Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 08-03-2015, 06:36 PM   #1
LisaHanniganChile
Eskimo Friend

Default Damien Rice in Chile - 0ct 29, 2015

Damien Rice will be in the University Theater of Chile on October 29.

LisaHanniganChile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:00 AM   #2
LisaHanniganChile
Eskimo Friend

Well, I'm Chilean, so I can talk about it more properly. I ran out of tickets, but with my partner, we were from 15.00 hrs. waiting, just to see him and to greet him.

Damien arrived at the theater at 18.25 hrs. He got out of the car and walked to the front door. Only were three people waiting, me and my boyfriend included, and he still took the time to greet us and give thanks us for the affection, in a sweet spanish. At the time I thought I would die of happiness. Feel his hand was something more stronger than seeing him in concert. It was magical.

I have no idea about the concert. I just know it was a show for people with lots of money, and yes it showed. Very few of them were fans, and that is just sad. I do not know. I think I'm still upset about that.

The concert ended at about 22.30 hrs. Of the one thousand people in the concerto, only was stayed about 50. The rest flew/ran to go home. "FANS".

Damien appeared as at 00.00 hrs. The producers, DG Medios, wanted that Damien get into the car and go to the hotel. But he approached people and asked to open the gates "Teatro Universidad de Chile" apart from being ugly and smelly is inbetween many buildings.

Damien sang "Amie" and someone shouted from the windows "I will call the police if he follow the noise." After Damien sang "I do not want to change you" and left, between laughter and applause

Anyway, it was all very nice. He made the attempt and sang filled with happiness and quite drunk, haha.

It was unforgettable, and I'm sure those 50 people who were there will keep that memory as something magical.

Here's the setlist:

Photos of the concert
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7951299&type=3

PS: Do not want to be controversial, but I am surprised that in "Eskimo Friends" has made a thread about "South America", and not about every country in South America where Damien was. In that case, should only be 5 thread: America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia. Bye countries and cities! I think that's fair.
Sure, I know that most people have no idea of South America, but that is not our fault. I think that is a lack of respect. Sorry.

Last edited by LisaHanniganChile; 11-03-2015 at 05:29 AM.
LisaHanniganChile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:56 AM   #3
NeoRice
Eskimo Baby

What excellent review, Constanza!

I think Damien 's smile, at the post -show, is eloquent; he was very happy and comfortable, for sure noticed Chilean hospitality. I hope he can come back soon (at the hands of another producer, of course).

Thanks a lot!
¡Muchas gracias por una preciosa y precisa revisión, Constanza!
NeoRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:10 AM   #4
glo32
Eskimo Regular

So sorry that you felt like it was a gig "for the rich", very sad indeed. But thanks for reporting anyway, and glad that he had the time to sing two songs outside the venue. People "from windows" should understand the magic of the moment.

Quote:
PS: Do not want to be controversial, but I am surprised that in "Eskimo Friends" has made a thread about "South America", and not about every country in South America where Damien was. In that case, should only be 5 thread: America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia. Bye countries and cities! I think that's fair.
Sure, I know that most people have no idea of South America, but that is not our fault. I think that is a lack of respect. Sorry.
I agree that it would be better to have single threads for each shows, but reports from shows are very few these days. It's not lack of respect, because there is no one in here ("moderators" and such) that have the job to open threads - the threads are created by fans that go to the gigs. In this case, you did good, opening a new thread, but other people just commented in the South America thread, and that's not lack of respect - maybe they just thought that reports and comments for each show would be less than usual, especially since everyone these days seems to be on facebook.
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:13 AM   #5
carrroline
person

Hi girl,
Sorry you didn't get to see the concert, but glad that you got to see him nevertheless, before and after the show.
He is so generous with his time.

As for this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaHanniganChile View Post
I don't think it's disrespect. Eskimo Friends is not a magazine or a newspaper, it's a forum where people share their stories. It's the fans that went to the concerts that start the threads.
No one here thinks South America is less important than Europe, Asia or North America. If anything we'd like more stories!

(Oh, and before there are more complaints, I didn't mention Africa or Australia/Oceania, 'cause there haven't been any gigs over there in a long while)

Last edited by carrroline; 11-03-2015 at 11:17 AM.
carrroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #6
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

yes, no conspiracy theory against south america, rather no Brazilian eskimos... actually we just pasted the set lists from setlist.fm
Old 11-03-2015, 01:25 PM   #7
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

I'm glad at least you got to talk to him.
I'm the one who started the general thread for the South American dates when they were announced. I didn't fell the need to start another thread for the show itself since everyone was replying to the existing thread. I didn't think it would feel like disrespect for someone else.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #8
guimabdo
Eskimo Baby

I would consider exchanging my ticket for the oportunity to get close/talk to him and watch an aftershow :P

I don't think it was disrespectful since ourselves can create the topics. May look disrespectul when you don't have this info.

"I just know it was a show for people with lots of money, and yes it showed."

Well, I think that's very common in our countries, not only shows but many other things may be considered elitists. Damien's show in São Paulo was about 1/3 of Brazil's minimum wage, while in USA is about 1/20 of their's minimum wage (correct me if I am wrong). Everything is overpriced for us. And it is not because he is a foreign artist, I went to a show of a brazilian band last weekend and it was not cheap. I can't tell about the other countries in South America, but I would bet that all of us suffer of this problem. We cannot blame the artist or his producers.

Last edited by guimabdo; 11-03-2015 at 06:02 PM.
guimabdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:51 AM   #9
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i really feel sorry if you felt it could have been somehow a lack of respect, but as everybody else mentioned that was not the intention whatsoever. i would say it was mostly because there were only a few people attending to each gig in south america and we could all gather reviews, pics, videos, thoughts, etc, on one thread

now, regarding prices, system of selling tickets, etc., i think the main problem is the currency and the massive disadvantage it is for south american countries (among many other countries). i won´t even talk about the profit expected by organizers, but i do believe that doesn´t equal to being concerts only for wealthy people and i´m really sorry if that was actually the case in chile.

anyway... thank you for your review, setlist and pics. i am also glad you managed to see him, that is definitely priceless i bet he enjoyed the wine
Old 11-04-2015, 06:33 PM   #10
damien lisa
am i breaking u

the box is amazing https://www.facebook.com/Gui.Roxs/vi...c_location=ufi
Old 11-04-2015, 11:15 PM   #11
verenita
... trusty and true ...

thanks for posting!
Old 01-01-2016, 05:48 PM   #12
Claude
Eskimo Regular

Hello,
here's just a link to "My favorite faded fantasy" and the "intro" with the message we could hear at every show !
(switch your phone off....)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrwHSiUZ2Gc

Great remember !
Claude is online now   Reply With Quote