I Remember
Insane
9 Crimes
Cold Water & Hallelujah
The Professor & La Fille Danse
Volcano
The Blower's Daughter
Cheers Darlin'

before Eskimo he said something like "There was a time of my life when I was in a very dark place and I threw a lot of **** around and hurt a lot of people, but there's always this one friend who's unmovable, like a rock, I wrote this song for that friend."
^ i love that story.. ah they got insane! that's the best.

nice review eskimo praque, thanks for sharing your night with us! that sabroso/asshole bit is too funny
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:15 AM   #32
krebu
Eskimo Baby

hi friends
krebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:49 AM   #33
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Looks like he did the Volcano thing (taking 20 people on stage) in Buenos Aires... here's a clip:
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=MRNJo6...ice&emb=0&aq=f

Anyone recognize Verenita in there???????????
Old 01-26-2009, 08:30 AM   #34
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

^ He looks like he's having so much fun up there!
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #35
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

^ yeah. Fool and Insane!!!! That's the greatest set ever. he truly seems different, happier. the last time I saw him he barely interacted with the public and now he brings people onstage. i can't wait for verenita's review
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #36
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I think I see Verenita in the video just right behind Damien singing Volcano!!!!!!!!!!! I'm 99% sure it's her!!!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #37
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

that is her!! hahahha and I?m there too!! I'm on the "volcanoes melt you down" group, you can see me a bit going up stage.

ok, guys, what can I tell you, it was a MAGICAL night, it was perfect. I'd like to write a proper review but I have to sit down and do it. what I can tell you now is that I rquested Insane!!! and he played it and broke string!! after he finished he sid "so whoever wanted insane..." I shamefully raised my hand "you broke my string" and I said "sorry"

the best part was... we got to meet him!!!! we stayed a while at the bar and then like an hour later he was leaving so there ws a group of 20-something people there and he stayed a while chatting with us.

ok, I'm gonna go check on the pics and videos to see if anythign is worth uploading and write something else. more details later!!

MAGICAL I tell you!!
Old 01-26-2009, 12:18 PM   #38
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

so what did he play???? setlist setlist so did he manage to play Insane in full??? Did you tape it?????????????????

EDIT: There are some pics and a nice review in Spanish here:
http://estebandiacono.tv/365/

the guy mentions how someone asked for his broken guitar string and Damien replied: yes, of course you can take it……. WEIIIIRRRDOOO!!!!

Was it you Eva???

Last edited by borneoman; 01-26-2009 at 12:28 PM.
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #39
Roberta
Eskimo Friend

I'm sooo happy for you girls!
but now we need more details

so verenita, after all these years waiting to see him, how was it??
Roberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #40
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Default what a perfect night!

ok, guys!
first of all... i want to say thank you (very very much!) for all this excitement you share with us priceless!

second... i´ll try my best to put what i felt (and still feel), what i thought, what i was in that moment into words.

the gig was A-MA-ZING! and much more
as i said, la trastienda is a great venue for damien´s gig, specially this one cause it was just him and his "lowden" (melissa, i couldn´t help to think of you ), but people at la trastienda failed a little, since they didn´t give a bottle of water to damien (some girl in the audience did) and at the end of the gig, they couldn´t play his i-pod properly (quite funny though).

i have to tell you, at this point, i tried to record (audio) the whole gig, but my f*****g mp3 player failed (sorry guys), and hadn´t a camera, so i have no pictures... for now. some of my friends took pictures and recorded some videos, so i´ll do some recollection and then i´ll share them with you.

well... we had insane (by eva -thank you- request). this was funny. eva shouted "insane"; damien said: "sorry"... eva again: "insane"; alison (handmaid): "please"; verenita: "yeah!"... and damien: "ok, this is for thr three people (in the room, i think, but i´m not sure) who know this song"... cool
he did broke a string... so, he taught to us how to change a string while he was telling us about florianopolis benefit gig, it was lovely!... then, i ask for sand, but he said he didn´t want to break another string (or something like that)... so, no sand
the "weirdooo" (he whispered it) part was brilliant! but it wasn´t eva. it was a girl in the front row i guess.

oh, almost at the beginning, i shouted "we (yes, i´m not selfish ) love you" and he said "i love you too"
i also ask for "ten days to barcelona", but nothing... so i shouted (when he asked what song would we like to hear) "something new" (other people was screaming as well of course), but nothing either... so, no news guys.

about volcano song... i´m embarrased right now , lol. yes, it ´s me just right behind damien, with my "grain of sand" t-shirt, my big mouth and all my excitement (lol) singing out loud (and proudly ). he said something like he was told there´re a lot of talented people in buenos aires (common story, i guess... but it was nice to hear it), so ask for about 20 people to join him (we were more then 30, i guess and he was ok!).. so, i was sitting on the floor (don´t ask), and inmediatelly i stood up and went to the stage. i was the first person who joined him and i had this cute smile of his (OMG)... marti, i think about you at this moment. oh, he add a forth group (all the people who didn´t come to the stage): they had to say: "oh-oh-ho-ho... and clap their hands)... it was such a magical moment!

we heard good stories (but nothing new for you guys) about amie, childish, coconuts skins (my favourite story), volcano (with his "non-politically correct gesture, if you know what i mean). he said: "if you feel like you want to kiss your girl friend, the you go to the bathroom, "relieve yourself -with gesture-", then go back to the room and if you still you want to kiss the girl, you f*****g like her" (or something like this, i paraphrase what he said)... then, he started to sing volcano.

i´ll try to remember the full set list and i´ll posted later. i´ve got to go to work in a few minutes...

at the end... yes, we met him. he chatted for a few minutes (he said he had a lot of fun in buenos aires) and the, he gave us a hug, each. when i had my hug, i said: "for so many reasons, tahnk you"... it was a perfect moment and the hug was... speachless!
ok, he´s shorter than i thought, thinner than i thought and waaaaaayyyyyy cuter than i thought.

ok... i hope i did it well... and i´ll post (or give you the links) pictures and videos as soon as i get them.

thanks again to all of you guys!... and eskimos from chile and brazil enjoy!...
oh, and you must to wait outside... it´s a priceless moment!

Last edited by verenita; 01-26-2009 at 11:34 PM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #41
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

great review, so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #42
Larissa
Eskimo Friend

Verenita, thank you sooo much!
So, you did wait for him? How long? Oh my, I'll wait too!
Larissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #43
Joyful
Eskimama

Yay Vere!! So glad that you had a great show and got your hug. Thanks for the review!
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #44
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

I’m soo sorry this is an extremely long post, but I didn’t want to leave anything out.

The evening didn’t start that well. There was a group of about 10 people (including all 3 of us argentinian eskimos) with a misprint on the ticket. They would let us in, but we didn’t have a seat number, so they just made us wait and wait while the rest of the people got seated. The girl inside told us “Guys, don’t get mad at me, the problem was that it’s always with tables but Damien something wanted to have seats”. Yup, she said that, I’m not kidding.
We went outside, we tried to make them understand that we got the tickets on the first day so we were supposed to be on the first rows, central. Those seats were already taken. We stayed there waiting for about half an hour, everyone was in, and it was about 15-20 minutes past the hour the show was supposed to start.
Then the manager comes and says it was a Ticketek (the ticket selling company) error, they couldn’t do anything, but he offered to give us the money back. We told him we didn’t care about the money, we just wanted to get in up front, where we were supposed to be, we even would sit on the floor. So he sent some of people up on the balcony and Vere, the guy from Bahia Blanca (I’m soooo sorry I can’t remember your name), me and a couple more went and sit on the aisle. (oh, yeah they gave us the money back also ) There were a couple of free seats, so some of us seated (I was on the third row, I had a perfect view!!!)

Anyway… the show started around 9.30 I think, after all of this I lost track of time. I don’t wanna steal Vere’s thunder, so she should tell you what Damien’s first words to the audience were

I can’t remember the setlist, he started with The Professor & Le Fille Danse. Then he sang Delicate, Older Chests, 9 crimes, Woman, Like a Man, Childish, intro to coconut skins (video),Coconut Skins.
“So the weather is rather… warm” LOL he was in like an oven up there.
At some point he was tuning his guitar, everyone was quiet, I wanted to request Insane but I was too shy… he said “so…” maybe he was about to tell a story, but at the same moment I thought oh, f*ck it, I’ll ask for it and I shouted “Insane!!”. He said “Sorry?” I said “Insane” and someone else (who turned out to be Allison, our canandian eskimo) said “Yes, please!” and someone else said “Yeah!” so he said “Ok, this is for the 3 people who know this song”. And while playing it, he broke a string. So as he went to grab a new one he said “So, whoever wanted Insane… you broke my string”. LOL I’m sorry, damo.

Then, while changing it, he said something like “I’m in vacations right now I’m travelling solo, there’s usually 20 people around me, so someone would do this for me, but now you’re gonna have a lesson in changing a string”. But people started shouting things like “Where are you staying?, How long are you staying?” or something like that which made him chuckle and it all turn out to be a chat and after a while he said “I was supposed to teach you how to change a string… you put this thing out, then put the string in, then put the thing back in. the you turn this thing and put the string in this hole and turn this thing and then you stretch, stretch, stretch, stretch” hahahaha that was hilarious. A girl at the front row asked him to take the old string and he said “you want that? Yes, of course… (whispering to the mic) weirdooooo”
Another story: “I told a friend of mine I was coming to Buenos Aires. I told her it was mid January, end of January and she said ‘What? There’s no one in Buenos Aires in January. Only crazy people stay there in January’. So thank you, crazy people, for coming to the show”
Ok, so I don’t want to make this too long. After that someone requested Elephant. I’m not sure about the order, but he played Accidental Babies (“can we get the lights down? Down… down… more… this is a down song… really sad” everyone laughed and he smiled), Amie (with the usual story, the girl telling him to look at the starts for a sign), Eskimo, an intro story to volcano, the same as in Mexico (there’s a link in the other thread) Volcano… oh men, that’s another moment to keep. “Whoever thinks that can sing, please come up on stage” 2 people went right up, one of them, Vere “we need about 20 people”. Everyone wanted to get up there!! I did. I was on the right side of the stage, on the first group.
Here’s a clip of us singing http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=69dw1v&s=5

And then no one wanted to get back down!! Everyone hugged him and kissed him. I got to touch his back but then had to go back down. We stayed on the floor of the aisle after that.
Then he said he had to finish, so he wanted to know what time it was and no one would tell him LOL He sang Cold Water (with absolutely NO lights on) & Hallelujah, Cannonball (without mic), left and then came back for the encore. He played The Blower’s Daughter and then finished with Cheers Darlin’.

It was over 2 hours I think, but it felt like 10 minutes. We stayed outside a while. Richard comes and says “That’s his van out there”. So we stayed waiting, we sat outside, ate pizza, drank beer. There were about 10 of us in the group, Vere and his friends, Allison, Richard and the other guys we met before the show (again, very sorry I forgot your names!!). And there were about 15 more people waiting also.
At about 12.45 he comes out so we got to say hi to him, he hugged and kissed many people, me one of them, after I apologized, again, for breaking his string. “Oh, it was you?” “yeah, I’m sorry” hahahaha I guess he’ll remember when he had to change a string on the Buenos Aires show. We thanked him for coming here, he said he had lots of fun, but he had to go. He was the nicest guy!!
Here’s a vid of him coming out. http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2hz672w&s=5

I tried to record it, but I think the mp3 player run out of batteries and it didn’t save it. The pics aren’t too good, I was too shaky and I didn’t want to use the flash, it’s really annoying. But here are a few ones

“Damian” something

The professor

I think this one was during woman like a man

Storytelling…

Preparing for cheers darlin’

(He then spelled a lot of wine on his shirt)

To all the guys, it was SO wonderful to meet you. I hope we can do this another time!!
Vere, you rock. Thanks for organizing everything and waiting with me to take the bus.

here's a review (in spanish). click on "Ver galeria", there are 9 pics.
http://www.rollingstone.com.ar/nota....46730&toi=5905
Old 01-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #45
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

I'm soooo happy for you Verenita and Eva and all of the other argentinians. It sounds like it was a fun night. This mini tour is making me miss the tour days with all of the reviews and looking for the videos, etc, etc...

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #46
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

it was great. he was really nice to stop by and talked to us and hugged pretty much everyone there after the show.
He seemed to me shorter that I thought, too. and his arms are soooo thin. eat something!!
thanks for coming here, damo!!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #47
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

thanks for the review Eva, and don't worry, we loooooove long detailed reviews (I do at least) so well done!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #48
Canadian Island
Eskimo Regular

Thank you for your reviews and photos and videos. It's great to follow him through your eyes and ears. Still I don't know who I envy more. You guys, because you get to see those concerts... or him, for all the love and excitement he's receiving from you. That's the best reward you can give to an artist. Cheers to you!
Canadian Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #49
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

here's the pic of the Volcano with everyone on stage. We can play the game "where are Vere and Eva?????"

Old 01-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #50
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

hahahaha. I'm not there, but I see Vere
Old 01-26-2009, 03:48 PM   #51
glo32
Eskimo Regular

A guy named Pablo sent me this link to his page... You can find the setlist and an audio recording of the gig...
http://www.taringa.net/posts/musica/...completo).html

I'm downloading it right now, so I don't know how it turned out...
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #52
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

Thank you for the great review Eva.

I'm so glad after all this time waiting you had a perfect night

Edit: just read verenitas too! I'm smiling for you too

Damn that Damo boy, keeping his cards so tightly to his chests about 10dtb that he probably doesn't even know what they are!

Last edited by Moves-My-World; 01-26-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Moves-My-World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #53
Joyful
Eskimama

Great review too Eva! Thanks. I love the video of when he came out after the show. I love that he says that his "cheeks hurt from smiling so much". That's a good thing. What was the first thing that he said to the audience when he came out?
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #54
Lin@
Eskimo Regular

God, I miss him playing here.
But I'm happy you guys finally got to see him. :-)

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!
And thanks for the link, glo!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #55
paulbaptiste
Eskimo Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
A guy named Pablo sent me this link to his page... You can find the setlist and an audio recording of the gig...
http://www.taringa.net/posts/musica/...completo).html

I'm downloading it right now, so I don't know how it turned out...
just had a listen myself, pretty rough audio, nothing to make a cd out of, but nice to have a memento for those of you that were there and he does sound to be in good spirits, thanks for sharing.
paulbaptiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #56
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
Great review too Eva! Thanks. I love the video of when he came out after the show. I love that he says that his "cheeks hurt from smiling so much". That's a good thing. What was the first thing that he said to the audience when he came out?
he didn't say anything for 3 or 4 songs and then vere shouts "We love you" and he looks right at her and says "I love you too"

thanks a lot glo for the link. I'm listening right now!!

the setlist was:
The Professor & La Fille Danse
Delicate
Older Chests
9 Crimes
Woman Like A Man
Amie - Eskimo (with story)
Childish (with story)
Accidental Babies
Coconut Skins (with story)
Insane
Elephant
Volcano (with story)
Cold Water - Hallelujah
Cannonball

encore:
The Blowers Daughter
Cheers Darlin'

and I just realized that the pic I posted as "Storytelling" it's actually the moment he's changing the string.

Last edited by eva_arg; 01-26-2009 at 05:41 PM.
eva_arg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #57
Timeé
Intello

I'm really glad for you all! haha
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #58
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

just listening to Insane right now
Old 01-26-2009, 05:52 PM   #59
Delonelyman
Eskimo Friend

Thanks for the review, links and every detail ,..Gracias chikas, sé lo importante q significó para ustedes ,..ahora sólo cabe esperar hasta el miércoles para sentirme tan felices como ustedes lo están..cause it`s a dream come true...
Can`t wait!!!
Delonelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #60
eskimo_prague
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight View Post
nice review eskimo praque, thanks for sharing your night with us! that sabroso/asshole bit is too funny
I'm happy you enjoyed reading it

Vere and Eva, thanks so much for posting your impressions and pictures and everything! It's nice to hear you even got hugs!!
eskimo_prague is offline   Reply With Quote