Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 10-31-2011, 12:27 AM   #31
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Your same statement applies elsewhere. We dont know damien and lisa and dont really know what happened, then why make this thread?
This thread was made from a musical point of view.

Do I care if Damien and Lisa sing together again in the future? YES, because I like how their voices sound together, and I like their stage presence when they're together. So, musically speaking, if they ever collaborate again in the future, either in the studio or for a tribute gig like this, I'd be more than happy.
But do I care if they get back together? No.
Do I think Lisa has been fired that night? Yes (and damien confirms it in the hotpress interview)
But do I think Damien "acted in an evil manner" (your words)? No. How can you say so? Do you actually know WHY they had that fight before that show? How can you take sides if you don't know what we're talking about? Didn't you ever have a fight with someone and said "**** off" or pushed him away in a rude way?

Quote:
lastly, i find it hard to believe anyone wouldnt come away from the damien hot press interview with the feelings that [...] he felt what he did was the worst thing he's done in a long time, maybe ever and that he shouldnt have fired her.
And the fact Damien feels guilty or regretted his decision implies Lisa doesn't have to get in touch with him ever again?

Quote:
not really seeing how your account of munich is differing from mine?
You were wondering why he fired her right before the gig and not two days earlier etc.
And since you were wondering this, I presumed you didn't remember the hotpress interview, which clearly states that they had a fight before the gig. Before the gig, not two days earlier.
And if they had a fight right before the gig, obviously he fired her before the gig.

Quote:
Im not really backing down from my original argument. we can all admire artists and should. but that doesnt take away from the fact they are human, make mistakes, do mean things, are mean, rude, jerks, arrogant etc...

that makes them human.

Im perfectly happy, and content with dealing with the reality of the situation, in a grown up manner. damien is a jerk, hard to get along with, and is quite rude.
I really don't understand why you feel the need to point fingers.
But ok, go on doing it if you want, but at least don't act like you're the only grown-up man here that knows how the world goes.

Quote:
its sort of like if you have a job you like. the job fires you, without notice, and you are told in a very harsh, rude manner. and then 5 years down the line, you see the boss of that job at the grocery store, and the boss says, "how are you" and is smiling and happy, and the boss says "i'd love for you to come back and work for the company again". this isnt a perfect analogy, as there isnt any indication damien wants her back in the band, but i do think it shows the conflicted feelings one might have about the situation. you'd feel angry, bitter, upset, sad, but also maybe want to come back.
wow, either you have a heart of stone, or you're pretending you don't understand the point because you just want to argue, or you really don't understand the point.
You can't compare a job situation to a situation that involves friendship and love. Firing an employee is nothing like firing an ex-lover/friend/"your-favourite-creature-in-the-world"/whatever-like-that. The fact that you did that analogy makes me think you're one of those trolls that want to argue just for the sake of it.

And just one last thing, for all the ones that don't think Lisa and Damien should play on the same stage for this gig, I wonder if you know Mic Christopher or why these tribute gigs take place in the first place. I wonder if you know how many tribute gigs like this Damien and Lisa have played years ago right before Mic's death, or how close they were to Mic, or how devasted they were when they flew together to the hospital to say goodbye to him for the last time. I mean, I don't know, I'm only guessing, but I guess it would be the perfect occasion for them to play on the same stage again, for Mic. Arguing about that is just stupid.

Last edited by glo32; 10-31-2011 at 12:33 AM.
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:27 AM   #32
Agent99
Eskimo Regular

How does this come off as Damien KNOWING he was going to fire her and waited until 5 minutes before the show? I don't see that.

------

Things came to a head before a show in Munich at the end of March 2007. Following an argument backstage, Rice reportedly fired Lisa minutes before they were due to perform. So what actually happened?

He takes a sip of water before replying: “Her and I just weren’t getting on, and I wanted everybody to get on again. I was such an idealist, in a way, that I just wanted everybody to be happy. I wanted to please everybody. Her and I weren’t getting on, there were certain issues, so I called a band meeting and said “Let’s have a band meeting, let’s sort this out”, because I’m a big sorter-out-er.

But then I think a lot of the band had grown kind of tired of “Oh God, another meeting to sort some **** out”, you know. And even though I didn’t like having the meetings, I felt better sorting the thing out than leaving it lie. And so that was all good, but then we had the meeting and I felt that… I just felt that Lisa didn’t contribute to the meeting at all and just… and I had held the meeting so that she could say whatever she wanted to change, or whatever.

So I went into her dressing room before the show, just after the meeting, and asked her what was wrong, why didn’t she contribute to the meeting? And she said ‘Well, what’s the point? You are just going to do what you want anyway’. At which point I just lost my head. I lost my head, you know.”

He shakes his head, regretfully.

“Instead of whether she was right or wrong, you know… there was probably an element of truth in what she said because at the end of the day there had to be one of us who made the decision. And, inevitably, it was me. But at the same time, you know, I felt like I was very open, but the problem I had at the time was just this explosive head, where I just COULDN’T HANDLE A ****ING PROBLEM! You know? It was that energy, it was like “WHAT IS WRONG, NOW?”, you know, “WHO IS NOT PLEASED NOW?”. It was that energy in me at the time. So I just had an allergic reaction to it if there was something wrong with somebody. It just drove me nuts.

And, of course, when I went nuts then people went, “Oh my God, what is wrong with him? He is such an asshole”. So I just lost the head with Lisa that night, and shouted at her and sent her home, said I was sick of working with her, which, of course, now I realise – it was just frustrated love. I mean, I loved her and just didn’t know how to be around her and… just be friends, you know, just be friendly. So, again, it was a very sort of sad situation”

------
Agent99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:30 AM   #33
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

anyone who has read the hot press interview, can glean, quite clearly and matter of factly, damien and lisa were fighting. not just in munuich, but they were on again off again. Thats a rocky relationship and partnership. I think there is much behind the scenes stuff we werent privy to, how damien ran the band, how much of an influence he had versus others having etc... and i think that coupled with the fact him and lisa werent in a stable relationship sort of all balled into one. Kind of sounds like lisa was feeling she had no say in the band, and from what we've heard, even from damien himself, that seems to be accurate at least in 2007, who knows what he's like now. Whether he meant it at the time, he said he was sick of working with her. Maybe he didnt mean it. Maybe he did. He feels differently now, but that relationship on again off again and being sick of working with someone sort of seems to me to be another way of saying you grew to loathe or hate or dislike someone. He obviously feels the opposite now but, lets be real here. the whole point was the relationship and musical partnership had been rocky for awhile. this wasnt their first or only fight. sounds like it had been bad for awhile. Again, that begs the question, why that night in munich? and why not fire her the night before? the week before? the month before? even after the gig? surely he wasnt madly in love with her and thinking she was the greatest and they were great and then out of the blue they fight and he goes, "you know what, because of this fight, im going to fire her". people dont work like that. thats not how this went down. He had grown to loathe her, they were in a bad way, and he chose to fire her at a ridiculous time, in a manner i think he knew would genuinely hurt her badly

From Hot Press

"I can't remember, because it was a little on-and-off and on-and-off, it was like a classic scenario of... we were in each other's company all the time, working together, resting together. You know, and then when we came off the tour we were haning out together, so it was just like full-on all the time. And so it was on-and-off as well. So, that just created a natural discomfort for the other band members. Whenever there was any fire with myself and Lisa, everybody felt this".

Her and I just weren't getting on, and I wanted everybody to get on again. I was such an idealist, in a way, that I just wanted everybody to be happy. I wanted to please everybody. Her and I weren't getting on, there were certain issues, so I called a band meeting and said "Let's have a band meeting, let's sort this out", because I'm a big sorter-out-er.
But then I think a lot of the band had grown kind of tired of "Oh God, another meeting to sort some **** out", you know. And even though I didn't like having the meetings, I felt better sorting the thing out than leaving it lie. And so that was all good, but then we had the meeting and I felt that... I just felt that Lisa didn't contribute to the meeting at all and just... and I had held the meeting so that she could say whatever she wanted to change, or whatever.
So I went into her dressing room before the show, just after the meeting, and asked her what was wrong, why didn't she contribute to the meeting? And she said 'Well, what's the point? You are just going to do what you want anyway'. At which point I just lost my head. I lost my head, you know."
He shakes his head, regretfully.
"Instead of whether she was right or wrong, you know... there was probably an element of truth in what she said because at the end of the day there had to be one of us who made the decision. And, inevitably, it was me. But at the same time, you know, I felt like I was very open, but the problem I had at the time was just this explosive head, where I just COULDN'T HANDLE A ****ING PROBLEM! You know? It was that energy, it was like "WHAT IS WRONG, NOW?", you know, "WHO IS NOT PLEASED NOW?". It was that energy in me at the time. So I just had an allergic reaction to it if there was something wrong with somebody. It just drove me nuts.
And, of course, when I went nuts then people went, "Oh my God, what is wrong with him? He is such an asshole". So I just lost the head with Lisa that night, and shouted at her and sent her home, said I was sick of working with her, which, of course, now I realise - it was just frustrated love. I mean, I loved her and just didn't know how to be around her and... just be friends, you know, just be friendly. So, again, it was a very sort of sad situation".
How was the show that night?
"Terrible", he laughs. "The worst one on the tour, probably. It was awful. The band were uncomfortable, everybody was uncomfortable, I was uncomfortable. The audience, then, were uncomfortable".
Although the couple had had many arguments before, this one was different.
"Whenever it happenes before, Lisa just left the tour", he explains. "It happened numerous times, her and I would just get to an explosive place and we just needed space. Like I said, we never had the space to get over things. We never had the space to be away from each other and just appreciate each other and learn how to be friends. And so, that night the frustration came out kind of uncontrollably. Lost my head, as usual. Overreacted to something, as usual. But after the show I was very calm again. Very, very calm.
Lisa was the one who was mad after the show. And very clear that, you know, and I told her clearly that I loved her and, "Let's just take some space. We are not getting on right now". And I just wanted to save our friendship rather than fighting ourselves every day on tour, and end up hating each other. Because it was a long tour we had ahead of us. But she didn't respond to any of that, and hasn't spoken to me since. So..."

in that interview he says he thinks his lowest point is : : "Lisa Hannigan not wanting to talk to me anymore" and he says ""I mean, I'm pretty clear at this point, looking back, I was a complete asshole on many occasions. Like, very clear".

I think the interview speaks for itself. damien suggests he was a terrible person to work with and be with at this time. yet theres the dichotomy. the open and honest and aware damien, who can comprehend what a massively stupid thing it was to fire lisa, and the other part of him that cant understand, why up until that point she hadnt been contacting him and responding to his texts and e-mails and calls following the firing. I posted that job analogy for a reason. Why would she contact him?

Last edited by radiohead33; 10-31-2011 at 02:33 AM.
radiohead33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:37 AM   #34
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

and "I would give away all of the music success", he says, "all the songs, and the whole experience to still have Lisa in my life. Like that!", he tells me, snapping his fingers. "No question.""

thats to me being haunted and regretful. not sure what you'd call it though.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:43 AM   #35
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

[quote=Agent99;368290]How does this come off as Damien KNOWING he was going to fire her and waited until 5 minutes before the show? I don't see that.

------

on again off again relationships, rocky relationships, damien and lisa dating other people and then singing songs on stage about each other, lisa feeling like she was not being given a voice in how the band was run, and damien's admitting that he was a jerk back then, all sort of naturally lead me to believe that there wasnt some fight in munich and damien fired her without premedidation. Their relationship wasnt sturdy and stable and they had been having major problems, the interview says as much.

I certainly dont think things were hunky dory and perfect and lovey dovey as they got in their bus or whatever and rode to munich and then things suddenly turned bad and ugly and out of thin air damien says "you are fired".

"i was tired of working with her". You dont say that unless its thought out. They had been fighting and had problems for awhile.

I dont think a happy, loving couple, with little to no problems, suddenly becomes unglued all because of one argument. thats silly. there was stuff going on long before this.

read the article
Old 10-31-2011, 02:45 AM   #36
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

the 5 minutes before the gig thing has long been established. lisa admitted it on the npr interview during the release of sea sew and it was suggested by early posters of that gig in munich that they had seen or heard reports of seeing lisa crying in the hallway before the gig.

plus-Things came to a head before a show in Munich at the end of March 2007. Following an argument backstage, Rice reportedly fired Lisa minutes before they were due to perform.

damien doesnt deny it in the interview and talks about firing her after the band meeting in her dressing room before the show

"just frustrated love. I mean, I loved her and just didn't know how to be around her and... just be friends, you know, just be friendly. So, again, it was a very sort of sad situation"

Although the couple had had many arguments before, this one was different.
"Whenever it happenes before, Lisa just left the tour", he explains. "It happened numerous times, her and I would just get to an explosive place and we just needed space. Like I said, we never had the space to get over things. We never had the space to be away from each other and just appreciate each other and learn how to be friends. And so, that night the frustration came out kind of uncontrollably. Lost my head, as usual. Overreacted to something, as usual."

all from the interview. not the picture of a stable relationship, and not one that was rocked by one argument, but a long history of fights and problems. damien knew.

Last edited by radiohead33; 10-31-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:01 AM   #37
QueenOfTheSouth
Eskimo Friend

Radiohead, I think you should just take a step back and re-evaluate what this thread is about. This issue has already been discussed ad nauseum for the past several years. I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make anymore, but it really does nothing to help the situation.
It's not Damien and Lisa 10 Year Tribute on the 29th. It's Mic's. They were only brought up because of their connection to Mic and knowing how close-knit the Irish music community is. Whether any of them decides to go that night, I'm sure that it would be for the same reason as everyone else's and nothing else - that is to celebrate the memories of a close friend. At least that's what the Irish music circle has taught me for the past decade.
QueenOfTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:14 AM   #38
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfTheSouth View Post
Radiohead, I think you should just take a step back and re-evaluate what this thread is about. This issue has already been discussed ad nauseum for the past several years. I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make anymore, but it really does nothing to help the situation.
It's not Damien and Lisa 10 Year Tribute on the 29th. It's Mic's. They were only brought up because of their connection to Mic and knowing how close-knit the Irish music community is. Whether any of them decides to go that night, I'm sure that it would be for the same reason as everyone else's and nothing else - that is to celebrate the memories of a close friend. At least that's what the Irish music circle has taught me for the past decade.
this thread is entitled possible damien and lisa reunion show. I dont think you can discuss this, and really what are we going to discuss, whether we want it to happen or not, whether it will happen or not? you cant really begin to discuss the possibility of a reunion without looking to what happened to them, and how turbulent both their relationship and lisas firing from the band was.

really makes no sense to discuss this issue without mentioning the past.

im sure if they reunite both of them would be thinking or discussing the past with one another. how could they not.

and i wasnt the first person to bring up the issue. Queen, it would be wiser and fairer for you to go after and scold the person who originally brought up the lisa and damien fight, it wasnt I.

Its sort of naive and childish to create such a thread and not expect it to mention and discuss what went down in munich. its heavy on damiens mind or was in 2009. why would it not be on ours?

I dont really know how you or whoever has a thread about Possible Damien and Lisa Reunion, and then what are we supposed to say? Oh i want that to happen. Or no i think they are better seperate. or I dont think that will happen.

To even begin to answer that question or attack it you need to understand the past and what happened.

sort of like posting a thread about the jay leno and conan o brien debate and not expecting it to dissolve into people taking either side or discussing that jay had promised the show to conan years before.

history and the past matter.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:20 AM   #39
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

i just took issue with several people, i wouldnt have posted much otherwise. i posted what i originally posted, my first post, and people someone got up in arms when i said "damien is haunted". No he's not haunted said that person. And then I said he grew to hate and loathe lisa. No he didnt loathe her. Then i posted stuff from the interview to prove he "was tired of working with her." I said, it happened 5 minutes prior to the gig, and someone posted that this was wrong that it was some fight that got out of control. I posted this was ridiculous and they had a long history of fights.

im just reacting to people who post. If you have facts that say otherwise post them. But i dont think its helpful to post things that arent true about damien or lisa.
its sort of silly to post a topic that will attract alot of attention and posts and theories and then not expect people to be passionate about what they are saying. All im saying is it would be good to be on the same page about what happened. We know what happened. But it seems like some people still dont want to face it, or read the article.

we can all decide for ourselves whether them reuniting is a good idea or not. but i dont think its useful at all to have a different starting point about what happened, because you really arent getting the full picture. I dont think its useful or helpful to post inaccurate or to believe inaccurate details about what happened. you can believe she quit on her own, or that they were some happy couple prior to a huge fight, or that damien isnt tormented by his actions. you can believe all that, and thats your right. but, i just dont think actual facts are in your favor
Old 10-31-2011, 03:28 AM   #40
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
This thread was made from a musical point of view.

Do I care if Damien and Lisa sing together again in the future? YES, because I like how their voices sound together, and I like their stage presence when they're together. So, musically speaking, if they ever collaborate again in the future, either in the studio or for a tribute gig like this, I'd be more than happy.
But do I care if they get back together? No.
Do I think Lisa has been fired that night? Yes (and damien confirms it in the hotpress interview)
But do I think Damien "acted in an evil manner" (your words)? No. How can you say so? Do you actually know WHY they had that fight before that show? How can you take sides if you don't know what we're talking about? Didn't you ever have a fight with someone and said "**** off" or pushed him away in a rude way?

And the fact Damien feels guilty or regretted his decision implies Lisa doesn't have to get in touch with him ever again?

You were wondering why he fired her right before the gig and not two days earlier etc.
And since you were wondering this, I presumed you didn't remember the hotpress interview, which clearly states that they had a fight before the gig. Before the gig, not two days earlier.
And if they had a fight right before the gig, obviously he fired her before the gig.

I really don't understand why you feel the need to point fingers.
But ok, go on doing it if you want, but at least don't act like you're the only grown-up man here that knows how the world goes.

wow, either you have a heart of stone, or you're pretending you don't understand the point because you just want to argue, or you really don't understand the point.
You can't compare a job situation to a situation that involves friendship and love. Firing an employee is nothing like firing an ex-lover/friend/"your-favourite-creature-in-the-world"/whatever-like-that. The fact that you did that analogy makes me think you're one of those trolls that want to argue just for the sake of it.

And just one last thing, for all the ones that don't think Lisa and Damien should play on the same stage for this gig, I wonder if you know Mic Christopher or why these tribute gigs take place in the first place. I wonder if you know how many tribute gigs like this Damien and Lisa have played years ago right before Mic's death, or how close they were to Mic, or how devasted they were when they flew together to the hospital to say goodbye to him for the last time. I mean, I don't know, I'm only guessing, but I guess it would be the perfect occasion for them to play on the same stage again, for Mic. Arguing about that is just stupid.
your imagining an argument or statements on my part that never happened. i never posted that i didnt think they should reunite or play a tribute to their friend, or that lisa should forgive him or not forgive him. I never said anything one way or the other, its all projection friend.

What i did do, was point out history between the two. I think, and i know, you know, that lisa and damien have an interesting and turbulent history. one that didnt end well in munich, but seems to have been mended a little in recent months.

For them to do the gig, i do think we all need to sort of understand what happened, to even begin to think they will reunite. That all plays into whether they;d perform or not.

So you think damien or lisa would call one another out of the blue and say "hey, lets forget the past, and perform a one off show for mic". maybe, but i think there would be a hell of a lot more to the conversation than just that.

when you are hurt by someone like that i dont really think you just go "oh hey, lets reunite, lets forgive and forget".
Old 10-31-2011, 03:31 AM   #41
Agent99
Eskimo Regular

Actually, I agree with you on that part.
I don't believe they'll play together and if they ever do - I think it'd be a long time from now.
As I stated earlier, I think Lisa will be there and not Damien.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:57 AM   #42
Samart
Nothing unusual...

I will try to make it short.

Mr Radiohead. You say Mr Damien Rice is a bastard jerk because he acted bad on Ms Lisa Hannigan. I guess, to you, Lisa Hannigan is a good person because you never heard something bad about her. And of course, that despicable-low-class-horrible thing Damien Rice did on her makes him automaticly a very bad person.

I'm O.K. with that. The thing I am not O.K. with, is you spit your poisonous remarks (true or not) like this. Double pots or triple posts to show how right you are. De we really need that ? If you need some punching ball, there are fitness club for it. Or buy one and fix it in your room or garage.

That's only me talking. I don't know what other think about this. But I could read the word "troll"... not sure if it was for you.

Sincerely.
Samart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #43
cille
creepycute

Quote:
radiohead33, you're talking like you know what happened between them.
I don't want to talk about this too much, as these things are personal and should stay between damien and lisa (i wish they didn't bring it to newspapers in the first place) but if you're so sure of the things you're saying, i think you should go and read that hotpress interview again. Damien never said he hated her or anything like that. They used to fight a lot (and if you ever broke up with a girlfriend and tried to stay friends then you know it's not always easy) and that last time in munich, they had a fight and damien "lost his mind" and fired her. He probably regretted it a minute later, and that's why it still haunts him (if it still 'haunts' him, of course).

Anyway, i can't believe people are taking sides on this situation. We don't know what really happened. Some people think we know what happened because of that hotpress interview, but we actually know nothing, we don't know what damien and lisa went through in all those years of being forced to be together, we don't know what they felt when the other one was having a new relationship, and most important, we don't really know damien and lisa that well, temperamentally speaking, in order to judge from a distance what has happened.
So please stop judging damien for what he said or lisa for getting in touch with him again and all. All this "she should never forgive him" and "i'd find it hard to forgive what he did if i was in lisas shoes" is just nonsense, you're judging the private relationship between two people you don't know.

!!!wørd!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:04 PM   #44
Cerque
Resident Irishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead33 View Post
according to the lisa hot press interview her and damien have spoken since munich and since that 2009 interview where damien pledged his undying love to her.

i dont think i would be here if i didnt love and respect damien. he created 2 albums of breathtaking beauty, with O being one of the best albums of the 2000's, and he is in my view among the leading lights in terms of songwriters and lyricists of our generation.

that said, i think you can respect and admire the guys work and still consider him a jerk. From Munich on, i maintained he kicked her out. and i was met on this board, by people who acted like i was ignorant of the suituation and that she left on her own, she asked to leave, that she quit etc...

when it came out that damien not only kicked her out, but did so in a manner that haunts him to this day, i think the truth came to light.

damien according to hot press, had long grown to loath lisa. i found and find it odd, bizaare and completely insane of damien, to fire her a few minutes before the munich gig. both lisa and damien confirm this is what happened. A few minutes before show time, he fired her. Lisa was crying in the hallway.

What makes little sense to me, and never did, was why he waited until 5 minutes before to let her know. He's admitted he had grown tired of her, and detested her, and they were fighting, and it seems illogical that 5 minutes before the show, he suddenly realizes he doesnt want her in the band. Why didnt he tell her the week prior. Or the night before that gig? Why wait until 5 minutes prior to taking the stage? Or better yet, if he felt like he didnt want her in the band, and in fact did come to that realization during soundcheck, why not play the show, and then afterwords talk to her? The way he went about it, the manner in which he went about it was rude, and outrageous.

The fact they have been talking is good news. But i think it would be hard for anyone, even someone as even tempered and serene as lisa to forgive and forget what damien did.

Many of us on this board, were upset when lisa was fired, as she was as important to the band as damien is. And i think its telling that even damien realizes this now.

I think its one of those things he will regret for the rest of his life, sadly. And i dont see them getting back together as a couple either, supposedly the lightbody romance ended, and she's dating some comedian now.
I met her at electric picnic with the comedian she is dating. I just bumped into her at about 1 in the morning. His name is David O Doherty.

Although he now sports a mad beard. haha, nice guy, they're good together, I got a hug out of her and all!
Cerque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:24 PM   #45
Brandinian
Toffee Popper

Yeah guys, I can't wait for that Mic Christopher tribute show either!
Brandinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:42 PM   #46
ElephantMan
Eskimo Regular

from radiohead33

"Many of us on this board, were upset when lisa was fired, as she was as important to the band as damien is. And i think its telling that even damien realizes this now"

I disagree...damien doesent miss her nor do i
ElephantMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #47
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantMan View Post
from radiohead33

"Many of us on this board, were upset when lisa was fired, as she was as important to the band as damien is. And i think its telling that even damien realizes this now"

I disagree...damien doesent miss her nor do i
so...you didnt read the hot press interview did you? just sayin...
Old 10-31-2011, 09:58 PM   #48
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead33 View Post
your imagining an argument or statements on my part that never happened. i never posted that i didnt think they should reunite or play a tribute to their friend, or that lisa should forgive him or not forgive him. I never said anything one way or the other, its all projection friend.
I wasn't necessarily talking to you on that, but in the last few days I've been reading a couple times things like "how could lisa forgive damien" and such things.
and by the way, your words: "i'd find it hard to forgive what he did if i was in lisas shoes"
so you put yourself in lisa's shoes and you don't forgive damien. it means you don't think lisa should forgive him. it's your words, not mine, please don't act like you never judged they relationship because you did. in lots of posts.

Quote:
What i did do, was point out history between the two.
And what I am trying to say in all these posts is: YOU DON'T KNOW THE HISTORY. You just don't know. You're not aware of everything that happened between them, YOU JUST KNOW 1% OF THE STORY. Or, better, you know 1% of Damien's side of the story.
The thing that makes me angry about your thoughts here is that you talk like you know them or know what happened between them. And you claim this on the base of an hotpress interview where Damien actually explains NOTHING about what really happened, and all he only says is there were on-and-off moments with her and then in Munich he lost his mind and fired her. That's all.

I'll try and understand your point when you have your own interview with Damien where you ask all your questions and he really explains what happened. but until then, please understand that you just DON'T KNOW.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #49
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandinian View Post

me neither. hopefully, i´ll buy my ticket tomorrow. even though i didn´t know much about mic before his death (even before i discover damien´s music, to be honest), i have the feeling that it will be a gig full of energy and good vibes and love. i really can´t wait for it.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:37 AM   #50
Agent99
Eskimo Regular

I wish I could go to the Mic show... *sigh*
Old 11-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #51
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent99 View Post
I wish I could go to the Mic show... *sigh*
me too... and I'm thinking about going... the whole thing would cost less than 100€ for me and I'm really considerin it... I only hope it doesn't get sold out too soon
Old 11-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #52
verenita
... trusty and true ...

well, tickets are on sale since october 7th, so i guess you still have a chance. and so do i. i couldn´t buy mine today. tomorrow is the day, i hope. would be amazing if you came, glo
Old 11-02-2011, 02:30 AM   #53
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
I wasn't necessarily talking to you on that, but in the last few days I've been reading a couple times things like "how could lisa forgive damien" and such things.
and by the way, your words: "i'd find it hard to forgive what he did if i was in lisas shoes"
so you put yourself in lisa's shoes and you don't forgive damien. it means you don't think lisa should forgive him. it's your words, not mine, please don't act like you never judged they relationship because you did. in lots of posts.

And what I am trying to say in all these posts is: YOU DON'T KNOW THE HISTORY. You just don't know. You're not aware of everything that happened between them, YOU JUST KNOW 1% OF THE STORY. Or, better, you know 1% of Damien's side of the story.
The thing that makes me angry about your thoughts here is that you talk like you know them or know what happened between them. And you claim this on the base of an hotpress interview where Damien actually explains NOTHING about what really happened, and all he only says is there were on-and-off moments with her and then in Munich he lost his mind and fired her. That's all.

I'll try and understand your point when you have your own interview with Damien where you ask all your questions and he really explains what happened. but until then, please understand that you just DON'T KNOW.

you are right, i wasnt there, and no one on this board was there either. But i dont think that means we have no idea what happened, thats silly. Damien has talked about what happened. As has Lisa. Their accounts are in agreement with each other. its not like damien is out there saying, "oh lisa quit on her own, she was being a jerk", and its not like lisa is then saying the opposite that she was perfect and nice and then damien was a jerk. Their accounts of what happened confirm one another. Secondly, either im a psychic and can tell whats going on halfway across the world from where i live, or i know what im talking about, just a little bit. I maintained from day 1, from the moment that munich gig info became public, i and others were suggesting lisa was fired before the show, as they had seen her in the hallway crying and that this was a few minutes before the show. And that she was fired. That was minutes after the munich gig that i and others were suggesting this. Now, i dont know the specific details of the fight or the conversation, but we know a hell of a lot. Damien maintained in the press phase of 9, that people in the band had been telling him that he needed to think about others and spend less time thinking and talking about himself. this is documented, i saw him say this. Damien's hot press interview gives a detailed account of what happened in munich. Their relationship was strained, on again off again, they were dating other people, then going on stage and singing songs about each other. They both loved each other, or she loved him and he didnt love her, or vice versa. Who knows. We know, from the hot press interview, that damien was agitated, and that lisa was as well, and that she felt she had no say in the band and how it was run.

So we do now quite a bit of what happened. in fact i'd say we know pretty much exactly what happened.

I just find it laughable that people dont really want to accept or talk about what happened. we are here to discuss damien rice. all his albums so far, have featured lisa hannigan, so she is an important part of the damien rice history, and i think its fair to say, she was the muse for the majority of the songs on both albums.

To not understand, discuss, and try and delve into what happened in munich, and why it was so traumatic, traumatic enough that damien says he would give everything up to be with her again, you need to go back, and see what happened in munich. especially given the topic at hand. Anyone who thinks the events of that day werent traumatic for both damien and lisa are fooling themselves. To get back on that horse, and be friends again, after such a really sad thing, would be hard for anyone to do. Lisa was fired. Point blank. I dont know many people who are fired, in the manner she was, and are happy about their "boss" or their former job anymore. you kind of lose interest. And i got to think thats what lisas been thinking about.

This topic or what im suggesting really wouldnt be a big deal if this was some band that just went on hiatus for a few years, and did solo work, but were still a group, still in touch. Thats not how this went down obviously. It ended horribly, so ive got to think that reuniting even for a good cause and benefit like this one is, its kind of a toucy issue i would assume.

We know a hell of a lot of stuff. To say, they had an argument and she was fired, is a gross understatement of what we know. we know what was discussed, we know, what set damien off, we know what was bugging lisa, and we know the two were on again off again, and that their strained relationship, and the fact they were dating other people, then singing such intimate and raw and personal songs about each other each night, coupled with damiens self admittance, and those around him that he was an egomaniac at that point, i mean what else is their to know?

Last edited by radiohead33; 11-02-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #54
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandinian View Post

Old 11-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #55
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^like The Cille would (wisely) say... what a lot of **** in this thread
Old 11-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #56
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i got my ticket today if anyone is going and is willing to meet me, let me know.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #57
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

wow It's as if no time has passed... :-/
. What happened between Damien and Lisa is really is none of Our business... it's done..

Verenita I'm so happy for You !! Can't wait to hear all about the show !!!

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #58
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ thanks i will tell you all of course.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #59
Joyful
Eskimama

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
^like The Cille would (wisely) say... what a lot of **** in this thread
That.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:11 AM   #60
Agent99
Eskimo Regular

Ah, I love Mic... and when Glen sings Mic songs! I wish they were doing it here in NY.