Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 07-04-2005, 01:02 AM   #1
flyaway
Eskimo Geek

Default Gifts

What is the best gift you've ever been given/Gave to someone?
I'm not sure what the best gift I gave was. I'm trying to cook up some ideas for someone special at the moment, so I'll let you know.
The best gift I ever recieved, was 3 heart shaped stones painted red with "I love you" (a word on each) on each stone. In a box. It had a letter to me, pictures, and some of my favorite lyrics in.
My Dad also gave me his guitar before he moved away. It's my favorite thing, and also probably one of the best gifts I've ever recieved. Anyways, I thought this would be an interesting thread before I started rambling on...It's all this caffiene, I swear!
flyaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 08:59 AM   #2
Beevers_uk
Esquimal Conducido Pasión

Location: In My Sugar Coated World, Filled With Angels And Love And Happiness And... And You.

Love.

- Im Not Who You Think I am, I Slipped A Stranger Inside -
...~Noelie Mcdonnell~...
- You'll Be My Muse, And I'll Be Your Poet -
...~My Myspace Thingy~...
Beevers_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:27 PM   #3
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

best present i ever gave....well since i got a job around christmastime last year, i was able to pay good money for some kick ass presents. i think the best one was a 7" of the frames 'the dancer' single...their first-ever single. that was quite good.

i ever received...well people would argue i'm spoilt, cos i got an electric guitar for my birthday last year. so that's pretty high up the list. i got an ipod as an early birthday present this year, which is also very high up the list. for a christmas present last year from one of my best friends i got a copy of homer's 'odyssey' and a 14-page letter, i liked that. for secret santa at christmas last year i got just what i wanted and needed, a new pencilcase!
Old 07-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #4
Aisling
Mel is so hot right now

my friend really likes the lilys, and theres an album of theirs that she really really wants and i tried to find it for ages and it's on amazon for like $88 but cant afford that at the moment, then i saw a vynal on some gemm auction but it went for like $200!! so on sunday i was online all day watching a copy of it on ebay and i won!!! it only cost about $30 so i think that's a pretty good present, plus thisalbum is out of print for like a million years and is impossible to get. her birthday is next week so i cant wait!!!
the best present i ever recieved is when my boyfriend came home from france for my birthday when my mum was really sick.

Last edited by Aisling; 07-04-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 03:36 PM   #5
flyaway
Eskimo Geek

Umm I just remembered, a pretty good gift I gave to my friend for her 16th birthday. She was obsessed with Legally Blonde, and some very expensive lip gloss. I saved up and got her it, and I got everyone she knew, to write down something nice about her, and put it in her own "Snap cup". She was also obsessed with Spain, so I got a card imported for her. She got me some boxers for my birthday, and I loved them to bits!
Old 07-04-2005, 04:18 PM   #6
crackpotcuckoo
Eskimo Regular

My birthday this year fell on a Tuesday so I was in school that day. At lunchtime 2 of my friends dragged me outside, gave me a piece of paper & ran off! There was a clue on it which started me off on a treasure hunt all around the town! Eventually it led me back to the school where they had decorated a room. They were hidden & on a table in the middle of the room the cake they had made me was lit & all my presents were in a little pile on the ground. It was great!!
crackpotcuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 05:04 PM   #7
flyaway
Eskimo Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackpotcuckoo
My birthday this year fell on a Tuesday so I was in school that day. At lunchtime 2 of my friends dragged me outside, gave me a piece of paper & ran off! There was a clue on it which started me off on a treasure hunt all around the town! Eventually it led me back to the school where they had decorated a room. They were hidden & on a table in the middle of the room the cake they had made me was lit & all my presents were in a little pile on the ground. It was great!!
Awww that's lovely!
Old 07-07-2005, 05:27 PM   #8
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

my parents just gave me two tickets to see franz ferdinand!
Old 07-07-2005, 05:41 PM   #9
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

my favorite gifts were from my children... when my daughter was younger she used to take bike rides and come back with her arms full of wildflowers for me and she would put them in the vase in such beautiful arrangements and write me little notes saying she loved me

once my son made a gift for mother's day at school and it was a laminated sheet of colored paper with his picture in the middle and all of these reasons why he loved me and thought i was the best mom ever... like i cook good food for him, and tuck him in and rub his back and sing to him at night, and play checkers with him, and that he thought i was pretty

okay i'm almost crying now so i'll post later on gifts i've given...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beevers_uk
Love.
yes. that's the best gift to give or receive
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:48 PM   #10
marina
Eskimo Regular

i once got a list of 101 reasons why somebody loved me
Old 07-07-2005, 05:52 PM   #11
Beevers_uk

Location: In My Sugar Coated World, Filled With Angels And Love And Happiness And... And You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
my favorite gifts were from my children... when my daughter was younger she used to take bike rides and come back with her arms full of wildflowers for me and she would put them in the vase in such beautiful arrangements and write me little notes saying she loved me

once my son made a gift for mother's day at school and it was a laminated sheet of colored paper with his picture in the middle and all of these reasons why he loved me and thought i was the best mom ever... like i cook good food for him, and tuck him in and rub his back and sing to him at night, and play checkers with him, and that he thought i was pretty

okay i'm almost crying now so i'll post later on gifts i've given...
Awwwwwwwwwwww god that is soooooooo precious!! awwwwwwwwwwwwww.

...~Noelie Mcdonnell~...
Old 07-07-2005, 05:53 PM   #12
Beevers_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina
i once got a list of 101 reasons why somebody loved me
Thats sooo cute!!

...~Noelie Mcdonnell~...
Old 07-07-2005, 08:42 PM   #13
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight

that is absolutely adorable!
Old 07-07-2005, 08:58 PM   #14
dramaking
King of Pain

on my last birthday i got a really cool present: i recorded once a guitar song of me! just one guitar, for my birthday friends of me wrote lyrics and sang on it. and gave me the cd! it was a big surprise and really beautiful!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:01 PM   #15
cille
creepycute

i'm turning 30 this weekend and my boyfriend through only a few months is FREAKED OUT over having to give his fairly new gf a 30-year bday present, poor thing - i keep telling him i don't want him to get too hung up about it, he says he won't be giving me anything romantic but i feel that if he gives me something that reflects that he knows me well it could be a pair wolly socks for all i care - cause he knows i'm always freezing, that's romantic to me! i keep telling him i only want a well behaved bf, but really i guess i prefer him naughty...

oh and btw - did i mention I'M TURNING 30!!!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:10 PM   #16
dramaking
King of Pain

^only 3 more day and you are 30!!!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:14 PM   #17
Beevers_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille
i'm turning 30 this weekend and my boyfriend through only a few months is FREAKED OUT over having to give his fairly new gf a 30-year bday present, poor thing - i keep telling him i don't want him to get too hung up about it, he says he won't be giving me anything romantic but i feel that if he gives me something that reflects that he knows me well it could be a pair wolly socks for all i care - cause he knows i'm always freezing, that's romantic to me! i keep telling him i only want a well behaved bf, but really i guess i prefer him naughty...

oh and btw - did i mention I'M TURNING 30!!!
Your 29??? Get away, in your pic in the Pics Only Thread 4, i had you down for what a really young person!! I dont believe you

...~Noelie Mcdonnell~...
Old 07-07-2005, 10:26 PM   #18
samuelle
care bear stare!

i'm inclined to say that my favorite gift that someone gave me is a bug vac, because i am such an incredible ninny when it comes to dealing with bugs. for those unfamiliar, i'll try to attach an image.

beyond that, the most thoughtful gift came from my good friend, chris, who had the air conditioning in my car fixed for me while i was on vacation. summers here are unbearably warm, so it was a nice surprise to come home to.

as far as giving goes, when my best friend graduated from university, i put together a photo album/journal of our friendship. we've been close since we were 7, so there was a lot of ground to cover. i took a bunch of pictures, old notes, and misc. significant items, put them together in a bound book, and wrote a little narrative to go along with them, full of inside jokes and the best stories from our time together. it was kind of sappy, but i'm glad i did it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bugvac.jpg (24.9 KB, 17 views)
Old 07-07-2005, 10:29 PM   #19
Beevers_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelle
i'm inclined to say that my favorite gift that someone gave me is a bug vac, because i am such an incredible ninny when it comes to dealing with bugs. for those unfamiliar, i'll try to attach an image.
It doesnt kill them does it??

...~Noelie Mcdonnell~...
Old 07-07-2005, 10:31 PM   #20
samuelle
care bear stare!

Quote:
It doesnt kill them does it??
it really depends on if you take it outside and empty it out. the first time i did, the moth i had sucked up flew in my face, so i'm less inclined to do that. now i have someone else deal with them after i vacuum them up.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:35 PM   #21
Beevers_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelle
it really depends on if you take it outside and empty it out. the first time i did, the moth i had sucked up flew in my face, so i'm less inclined to do that. now i have someone else deal with them after i vacuum them up.
Aww wi shouldnt really laugh!! sorry!!

...~Noelie Mcdonnell~...
Old 07-07-2005, 10:58 PM   #22
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Your 29??? Get away, in your pic in the Pics Only Thread 4, i had you down for what a really young person!! I dont believe you
believe it, boyo. i is dat ole.