Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 03-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

Default Honeymoon in Canada???

No, not me
My friend is getting married on June and they're thinking about going to Canada fro the honeymoon. I've been to Vancouver but I said to them maybe Toronto and/or Montreal might be better, as in more to see, shorter flight time from here.

any suggestions my Canadian friends....
Old 03-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #2
cille
creepycute

Toronto is the sh*t, but then I haven't visited any other places in Canada soooo.. I suck.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

why? (about Toronto, not about visiting other places )
Old 03-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #4
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

i know a few people from toronto and from what they've told me its amazing. a friend of mine is also going to live there for a year in october.

friends of mine are also in vancouver in a place called gibsons recording their album and said its so beautiful and amazing there. a bit dead on the nightlife but beautiful none the less

i dont know much about canada, just that id love to visit there.

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #5
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Building
why? (about Toronto, not about visiting other places )
Well when i visited TO., I was staying with friends and that was a great experience cause I saw a hella lot more of the city than I would've had I been there as a tourist, even though we had zero time to explore the city (we were tied to the studio, grr). So I'm not sure if I'd like the city if I had visited as a tourist staying in the glass+steel skyscraber city centre that looks pretty much the same as most other north american city centres. However, that part of town is fairly small, and there are some other really really cool parts of town with great venues, restaurants, cool shops and nice curious, talkative people - I just got this great impression of the Torontonians when I was there, so friendly and cool. But maybe that's cause I am accustumed to shy, intolerant people where I'm from, Irish people might be harder to impress.
"C'est what" is a great Torontonean restaurant with their own beer brewery. Everything on the menu there looked extremely tempting, and there was a cool (yet warm) atmos.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
coreyb
eskiphotographer

i had friends who honeymooned in vancouver and loved it... i love montreal but i wouldn't really take a honeymoon there... unless they enjoy going to strip clubs together... hahaha
coreyb is offline   Reply With Quote