Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 11-13-2005, 03:44 PM   #1
Mankman
You Crazy Diamond

Default "Enhancers"

How many of you eskimo friends have tried drugs, excluding alcohol and caffeine? Im interested because quite a lot of my friends do it, and i have tried it but was unimpressed. What are your opinions on it etc...
Mankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 04:40 PM   #2
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

I smoke hash occasionally, takes the edge off and it's usually pretty enjoyable. I've done mushrooms a few times, always had an amazing experience on them but wouldn't do them more than once every 6 months as they take a lot out of you and doing them can be so good it's a shame to get into a situation where you can be blase about them.

Never do Salvia, it's **** and really horrible.

By the way...

Just say no kids.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:26 PM   #3
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

think there's already a thread about this but i have the same opinions on drugs as i do with drink. i've never done any sort of drugs, and i don't intend to in the near future. i know too many people who do it very very infrequently and pretend they're big stoners. and i know too many people who do it often and think they're great because of it. i just don't like the whole culture drugs create, the way you're suddenly way cooler cos you get stoned every weekend than if you can actually string a sentence together. people these days (especially teenagers) have their judgemental priorities way out of whack - they think someone's cool if they drink and do drugs and smoke, they think someone's pathetic if they don't. i hate that.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:53 PM   #4
liamd
ESkimo

Well said Livo.

www.pasta-solo.bebo.com

http://www.bobogalway.net/
liamd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:51 PM   #5
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

There's nothing cool about "doing drugs", either you enjoy doing them on occasion or you don't and so long as you don't **** yourself up or hurt anyone because of them then who cares? I answered the question becasue it was asked, I'm neither proud nor ashamed by my habits, they are just what I do from time to time. I dislike people differenciating between a drug like alcohol and other less socially acceptable one.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:22 PM   #6
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Ian#
There's nothing cool about "doing drugs", either you enjoy doing them on occasion or you don't and so long as you don't **** yourself up or hurt anyone because of them then who cares? I answered the question becasue it was asked, I'm neither proud nor ashamed by my habits, they are just what I do from time to time. I dislike people differenciating between a drug like alcohol and other less socially acceptable one.
i'm afraid to say you're very wrong. people seem to think there's something very cool about doing drugs. well, at least the people who can't accept other people for the way they are. ie, unlike the vast majority of teenagers, i don't go to discos and socre with and perform oral and in some cases full-on sex on strangers that i will probably never see again. i can accept that people do this, but they can't accept that i don't. i never criticised you for answering the question or doing drugs.

i don't care when people i don't know very well do drugs. however, when it's my close friends getting stoned every week (or pretending to get stoned every weekend as the case is with one of my friends) i do get concerned. because it gives them an enormous ego cos they think they're so mad for doing all this ****.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:45 PM   #7
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livo
i never criticised you for answering the question or doing drugs.
Never said you did, I'm just stating my position. Drugs aren't cool, they're just what they are, anyone who thinks they are cool is an idiot.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:45 PM   #8
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livo
however, when it's my close friends getting stoned every week (or pretending to get stoned every weekend as the case is with one of my friends) i do get concerned. because it gives them an enormous ego cos they think they're so mad for doing all this ****.
The problem there would appear to be your friends rather than the drugs themselves. Or rather their attitude towards it.
how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Closing_Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:33 PM   #9
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

i agree with what you say livo, however, teenagers and drugs are alot different to when you are actually in control of your thoughts and feelings and a bit more mature (i noticed myself at that age and im not trying to patrionise you)
I have dabbled in alot of drugs and anything you have said is not why i decided to take them... Drugs are a personal thing.. if someone is trying to be cool or impress friends because of them thats their choice and definately not a reason to take them...

Basically drugs **** you up. For alot of people it becomes a dependancy and i've noticed with people who are dependant on them, that they cannot have a good time without them...

On the other hand drugs can give an out of body experience that life (from what ive lived) cannot give you... I have absolutely no regrets about taking drugs... actually id go as far as saying im extremely glad i did...It made me experience things on a different level and bonded friendships with people i never thought possible... but thats just my experience..
I've never tried acid but have been told that it has actually changed peoples lives, and these are people who no longer take any drugs... So thats just giving another side of the spectrum

Generalising when coming to drugs is not a thing you can put people in column A and lob a few in column B... Everyone takes drugs and experiences on a personal level (be it with a group it is still you coming to terms with the experience in your own body)

The key thing about taking drugs is - You have to have control!!... Without control you will easily lose yourself in an experience or a group of friends... They can be the most beautiful things and definately the most horrible things...
I wont advise anyone not to take them.. just dont live the drug...

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic

Last edited by Gatsby; 11-14-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 09:56 PM   #10
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Well said
Old 11-14-2005, 10:34 PM   #11
Mankman
You Crazy Diamond

Quote:
I dont quite get your last sentence. Whats wrong with differentiating the two? The less socially acceptable ones tend to be illegal, whereas alcohol and caffiene are not. Seems to me to be a perfect distinguishing difference between them? No?
Old 11-14-2005, 11:04 PM   #12
liamd
ESkimo

if you feel you need "enhancers", then go ahead.

www.pasta-solo.bebo.com

Old 11-14-2005, 11:36 PM   #13
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamd
if you feel you need "enhancers", then go ahead.
blah i was gonna go on another ramble but i really hate debates about drugs...
Nobody is ever right and everyone is never wrong...
just dont put yourself in a higher position by saying that... its everyones choice and i personally dont "feel the need" i choose to do it to experience it...

Old 11-14-2005, 11:48 PM   #14
liamd
ESkimo

My apologies, revelate, it was not my intention to put myself in a higher position. I agree, it is everyone's choice, and if someone feels responsible and capable enough to enjoy what they choose to do without it owning them, then so be it. i guess it's just upsetting to see people who can't handle it ruining their lives blindly, but then, it doesn't take drugs for that to happen. Again, sorry if I sounded arrogant or big-headed.

www.pasta-solo.bebo.com

Old 11-14-2005, 11:54 PM   #15
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

no worries and i was half thinking it wasnt what you intended so my appologies if i jumped the gun

its just a debate that pisses me off alot as its the people that mess themselves up... control is the only way of taking drugs and if you overstep your bondaries with drugs you're putting yourself in a position that is hard to get out from

Old 11-14-2005, 11:54 PM   #16
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankman
I dont quite get your last sentence. Whats wrong with differentiating the two? The less socially acceptable ones tend to be illegal, whereas alcohol and caffiene are not. Seems to me to be a perfect distinguishing difference between them? No?
Becasue to me it's a cop out. Alcohol is a drug, caffeine is a drug, nicotine is a drug, just because THE MAN says it's ok to do them and gets some tax revenue out of it doesn't make them any better or worse then illegal drugs. Can you honestly give me a reason that rings true why weed is illegal and booze isn't?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:01 AM   #17
liamd
ESkimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate
no worries and i was half thinking it wasnt what you intended so my appologies if i jumped the gun

its just a debate that pisses me off alot as its the people that mess themselves up... control is the only way of taking drugs and if you overstep your bondaries with drugs you're putting yourself in a position that is hard to get out from
Yes, i agree, it is people that mess themselves up. If a person can't control themself then it won't take drugs to ruin them, it might be something as innocent as food, sex or a car.

www.pasta-solo.bebo.com

Old 11-15-2005, 12:11 AM   #18
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Becasue to me it's a cop out. Alcohol is a drug, caffeine is a drug, nicotine is a drug, just because THE MAN says it's ok to do them and gets some tax revenue out of it doesn't make them any better or worse then illegal drugs. Can you honestly give me a reason that rings true why weed is illegal and booze isn't?
no. it's ridiculous when you think that no one has ever od'ed from weed or hash (ever) yet people can (and do) die from alcohol poisoning quite easily and yet it's legal and socially acceptable (and big business as well) and hemp has so many medicinal and environmental benefits yet because it was demonized and made illegal it's use became controversial... ffs more people od on aspirin in a year than have ever had any harmful effects from marijuana...

i agree with what revelate said about control being the key... where i live meth thrives and i've seen many lives destroyed by it, but really in the end that lies with the individual... there can be a biological component or predisposition to addiction but in the end it's a matter of choice and control. in my mind drug use is an individual and consentual adult issue and should not be controlled by government or societal expectations of upright behavior (pfft to the moral majority)
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 01:00 AM   #19
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

yeah, i like the points being made,

i'd rather they weren't arround, some people have control and are secure enough to handle them are ok.

but they're helping the business that targets people who are already insecure. it's sad that the people who already have problems are the ones which get dragged deepest into drugs which eventually destroyed their entire lives.

i wish they weren't arround at all. and alcohol really is as bad as the others... which is why i can see the other side of the argument. i drink, it's my anaesthetic (see peace in the valley by alabama 3). i think i'm probably partially addicted to it. when i was small, i never had the urge to drink, but now that i've tried it and i've drunk with my friends. i want it. maybe i should stop, maybe i'd be fine without it, but i probably won't, and if i did i'd be the only one, and i wouldn't make one bit of difference appart from being a bad person to invite to a party.

i think i wish none of it existed at all.
not all good people are level, stable, unsusceptable to heavy addiction, secure and have control.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:05 AM   #20
dizzy cannon
senseless eskimo

ive always been patronized by ppl and even a teachers (seriously) because ive never used any mild altering substance other then caffine and alcohol. when ive been offered weed and stuff ive always felt like i was in a drug commerical and what they were saying is cliche. if that makes any sence. i agree with revelate thats all about control... im afraid to take a chance and see whether i do or not. so i just prefer to stay away.

ya know what really pisses me off though... when the supreme court rule weed illegal for medical purposes. i know there may be people that might abuse the ability to get a precription for it. they shouldnt deny those that need it. i hope they overturn that ruling someday.

"You're still reaching for the moon."
"No, father. The moon's reaching for me!"

myspace

dizzy cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 05:38 AM   #21
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinBoy
i think i wish none of it existed at all.
not all good people are level, stable, unsusceptable to heavy addiction, secure and have control.
this is so true...

people here in america if they do develop a drug problem are treated like criminals. our incarceration rate is astronomically high due to the "war on drugs" and billions are wasted every year trying to "fix this problem" that always has and always will exist.

i'm in favor of harm reduction instead of this punishment approach that we take toward addiction in this country. i think addicts should be treated with dignity and offered services, rehabilitation, health care and yes even clean needles if necessary. i've seen up close and personal how people with a drug problem are treated and it's appalling... by doctors, counselors, just the general public... as if they're not even people really...

but you can't just wish it away because mood altering substances have been used since the dawn of time because.. people like to alter their mood. whether it's self-anesthethia from pain or just for a lift or a view into a different dimension of experience...
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 02:02 PM   #22
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy cannon
ive always been patronized by ppl and even a teachers (seriously) because ive never used any mild altering substance other then caffine and alcohol. when ive been offered weed and stuff ive always felt like i was in a drug commerical and what they were saying is cliche. if that makes any sence. i agree with revelate thats all about control... im afraid to take a chance and see whether i do or not. so i just prefer to stay away.

ya know what really pisses me off though... when the supreme court rule weed illegal for medical purposes. i know there may be people that might abuse the ability to get a precription for it. they shouldnt deny those that need it. i hope they overturn that ruling someday.
haha soo tru, people make such pricks of themselves, when my mate was trying to get me to smoke, i so just took the piss out of him he actually said "what are ya? chicken?" lol
Old 11-15-2005, 11:37 PM   #23
snowbaby
Eskimo Regular

in my opinion, drugs aren't the problem, people are. if there's already a problem with the person, the drugs will make them worse. i personally think alcohol is a far more dangerous drug than weed or hash... but if you're smoking every morning before school, smoking at lunchtime and in the evening there's a problem... as ive pointed out before {to friends}, if you were drinking that much we'd be allowed say you were addicted no problem. livo, sounds like your friends are the problem, not the drugs... and by the by nobody should ever do anything that they feel pressured into!
Old 11-16-2005, 04:20 PM   #24
Mankman
You Crazy Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
no. it's ridiculous when you think that no one has ever od'ed from weed or hash (ever) yet people can (and do) die from alcohol poisoning quite easily and yet it's legal and socially acceptable (and big business as well) and hemp has so many medicinal and environmental benefits yet because it was demonized and made illegal it's use became controversial... ffs more people od on aspirin in a year than have ever had any harmful effects from marijuana...

i agree with what revelate said about control being the key... where i live meth thrives and i've seen many lives destroyed by it, but really in the end that lies with the individual... there can be a biological component or predisposition to addiction but in the end it's a matter of choice and control. in my mind drug use is an individual and consentual adult issue and should not be controlled by government or societal expectations of upright behavior (pfft to the moral majority)
In my opinion, ppl only OD more on alcohol and aspirin than they do on weed is because weed is illegal. If weed were legal, the amount of OD's would shooot up greatly. Its because there is this restriction. Alcohol can be easily bought, weed cannot. but anyway weed is only one drug. There are plenty more out there.

Oh and by the way, what is salvia? And are poppers illegal? Cos i thought they were but they sell them at clubs and stuff.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:30 PM   #25
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

the answer to the question is yes, not often, but i'm not getting into specifics, and no i dont recommend it to anyone, in fact its a mugs game.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:55 PM   #26
snowbaby
Eskimo Regular

and oh yes i forgot to answer the original question...why yes i have... anyway i prefer alcohol to everything else i've tried... am.... shaun actual question here... if you keep smoking and smoking and smoking do you eventually od?? i really didn't think you could with just weed or hash? by the way kids.... hash has some effect on your body and im not getting into the science but the gist is if you drink a great deal of alcohol and smoke a lot you can get alcohol poisoning REALLY easily cause the hash/weed is a relaxent thingy and it'll prevent your body from throwing up and the alcohol stays in your system when you should be puking and goes round and round and you die. true story. my friend, a pharmatist told me so.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:50 AM   #27
misty
Malaysian Eskimo

I was 'accidentally' high on cough medication,once. And I lost 100 bucks for a freakin water filter that I never need.
Say to drugs, of any kind.
misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 11:25 AM   #28
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankman
In my opinion, ppl only OD more on alcohol and aspirin than they do on weed is because weed is illegal. If weed were legal, the amount of OD's would shooot up greatly. Its because there is this restriction. Alcohol can be easily bought, weed cannot. but anyway weed is only one drug. There are plenty more out there.

Oh and by the way, what is salvia? And are poppers illegal? Cos i thought they were but they sell them at clubs and stuff.
It's impossible to OD on weed (no one in the history of the world has ever done it), the amount you have to take to kill you would knock you out a hundred times.

In the UK poppers (Amyl Nitrate) exists in a type of legal grey area, they're not illegal but seeing as the UK government recently recategorised Shrooms as a Class A substance (they had previously been legal if fresh) I wouldn't be surprised if they close that loophole.

As for Salvia ...

It's a leaf indiginous to Mexico that can be ground up and smoked or used to make a tea.

"The botanical name Salvia divinorum means "Sage of the Diviners." Under the right conditions, taken in the right way, Salvia produces a unique state of "divine inebriation." For hundreds of years, it has been used in religious and healing ceremonies by the Mazatec Indians, who live in the province of Oaxaca, in Mexico."

I guess it'd be a bit like Peyote. I've tried Salvia twice, once was just boring and useless, the other was genuinely upsetting so I won't be doing that again.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:22 PM   #29
jimmypage
Big ol pipe smokin Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamd
Yes, i agree, it is people that mess themselves up. If a person can't control themself then it won't take drugs to ruin them, it might be something as innocent as food, sex or a car.
Liam is right. Its all about self control. Even though its impossible to od on hash it is possible for it to severely change your personality.

I smoke cigarettes. Marlboro reds. And i like them. I know singers that smokes and ruined thier voices so ill be getting out soon (going to a group in january, in fact)

Overdosing on food is also a bad idea. It does nothing for your self image.
jimmypage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 11:50 AM   #30
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Quote:
It's impossible to OD on weed (no one in the history of the world has ever done it), the amount you have to take to kill you would knock you out a hundred times.
Saw this on another board and thought I'd post it here....
how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Closing_Doors is offline   Reply With Quote