Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 11-01-2014, 07:34 AM   #31
Lys
Eskimo Regular

My hotel wifi doesn't let my Surface connect to internet...so uploads will have to wait I'm afraid. ��
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #32
carrroline
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
Insane should be retitled Marti´s song

oh my cannot believe he did the Somewhere part. That´s proof beyond any doubt that he reads EF. For the last month we´ve had this thread about version 1 & 2 of Bastard... and how we all miss the Somewhere bit, and today he did it!!! it was not a mix of 1 & 2, was 2, but then after I know you do/I know you do... he did a sorta dramatic pause... and just said "somewhere"... and then he continued with the song... but he really left me with my mouth open, like he really reads EF

hi again, damien!
Glad you had a great time, Marti! thanks for the setlist & review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysler View Post
i surely hope he travels back to reykjavik right after the london gig is done and does a gig here, which i will still be able to attend while i visit iceland. *g*
Yeah, wouldn't that be great? a quick visit to Iceland before you head back to North America? Get some fresh air, maybe do a little surprise gig...
carrroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:23 AM
fillthesound
This message has been deleted by fillthesound.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #33
fillthesound
Eskimo Baby

It was so dark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (64.5 KB, 112 views)
fillthesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #34
fillthesound
Eskimo Baby

But he was in such Great mood
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (91.5 KB, 114 views)
Old 11-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #35
fillthesound
Eskimo Baby

Damien
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (60.2 KB, 117 views)
Old 11-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #36
Perl Huhn
Eskimo Baby

My dear Eskimos,
The Berlin Show was really wonderful and I recorded it with my phone for those who want to have an idea.
It´s not studio quality but to get the feeling it should be just fine. I am not so into editing, so it is the whole show as the raw audio file.
He stept on stage and started with the first tunes of The Greatest Bastard but people were still entering the venue, so he just kept on plugging the intro commenting good mooded:"I am late, but you´re reeeally late!". So the show starts at 2:15, just if you wonder what is going on in the beginning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmhj6id3iy....2014.m4a?dl=0

So enjoy the show!

And by the way: thanks for all your contributions!
Perl Huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:59 AM   #37
carrroline
person

^ you rock! Thanks a mil!

^^ lovely pics, thanks for sharing!
Old 11-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #38
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

thanks for the pics, audio, reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post

oh my cannot believe he did the Somewhere part. That´s proof beyond any doubt that he reads EF. For the last month we´ve had this thread about version 1 & 2 of Bastard... and how we all miss the Somewhere bit, and today he did it!!! it was not a mix of 1 & 2, was 2, but then after I know you do/I know you do... he did a sorta dramatic pause... and just said "somewhere"... and then he continued with the song... but he really left me with my mouth open, like he really reads EF
wow Hi Damien. Please come back to Argentina
Old 11-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #39
Pat83
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perl Huhn View Post
My dear Eskimos,
The Berlin Show was really wonderful and I recorded it with my phone for those who want to have an idea.
It´s not studio quality but to get the feeling it should be just fine. I am not so into editing, so it is the whole show as the raw audio file.
He stept on stage and started with the first tunes of The Greatest Bastard but people were still entering the venue, so he just kept on plugging the intro commenting good mooded:"I am late, but you´re reeeally late!". So the show starts at 2:15, just if you wonder what is going on in the beginning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmhj6id3iy....2014.m4a?dl=0

So enjoy the show!

And by the way: thanks for all your contributions!
Thanks a bunch! In return you can check out my recording of the Amsterdam show, which by the sound of it was in complete contrast with yesterday's concert. Obviously brilliant too, but completely different. Cheers!
Pat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:15 PM   #40
dawno
just mildly free

Thanks for sharing, Perl!
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:07 PM   #41
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Bastard with Somewhere bit, imo best Bastard ever

Last edited by borneoman; 11-01-2014 at 06:33 PM.
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #42
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Colour Me In

MFFF

Last edited by borneoman; 11-01-2014 at 07:00 PM.
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #43
Chrysler
Eskimo Regular

Did anyone go to the free Show tonight?
Chrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #44
Ewa
Eskimo Baby

It's my first post here so let me greet by saying "hi" to everyone.

There are so many thoughts in my head and emotions somewhere deep inside after this concert. I'm feeling like there is a nuclear bomb in me, just waiting to explode. I've dreamed about seeing Damien for the last 8 years. But it feels like I've been waiting all my life for this moment. And it was really worth waiting for.

As some of you said already, Damien was in great mood. He seemed to be very relaxed. It felt really good to look at him being "bright and shiny". And he was so chatty. I love all of his stories. Every single word. Straight through my heart, he aimed and he shot me down. I will always remember those words about waking up after seven years. Been there, done that... and need to do it again. I guess it's true that "life can be really f... hilarious" (well said, Damien ).

I am the girl screaming "Insane" when Damien asked what we would like him to play. Although I was pretty sure that I will ask him for "Accidental Babies". Both songs are equally important to me. But it seems that your mind can't control what your heart wants.
And I'm also the girl who didn't have the courage to step out on stage and sing with Damien "Cold water". This will be my biggest regret. Forever. I probably will never forgive myself that I didn't say "I'll do it!" when Damien asked is there a girl who knows the words of this song and would like to sing it with him. Instead of screaming "it's me, choose me" I was just seating there, unable to move, to breathe, with those voices in my head saying "come on, Ewa, you can't do it, you're not Lisa, this song will kill you, you will only cry and nothing good will come out of this, it will be the biggest mistake of your life and a reason to be ashamed". I sooooooooo regret it. While I was coming back home today, I couldn't stop listening to a "Cold water". And I sang. And I cried like a baby while driving 160 km/h. I should have been on the stage with him. I know I should. And I probably will one day! I've learned my lesson - the first step to any achievement is to find the courage to take a risk...

Thanks for pics, audio and YT videos - best Bastard ever, I couldn't agree more!
Ewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #45
carrroline
person

Welcome, Ewa!
Old 11-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #46
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

some more videos

Trusty & True

I Don´t Want to Change You

Insane in the darkness but sounds amazing
Old 11-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #47
Fjordline
Eskimo Friend

I'm still amazed by the Berlin show. As others have pointed out, Damien seems to be incredible relaxed and in such a good mood. I loved the beginning when he was making fun of the people who were late . The setlist was great and I just couldn't believed that two hours can feel so short. I am still not sure if he was being serious about a 4th album coming soon. Let's hope it's true. And I have to agree: The audience was outstandingly quite. I loved how Damien's music became more intense due to this and the darkness in the venue (which is beautiful by the way).

Unforunately I read the post about the additional show too late. I whish I could have seen him again and even would have abandoned the schnitzel I was enjoying .
Fjordline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #48
deano4leelee
Eskimo Baby

The show was incredible awesome!!
It was my first time to see Damien live on stage and I enjoyed every second!!!
But I must say that I was not so happy with the the audience. Maybe I was a bit unlucky with my seat, but I had so many people around me who talked and chattered all the time. At some points it was hard to concentrate on the music. And nearly every second someone opened a door and stepped in or out, which was noisy. So I think the audience was not very quite like other posters wrote. But probably I was just really unlucky...
Nevertheless, it was an incredible experience and I'm thinking about it all the time with a smile on my face!!
deano4leelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #49
Lys
Eskimo Regular

Vids uploading...check my profile later http://tinyurl.com/owehrty

I agree about the audience not being so ok...especially the girl next to me on the side balcony...who came in late, paid more attention to her Iphone than to Damien, and totally blocked my view by hanging over the balcony railing...
I mean..seriously!!?
But I managed not to let it irritate me too much - I just leaned forward as well as far as I could...my view needs to be unrestricted with Damien, you know...)

edit: I'm btw the one that shouted 'Lon long Way' when he asked for requests. Although I knew better :P
I was completely ignored...but hey, you never know, haha!

Last edited by Lys; 11-03-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:52 AM   #50
Lys
Eskimo Regular

blog http://itsonlymusicbutlive.com/2014/...palast-berlin/

pics on Getty http://www.gettyimages.nl/Search/Sea...ntId=519857339

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmT-...tdPon69ZK6t5Cg

Last edited by Lys; 11-03-2014 at 12:54 PM.