we needed to spend the day... and we both chose a bottle of guinness (). so, this guy looked at us and he went: "were are you from?" (in english). so, my friend said: "from here... oh, you´re irish?" (cause he so looked like irish ). he said yes and that he was curious about the guinness ("it´s from my hometown, dublin") and bla, bla, bla... and suddenly, we both were talking to this nice irish guy (who lives in mendoza sine 15 years ago!), laughing and wishing merry xmas and happy new year to each other, lol. quite bizarre but lovely anecdot (oh... and he said to me, when my desire of coming back to ireland showed up because of my friend, he, "your english is good, so you won´t have any trouble )... even though, i know i need to improve my english, i felt so comfortable speaking in english that i was very proud of myself )
Old 12-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #798
verenita
... trusty and true ...

and open and honest chat with a friend of mine. it made feel closer to him even though i don´t understand some thoughts of him (cause i don´t think they are good for him, but it´s not up to me anyways). and i feel like he´s a good friend to me
Old 12-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #799
jasmineha
Wide eyed and hopeful..

I received a package in the mail today, and had no idea what it was. It was a shirt, with some of my favorite lyrics on it, that my neice got me! She designed it and everything. Definitely made my day, possibly my week.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #800
Joyful
Eskimama

^ What were the lyrics?
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:45 PM   #801
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post
^ (haven´t listened to the song yet, i´ll tell you what i think once i hear it.)

as for me... besides of the beautiful day in the mountains, something that really made me and my friend (who i traveled to ireland with) smile. we were at the supermaket, buying some stuff we needed to spend the day... and we both chose a bottle of guinness (). so, this guy looked at us and he went: "were are you from?" (in english). so, my friend said: "from here... oh, you´re irish?" (cause he so looked like irish ). he said yes and that he was curious about the guinness ("it´s from my hometown, dublin") and bla, bla, bla... and suddenly, we both were talking to this nice irish guy (who lives in mendoza sine 15 years ago!), laughing and wishing merry xmas and happy new year to each other, lol. quite bizarre but lovely anecdot (oh... and he said to me, when my desire of coming back to ireland showed up because of my friend, he, "your english is good, so you won´t have any trouble )... even though, i know i need to improve my english, i felt so comfortable speaking in english that i was very proud of myself )
aw, that's a cute little story! what is it that you love so much about ireland? i hope you can get over here sometime, we could hang out!
Old 12-28-2010, 12:35 AM   #802
jasmineha
Wide eyed and hopeful..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
^ What were the lyrics?
It's from an Anna Nalick song, the shirt says:
"Fall awake to the sound of my heart to your beat, meloncholy and cool kindof bittersweet. Love on repeat, I'm echoing all your philosophies.."

**My neice and I both love the song, because it reminds us of listening to our favorite musicians as we are laying in bed at night.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:34 AM   #803
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livo View Post
aw, that's a cute little story! what is it that you love so much about ireland? i hope you can get over here sometime, we could hang out!

well... i can´t really tell you that, i just can say that every single time i hear something about ireland, or i talk about my desire of being there (which i do a lot!), or watch a movie from ireland or even see all those irish t-shirt (people wear them a lot here) i have the chills (there was a guy involved at some point but i kept feeling all these feelings and making them grow despite it didn´t last, maybe it´s because he´s one of the best human beings i´ve ever met, maybe he has nothing to do with that and it´s just me)... well, that´s all that matters to me
i watched ondine movie yesterday and i could barely breath. so, i hope we can meet there and speak some spanish (i will feel more confidence, hehe).

^

Last edited by verenita; 12-28-2010 at 06:17 AM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #804
Joyful
Eskimama

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmineha View Post
It's from an Anna Nalick song, the shirt says:
"Fall awake to the sound of my heart to your beat, meloncholy and cool kindof bittersweet. Love on repeat, I'm echoing all your philosophies.."

**My neice and I both love the song, because it reminds us of listening to our favorite musicians as we are laying in bed at night.
Very nice.
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote